Who else is excited for January 9 (hopefully it does not disappoints)

American Fan:

@kiyois back scrubber

Hi STAY!! {{{ waving hand}}}  :-)

hi hi <3 i love your pfp 

p43425:
P.S. Great name. I would happily be Kiyoi's back scrubber, stalker, whatever...

thank you! i adore him, he's my favourite fictional character on earth. i'd gladly be a cell within his skin.

RiqueXinw:
These I really need to watch; I have been putting them off far too long

please please do!!i cannot explain the happiness it brought me. eternal was easily my favourite bl from last year but utsukare in general is my favourite piece of media right now and has been for over a year so i was definitely going to adore it no matter what.

RiqueXinw:
very rarely I will go straight into watching as the series drops.

oh? i'm the absolute opposite. i don't really watch things other than trailers before a series airs and only watch edits after i've watched

RiqueXinw:
Slow burns are not for me and based on clips and reviews Minato is going to upset my spirit.

yeah if you don't like slow burns minasho 100% isn't for you. minato upset a lot of peoples spirits, he did mine but i still loved and understood his character a lot. it's very cute imo, and i enjoyed both seasons a lot but they do go in a lot of circles over the 2 seasons, i don't think you would vibe with it.

kiyois back scrubber:
thank you! i adore him, he's my favourite fictional character on earth. i'd gladly be a cell within his skin.

"Kimoi!  Stalker!" :-P

kiyois back scrubber:
i cannot explain the happiness it brought me.

Same here - although there have been a lot of BLs in the past two years that have brought joy into my life, the three "Utsukushii Kare" ("My Beautiful Man") series + movie are definitely very high on that list. On the other hand, it could be too much of a "slow burn" for Rique - although there is a little tiny bit of action in the final movie ("Eternal").

kiyois back scrubber:
minato upset a lot of peoples spirits, he did mine but i still loved and understood his character a lot. it's very cute imo, and i enjoyed both seasons a lot but they do go in a lot of circles over the 2 seasons

Agree completely. I loved both seasons of "Minato", even though Season 2 was a certain amount of repetition - and as to Minato Akira's obvious flaws, I personally think these make his character interesting, although I can also fully understand why some viewers dislike him. (It's amusingly ironic in this series that it's the teen who acts like the adult, and the adult who acts like the teen - but I really invested into both protagonists. I also really like the way Asuka develops in Season 2.)

Okay... I enjoyed Utsukushii kare when I watched it last year (more so the second season), but I honestly prefer the movie.

hoshthegoat:

Okay... I enjoyed Utsukushii kare when I watched it last year (more so the second season), but I honestly prefer the movie.

Yes, the movie (third part) was really good - but one of the things I especially like about "Utsukushii Kare" is that each of the three parts is distinctive, not just more of the same. I like each in different ways.

p43425:

Yes, the movie (third part) was really good - but one of the things I especially like about "Utsukushii Kare" is that each of the three parts is distinctive, not just more of the same. I like each in different ways.

Usually for me I enjoy sequels less or about the same, but this is one of the few times I've watched something and liked each succeeding sequel more.

kiyois back scrubber:

hi hi <3 i love your pfp 

Thanks! :-) 

Thanks to an email by my headmistress I was strongly reminded that it is back to blood, sweat and tears bright and early Monday morning. Normally I would choose one series to watch, so when I come home in the evenings I would watch like two episodes. However with so many currently airing series that I already started I need small series that won't take long to watch; therefore can anyone tell me in which order of these series would it be worth the time:

Amerio Paradox

Beyond the Stars

Bokura no Micro na Shuumatsu

Jack O' Frost

Our Dating Sim

Love Tractor

That is it for now; these are supposed to hold me until February; so based on your opinion in what order should I watch?

RiqueXinw:
therefore can anyone tell me in which order of these series would it be worth the time:

Amerio Paradox

Beyond the Stars

Bokura no Micro na Shuumatsu

Jack O' Frost

Our Dating Sim

Love Tractor

I've watched all besides Beyond the Stars. Out of those I like best Jack O' Frost and Bokura no Micro na Shuumatsu. Guess after those 2 I'd have watched Our Dating Sim, Love Tractor and last Amerio Paradox  (it's the one I remember the least of). 

RiqueXinw:
Our Dating Sim

My vote is Our Dating Sim.

RiqueXinw:
can anyone tell me in which order of these series would it be worth the time:

I gave an 8 to all three of the following and any of these would be a great pick. IMO :-)

Jack O Frost

Our Dating Sim

Ameiro Paradox

I didn't do the interview questions from the other day. Sorry, I don't mean to ignore it. I see the list and my brain goes haywire. Then I blank out. Ok, maybe not that bad, but it's not great.

Instead, here's a list my favorite BL's from 2023. I keep a profile list of my fav BLs so I was able to make this list from that one. There's no order of preference. That would require more brain work.

2023  Favorites

The Eighth Sense
Unintentional Love Story
Love Mate
You Are Mine
Bon Appetit
Kiseki: Dear To Me
Sing My Crush
Stay With Me
- yeah, I know... BL/Bromance...

There's other titles I enjoyed, but they didn't make my favorites list. It's a "feelie" thing, if that makes sense. :-) :-)

p43425:
On the other hand, it could be too much of a "slow burn" for Rique

ah true... i forget not everyone is as obsessed with kiyoi, i could watch 4 hours of him doing Nothing and could be happy. it's not exactly slowburn but they spend a lot of time figuring out problems that they both have (they both have a lot)

p43425:
loved both seasons of "Minato", even though Season 2 was a certain amount of repetition - and as to Minato Akira's obvious flaws

yesyesyes! i'm so glad there's somebody else that still likes him. i think i'd be more concerned if he wasn't a bit cautious about dating shin due to their age gap (though i know he was still too much in his own head about it). as a whole i could (mosly) understansd where he was coming from especially regarding his shin breakdowns, if somebody that gorgeous was pursuing me i'd be having a breakdown every 30 minutes also.  him and shin just fit so well together in their silly little relationship

p43425:
also really like the way Asuka develops in Season 2.

i Love Asuka. one of my favourite bl characters ever written. i think he's so pretty and cute, his character makes me so happy. i lovelovelove him and shuu, the acting from both oku and inaba makes their characters so loveable and their relationship as a whole is just so precious :( 

i know they're having a minasho event at the end of this month and personally i'm hoping they announce a movie or s3. i dont care if nobody else thinks its necssary, its necessary to me.