https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-asia-forum/71903-bl-drama-lovers-club?pid=2493401&page=343#p2493401  @Aaku_14  is also right about this! There are LOADS of people who do not make the difference between gender & sexuality. It's like apples & pears. You can eat them together, but they're not the same fruit, right? ( look at my fruity analogy lol). Most ppl don't even understand why are there more than 2 genders or whatsoever. It's so hard when you face stubborn people like this and you're tired of explaining even before starting.... 

MonEliz:

Can someone explain to me, why Asian cultures have difficulty with LGTB community? I‘m Australian and don’t understand why societies that except ladyboys (I hope that’s the right term) and produce the most BL dramas worldwide (from what I can tell), seem to have difficultly with a bi or gay child? I know the world in general is still coming to terms with transgender issues but anyone under 60 should generally be more open minded I would hope.

@Mila Kim your fruity analogy sums up the situation pretty well. People here some are aware and some aren't. And even those who are aware most of them have the mindset it's okay outside but within 10 m of my periphery it's not. And this kind of people are the hardest to talk to. I'll be honest they are hypocrites. 

Aaku_14:

@Mila Kim your fruity analogy sums up the situation pretty well. People here some are aware and some aren't. And even those who are aware most of them have the mindset it's okay outside but within 10 m of my periphery it's not. And this kind of people are the hardest to talk to. I'll be honest they are hypocrites. 

Bruh, it's not like being queer/gay/bi etc is a disease... but then again, even homosexuality was considered a mental health disorder until late 1970s or so? Which is pretty much insane thinking how many gay parades have been boycotted today and how much the big industries are using the rainbow flag for product marketing... this world still has homework to do in many areas. But let's not get sappy onto here, guys. This is the land of flower boys & possibilities!! Need to start a new short series asap, I'm having withdrawal symptoms sheesh... 

MonEliz:
Can someone explain to me, why Asian cultures have difficulty with LGTB community? I‘m Australian and don’t understand why societies that except ladyboys (I hope that’s the right term) and produce the most BL dramas worldwide (from what I can tell), seem to have difficultly with a bi or gay child? I know the world in general is still coming to terms with transgender issues but anyone under 60 should generally be more open minded I would hope.

I can't speak for Asian culture as I live in the US, but unfortunately homophobia is universal.  Here, it's like the opposite where the LGBT community may be getting more rights, but we don't have something like a BL genre in media.

I think there is this idea of a disconnect between shows and the real world.  People who are against LGBT identities in life but can still watch it in TV and Movies think it's only fiction; an entertaining storyline but "not a real thing."

There's also this idea that a child's main duty is to carry on the family name; ergo have children.  There's this idea that same sex couples can't have children so I think that's a big part of it too.  It seems to be the biggest reason for parents being upset having their child come out to them.  "What about the family name?"  Just once, I want a character in these BL shows to keep a straight face and answer, "What about it?"

Mila Kim:
Need to start a new short series asap, I'm having withdrawal symptoms sheesh... 

If you want a short, funny, fluffy series, I recommenZettai BL ni Naru Sekai VS Zettai BL ni Naritakunai Otoko.  I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did and I'm bummed there's no 3rd season.

mhstar:

Hello! I would like to join please!

Just by posting in this thread, you're a member.  There is also a lively Discord group if you're interested, which can be found here:  https://discord.gg/sfuMD7PM

Fàilte!

Thanks for both your replies. I’m a little older than both of you and I guess having a friend come out in my 20s opened my eyes early. Things have also changed a lot in Australia  over the last 20 years.
I totally agree about about China and the more traditional Asian countries.
I guess I’m just saddened to see a lack of acceptance.

I'd love to join. I'm a huge BL anime fan. I wanted to find BL dramas as well. :)

Aaku_14:

I just started reading taekook's ff. I wanna read something where jungkook is the top. I just wanna but I haven't found any decent one with that. Do recommend me some ffs. I am a beginner in taekook's world.

My Omega Leadernim is very nice taekook ff manhua where jk is top. Just the names are different but idea is from taekook

angeliviki2022:

I used Goodreads for general books, but I haven't found one specific to BL novels.

There is novel update where you can find most of bl novels just like mdl it is recommendation site where you find all novels and where to find them Goodreads is ok but some of it has machine translation you can find more sites like chrysanthemum garden, rainbow mushroom and many more which have proper team of translators and editors on novel update based on books you want to read

MonEliz:

Yep I read BL novels, only read one magna ‘Given’. It’s hard to find BL novels with a good English translation.

There are also many novels with good translation and if you ask me they have really good stories (as someone who has read 200 novels?)

kiyois back scrubber:

i had a big phase for webtoons and i would read a lot of bl, then i got more into television so fell off it. now though i am reading more manga, but mainly the ones from drama that i've watched. the only actually book ive read for a while is the one for the untamed (i've been reading it for over a year...)

Well that's my first one. You can also read tgcf(Heaven official's blessings) as most mdzs fans find tgcf more to their liking.

dramalover:

There is novel update where you can find most of bl novels just like mdl it is recommendation site where you find all novels and where to find them Goodreads is ok but some of it has machine translation you can find more sites like chrysanthemum garden, rainbow mushroom and many more which have proper team of translators and editors on novel update based on books you want to read

There are also many novels with good translation and if you ask me they have really good stories (as someone who has read 200 novels?)

can i know the site? and how do you read the books?

Purple Enigma:

can i know the site? and how do you read the books?

Site is 'novelupdates' you can find the novels in there. just like mdl it just shows intro, reviews, no. of chapters, translation completed or not, ratings and where to read them.

There is a list below each novel which directly takes you to the site where you can read them.

dramalover:

My Omega Leadernim is very nice taekook ff manhua where jk is top. Just the names are different but idea is from taekook

I have read this manhwa. One of my seniors had recommended it to me. They are so adorable there .

MonEliz:

Thanks for both your replies. I’m a little older than both of you and I guess having a friend come out in my 20s opened my eyes early. Things have also changed a lot in Australia  over the last 20 years.
I totally agree about about China and the more traditional Asian countries.
I guess I’m just saddened to see a lack of acceptance.

Honestly, I "came out" only like last year or so? In pride month, June :) i think it's getting more common for people to do this when they are in their 20s (some even do late 30s/40s) because it is just a bit more challenging to do when u re older. Usually in ur 20s is like self-discovery time and all that jazz, so perfect time to join the grounds of queerness lol. But  most people have been queer all their lifes, they just needed a term to identify themselves with then it all falls into place like a puzzle.