dodoubleg1785:

I've come across a few BLs where they came out to their parents and introduced their partners to them.  Sometimes, it's early on in the series but most of the time, it's later on after they've been obsessing over what the parents might think.  Most often, I get more emotional watching these scenes than any of the lovey-dovey stuff the couples themselves do.  Off the top of my head, some that stand out are He's Coming to Me, Plus and Minus, TharnType and maybe a little in Until We Meet Again.  From what I've seen, the most popular usage of this storyline is to bring about the ever-changing views and acceptance of same sex relationships, starting with the people closest to the couple: ie, the parents and immediate family.  

Listen, as a bi person myself I know how hard that is to do even to a random stranger or friend. Parents will always be part of our lives even if we are close to them or not. That is the most nerve wrecking thing I've ever experienced, and still not came out to my parents, only to my sister ( and she was hella awkward about it, heh..). This sounds interesting, so I would want to check out more of those. Wondering if there is a tag on here for it or something. I've noticed Plus and Minus on viki I think. I got so many good suggestions from you all here all. Thank you, you are all amazing and hoping you are allies too not only BLs fans. :) 

Amaze:

No one told me SF9 Zuho would be a lead star in a BL called "Starstruck"!

I can't wait for it to air! Let me tell you that I will be the first to watch it immediately.

[ https://www.soompi.com/article/1551443wpp/sf9s-zuho-kim-in-sung-park-tae-in-and-more-confirmed-to-star-in-new-bl-drama ]

Bruhh, SF9 are such goood actors. Rowoon as well!! Can't wait to see Zuho as acting as well in this. :D Tell us what you think once you see it!

dramalover:

Same here when it comes to rading bl novels I just wish I can discuss all the (200) novels I had read with someone. I just cant stop talking about it.

Aren't there sites like this one for such things? I know I'm on a few booklovers sites with a similar format, to MDL so there must be at least one for BL novels.

Buannaiche:
Aren't there sites like this one for such things? I know I'm on a few booklovers sites with a similar format, to MDL so there must be at least one for BL novels.

I used Goodreads for general books, but I haven't found one specific to BL novels.

Amaze:

No one told me SF9 Zuho would be a lead star in a BL called "Starstruck"!

I can't wait for it to air! Let me tell you that I will be the first to watch it immediately.

[ https://www.soompi.com/article/1551443wpp/sf9s-zuho-kim-in-sung-park-tae-in-and-more-confirmed-to-star-in-new-bl-drama ]

yess, hes talked about it on live before. the trailer got leaked but theres been no news since

Mila Kim:

Bruhh, SF9 are such goood actors. Rowoon as well!! Can't wait to see Zuho as acting as well in this. :D Tell us what you think once you see it!

Ik they are but I've only seen Chani and Rowoon act. Same and I'll let u know. :)

kiyois back scrubber:

yess, hes talked about it on live before. the trailer got leaked but theres been no news since

I saw the trailer and was obsessed. Really! I had no idea the trailer got leaked, and he talked about it on live! Thanks for the info.

Hello! I would like to join please!

Mila Kim:
Listen, as a bi person myself I know how hard that is to do even to a random stranger or friend. Parents will always be part of our lives even if we are close to them or not. That is the most nerve wrecking thing I've ever experienced, and still not came out to my parents, only to my sister ( and she was hella awkward about it, heh..). This sounds interesting, so I would want to check out more of those. Wondering if there is a tag on here for it or something. I've noticed Plus and Minus on viki I think. I got so many good suggestions from you all here all. Thank you, you are all amazing and hoping you are allies too not only BLs fans. :) 

A big virtual hug to you!  It's extremely hard and I applaud you for being open and honest about it.  I'm bi as well but have not come out to my parents.  I'm not hiding it, per say, but I do sometimes wonder if I'll be looked at differently.  That's probably why those kinds of scenes hit so hard.  I'll try to look back in my mental library for other scenes that I recall with that theme and pass them along, for sure.

dramalover:

Anyone here who likes to read bl novels and mangas? Cause I read a lot of them more than watching dramas. 

Yep I read BL novels, only read one magna ‘Given’. It’s hard to find BL novels with a good English translation.

Can someone explain to me, why Asian cultures have difficulty with LGTB community? I‘m Australian and don’t understand why societies that except ladyboys (I hope that’s the right term) and produce the most BL dramas worldwide (from what I can tell), seem to have difficultly with a bi or gay child? I know the world in general is still coming to terms with transgender issues but anyone under 60 should generally be more open minded I would hope.

Monique Thompson:

Can someone explain to me, why Asian cultures have difficulty with LGTB community? I‘m Australian and don’t understand why societies that except ladyboys (I hope that’s the right term) and produce the most BL dramas worldwide (from what I can tell), seem to have difficultly with a bi or gay child? I know the world in general is still coming to terms with transgender issues but anyone under 60 should generally be more open minded I would hope.

Oh, I’ve change my profile name n picture from above to this

MonEliz:

Narrow mindset I guess. I am 20 and here in my country even people my age are so homophobic. Some- scratch it- actually most of them are like I am very supportive of it just until I don't see it. I don't see why being gay, lesbian, bi, trans and even asexual is considered so wrong. In fact a news channel did a survey on LGBT community here and mahn I tell you in the interview they took, a lot of people (Old/ young) didn't even know what LGBT was. And when they were told the meaning of it, so many of them were like I don't want to talk about it. Some youngsters showed support but the rest they basically said that it was abnormal. I had a huge discussion on this with my dad because he chose 'problems faced by third gender' as his thesis topic. I thought he would understand and he did to some extent but then he too was like it's okay it's their preference but if my child is like that I wouldn't accept it. There are conversion therapies. Mahnn I  don't get it why people don't understand. That it's normal.  Honestly I really can't with people of this kind of mindset here.  

MonEliz:

Very very good question, dear. Not sure how old are you, but kind of anyone earlier than millennials have not heard/don't have much info regarding LGBTQ peers. Queer community was not popular in Europe until late 90s perhaps. I am a 90s baby and until let's say 2010 I have never even heard the term "gay" before being used by my parents generation. Only on the internet. It's probably similar to Eastern Asian countries too. Likewise, Easter European countries where we had communism supremacy until 1989 (still recovering from it mentality wise), Korea, Japan & China were secluded from the rest of the world. Korea was under Japanese rule for a while and they are very traditionalists and are still some vehement supporters of straight couples/marriages or brothels (especially during the wars). China is still under communism dictatorship which is kinda self-explanatory. They can make stuff for the entertainment industry of course, but people who come out IRL are instantly banished from the system. Take for example the first gay Korean idol called Holland. He was literally attacked on the street when he came out just because he is gay while in Korea. No matter what you see on TV or in dramas/songs, it's purely for entertainment purposes. Japan still bans people with tattoos in public because tattoos are related to yakuza groups, Korea sexualises female idols and have absurd K-Beauty standards where if you don't fit, you're out. K-netizens are really scary, especially ssasaengs.... eeek. But, more or less, hope it answers your questions on why these countries mass producing BLs dramas are still prejudiced agaisnt real gays/queers. (disclaimer: I have no articles or facts supporting those claims, just my general knowledge/stuff I've read. Feel free to document yourself form better sources) 

dramalover:

fanfics are a must if you ship taekook.

I just started reading taekook's ff. I wanna read something where jungkook is the top. I just wanna but I haven't found any decent one with that. Do recommend me some ffs. I am a beginner in taekook's world.