Mila Kim:
Just the classic plot crisis around the last 2 eps like they break up, ex partner comes back, some tragedy/accident or just pure dumb misunderstanding and they temp break up.

This is very common in romance,  Almost every Hallmark/Lifetime romance movie is the same formula, I find.  Same with romance novels.  They spend the first 70% of the book learning about each other then something happens to force them apart and then there's a grand gesture to forgive all past doings because, you know.. YOLO.. and then everything is happily ever after.

Mila Kim:
Lol sorry for long reply, I got carried away hehe...    >_<

By all means!  Get carried away!  This is what I'm here for lol

Hi All

i recently read Kinnporsche (english translation) on wattpad … and I’m glad I did, it gave me a better understanding of the characters and plot. Now I’m surprised by several of the directorial and script writing decisions for the drama. In my opinion the novel handled quite a few of the issues better (ie Kinn‘s exes storyline, Vegas’s storyline with his family and Pete‘s kidnapping) and like the drama the novel leaves things open for a squel. Anyway, if you enjoyed the drama the book is worth a read.

dodoubleg1785:

This is very common in romance,  Almost every Hallmark/Lifetime romance movie is the same formula, I find.  Same with romance novels.  They spend the first 70% of the book learning about each other then something happens to force them apart and then there's a grand gesture to forgive all past doings because, you know.. YOLO.. and then everything is happily ever after.

By all means!  Get carried away!  This is what I'm here for lol

Well you are right, friend. In BLs some of them move kinda fast?? From the "is he gay or not?" To "we slept togeether" its a veeery long way. But then one thing that never happens in BLs compared to ur average straight couple romanceu is that they never meet parents? I mean, i get that most parents (especially asian) would be v dissapointed in learning their son is gay af but still... it's a bit odd. But it's still a better outcome & ending than marriage ending scenes. Things get boring after marriage Irl too lol. But almost all mangakas are women (from what I've learnt, but some might be writing under pseudonims/ be a team of ppl), so it's ironic they don't make their characters marry & live happily ever after but instead give them a more genuine connection. Thoughts on this, guys?

Buannaiche:

Just by posting in this thread, you're a member.  There is also a lively Discord group if you're interested, which can be found here:  https://discord.gg/sfuMD7PM

Fàilte!

Thanks for the invite and making me a member :)

Mila Kim:
But then one thing that never happens in BLs compared to ur average straight couple romanceu is that they never meet parents? I mean, i get that most parents (especially asian) would be v dissapointed in learning their son is gay af but still... it's a bit odd.

From what I've seen recently, it's one of the tropes. They actually meet the parents but they're introduced as a friend instead of a boyfriend, either because only one of them is out, or neither of them is out. Dark Blue Kiss comes to mind, where Pete is out to his Dad so Kao is openly introduced as his boyfriend but Kao is not out to his Mom. In Together with Me: The Next Chapter, Korn and Knock are childhood friends who have met each other's parents. They both struggle to come out and it greatly affects their relationship.

angeliviki2022:

From what I've seen recently, it's one of the tropes. They actually meet the parents but they're introduced as a friend instead of a boyfriend, either because only one of them is out, or neither of them is out. Dark Blue Kiss comes to mind, where Pete is out to his Dad so Kao is openly introduced as his boyfriend but Kao is not out to his Mom. In Together with Me: The Next Chapter, Korn and Knock are childhood friends who have met each other's parents. They both struggle to come out and it greatly affects their relationship.

Hi.  That sounds promising! I am new to any kind of Thai dramas, but I will give them a try. Thanks for recs ♡

Anyone here who likes to read bl novels and mangas? Cause I read a lot of them more than watching dramas. 

dramalover:

Anyone here who likes to read bl novels and mangas? Cause I read a lot of them more than watching dramas. 

Not mangas but I definitely read bl manhuas and bl manhwas. And if bl fanfics counts then novels too. 

dramalover:

I do. I had a phase where i read a lot and now I kind of struggle to find BL novels to grab my attention  the same. I still read though.

dramalover:

I definitely read more than I watch

I rated Enchanté a 6- which is an "okay" in my rating system (Akk saved it from being a 5 or lower)

Aaku_14:

Not mangas but I definitely read bl manhuas and bl manhwas. And if bl fanfics counts then novels too. 

fanfics are a must if you ship taekook.

Saygo:

I do. I had a phase where i read a lot and now I kind of struggle to find BL novels to grab my attention  the same. I still read though.

Same here, if you see my reading lists they have almost 200 novels that I have completed and 330+ novels added to my list that I want to read (Mostly because the good once are yet to be translated) but when you read 200 novels you become picky about your novels as you have already read most of the famous once and  yet you have to read a novel because can't keep your hands to yourselves and become addicted to it.

hoshthegoat:

I definitely read more than I watch

Me too. Because my bl journey started with book MDZS!! I can't seem to find dramas more attractive than novel. Thought I watch dramas once in while when I want a little break from novels and mangas, I mostly binge watch all the famous once in one go. 

i watch dramas but i also like manga alot when it comes to bl . i started with anime and manga though. I am however so happy theres finally more korean bl dramas.