Sadly, it seems now that Season 2 of "Stay With Me"won't ever happen. :-(

American Fan:
WHAT?!?  More details please!

I was first alerted to this from the video starting at 7:20, with a screen shot of a blogpost that says: "In case anyone isn't aware, season 2 has been changed. Apparently, Chai Jidan sold Stay With Me to the dubbing company, who's making season 2 as a stage play/radio drama hybrid. It will no longer star Xu Bin or Jiong Min, but rather the voice actors that played the characters in the series."  

I googled it, and this seems to be the original source of the information - although it's subject to alternate interpretation, the above seems to fit ("The content is exclusively presented to the audience."):

Google Lens translation:

Guansheng Culture
23-12-29 14:50 From Weibo web version
Published in Beijing
#声动鲁岛 Film and Television Sound Art Carnival#
2023-2024 "With Sound Theater" Sound Theater Performance Repertoire Released
[Voice actor drama: "Brother, Don't Run (Part 2)"]
The voice actor drama "Brother, Don't Run (Part 2)" is adapted from the popular online drama "Brother, Don't Run" at home and abroad. The voice theater company "Yosei Drama Lai" will present the second half of this work in the form of a voice actor drama. The content is exclusively presented to the audience. This time, we will present a sequel to the story of the voice actors for fans of the original film and television, allowing the audience to immerse themselves in the emotional world of the characters in the theater and enjoy a deep "panoramic sound" experience. #Brother, don’t run#

Text overlay on photo:

Carnival · Voice Actor Drama
"Brother, don't run away (Part 2)"
The first film and television work received 50,000+ posts on Weibo. The drama will be broadcast in Taiwan, China in July 2023. Guansheng obtained the exclusive authorization for the second half of the voice actor drama.
The voice actor drama "Brother, You Are Trendy (Part 2)" is adapted from the popular online series of the same name at home and abroad. It is a new film and television work presented on the stage of sound art. The plot content is exposed for the first time, and will present a sound show for fans of the original film and television. The continuation of the actor's story. In the opening scene, the audience will be immersed in the emotional world of the characters and enjoy a deep "panoramic sound" experience.
@@Guansheng Culture

Happy New Year guys; may we receive some awesome BLs this year.

p43425:
Oh, thanks - I totally missed that. It's even now on Netflix in my country. Wow, I'm so happy!

OK, I binge re-watched "Kimi ni wa todokanai", this time on Netflix (legally!). Such a delight to re-watch - and my conscience is now clear.

Happy new year everyone!  

Happy new year!! :) 

Elisheva:
I disagree adamantly. Cast and crew who are working on queer-orientated series under China's censorship need every bit of support we can give them. Centering the underlying gay narratives is recognising the subversive aspect of what they're doing and active DISAGREEMENT with the government's policy.

The question is whether this is actually what they are doing. In the end, those shows bring them money as they are very successful. Can we actually be sure they even care about the censorship or not? maybe it's even convenient for them. and saying they can't do anything is wrong, if it was impossible how a series like In Your Heart from 2022 came to be? (tbh I haven't watched it, but it is gay content from China). imo we need to support the people who take risks and make the content they want to no matter what. If those censored BLs get so popular and have so much success, does it even motivate anyone to change anything? 

Also, I have no idea who are the people who create those series, are they gay activists? part of the gay community? I don't know their reasons behind creating those shows. Even though Thailand has no censorship, I'm quite sure some people in the BL industry are there just for the money, not becuase they really care much about gay rights or anything. 

Happy new year everyone ^^ 

Mitzi Miao:
The question is whether this is actually what they are doing. In the end

In the end, what is produced is subversive.

Elisheva:

In the end, what is produced is subversive.

Well, I haven't watched it or any series like it (like Word of Honor or The Untamed). I can just state my overall point of view on the topic and say I don't think those series should be called BLs and that imo going by the book (meaning following the censorship) is not very groundbreaking, even if you hint to something that is forbidden. Even more when I have 0 knowledge on the intent of the creator (are they doing it for money or for ideology?). So I guess we see it very differently and that's fine. 

Trying again.

Censorship says: This can ONLY be platonic/gay is forbidden. Drama series says: if you say so, wink wink. Audience, especially international audience with more freedom says: Yes, it's platonic. Censorship wins. It's agreeing with the censors.

Censorship says: This can ONLY be platonic/gay is forbidden. Drama series says: if you say so, wink wink. Audience says: We see what you're doing with these winks and we're on your side. Censorship is subverted. It's taking a stand against the censors.

I don't see it this way, sorry. Either you see it as really platonic or say "I know what you're doing", you still watch the show that follows the censorship and doesn't really break it.  The show gets a lot of success  and nothing changes, becuase why to change anything if people are still willing to watch censored BLs? they will still earn from it regardless. as far as I know, it all started with Addicted in 2016, now we're in 2024 - what has changed? those shows didn't make some big break through and I don't see some major progress (if at all) in 8 years. And again, doing an actual BL (good or not ) like In Your Heart is to stand against the censorship, but I assume In Your Heart doesn't have the budget like shows as Word of Honor or The Untamed and clearly not as many viewers. 

I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN PLEASE 

Mitzi Miao:
I don't see some major progress (if at all) in 8 years

Sometimes just staying the course against significant oppression is the best we can do. Keeping a space open for queer representation, even if it can't be loud and proud, is still holding that space. Slam the door on it because an oppressive government isn't changing their policy on your time table if that feels right to you. I'm not going to play along with what that government wants.

I would like to join please. 

p43425:
OK, I binge re-watched "Kimi ni wa todokanai", this time on Netflix (legally!). Such a delight to re-watch - and my conscience is now clear.

This made me lol. I have yet to watch this series. Japanese series except Tokyo in April, did not do it for me this year, oops I mean in 2023 *insert smirk*, but based on reviews this series seems like it is worth the watch.