April BL Drama Challenge

Day 9 - Worst Baddie

There's several ways to interpret this... so I'm going to go with best baddie = favorite villain , worst : least favorite villain and in both cases I'll stick to major characters.

This one might be... controversial, but since it's fresh on my mind, let me talk about Way from Pit Babe. Disclaimer!!! I love Nut, he's great, I want to see more of him, he's so attractive... but Way was a badly written character if I ever did see one.

He was obsessives, abusive, tried to isolate Babe, attempted to r***e him, and then proceeded to blame his upbringing, when there's several other characters in the story who had the same exact background he did. Still... for a villain, this is acceptable characterization, he's a villain, he'll obviously do bad things- the bad part was that the show tried to give him redemption....

Honorable mention to my most hated character in BL. Uea's mother from Bed Friends, the most disgusting character to ever character.

I'm so glad we have BL's  to look forward to during the week and not just on the weekend. For the first three months of this year, it seemed like they were all airing at the same time, and I had nothing to watch during the weekday. 

All this to say that I'm super excited for 'We Are' tomorrow, and 'Deep Night' the day after. 

P.S. I think I'll start SOTUS today. 

axdxex:
I'm super excited for 'We Are' tomorrow

I love BL Wednesdays, too, even though I've not yet started "We Are" (I decided to wait until Episode 5 or 6 before starting it), There's also Episode 5 of "Soju Bomb" (really cute and funny, even if there hasn't been much BL yet), the final episode of "Love is Better The Second Time Around" (I wonder how they will wrap this up given all the new stuff they introduced last week?), and Episode 9 of "1000 Years Old" (which may not be for everyone, but I totally love it - goofy comedy but so adorably cute). I can't wait till tomorrow!

p43425:
BL Wednesdays

I like the sound of that lol

I've been watching cuts of LIBTST, my plan is to binge watch it this week and I'm super behind on "1,000 Years Old", but I'll eventually catch up.

American Fan:

Yes, I think it is! If I wasn't practically binge watching two long series already I would watch it with you :-)

Keep me posted on what you think of it.

Haha definitely! :) 

American Fan:
 No there prolly isn't a HEA, which I almost always require, but that's partly why I chose this drama to help me step out of my drama box. 

What does HEA mean? :-)

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Only Boo! Ep 2

I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EP OMG

THEY’RE SO DAMN CUTE TT 

I've watched the first episode and I like it, hihi! :-) 

The moments when Kang and Moo meet are cute and funny. Moo already accumulated a lot of debts.^^ I doubt that he'll have to payback them all..., but I can comprehend why Kang is consequent, it seems to become a  running gag. :D I like it that they already had adorable moments for example when Kang treated Moos wound, or the bicycle kiss :-) I also liked the scene in the principal's room: "Change can make you feel uncomfortable, but that's how life is [...] Do you know how to get through those times? [...} You have to find happiness in change." - I like it when there are such instructive, wise sentences in dramas. 

@Magnoliee

HEA means Happily Ever After

Completely agree with u about Only Boo! It’s so cute right? I’m loving the MLs cuteness and chemistry and I can’t wait to see how their relationship develops :D

axdxex:

I'm so glad we have weekend. For the first three months of this year, it seemed like they were all airing at the same time, and I had nothing to watch during the weekday. 

All this to say that I'm super excited for 'We Are' tomorrow, and 'Deep Night' the day after. 

P.S. I think I'll start SOTUS today. 

I TOO AM LOVING THIS WEEK FULL OF BL S

p43425:

I love BL Wednesdays, too, even though I've not yet started "We Are" (I decided to wait until Episode 5 or 6 before starting it), There's also Episode 5 of "Soju Bomb" (really cute and funny, even if there hasn't been much BL yet), the final episode of "Love is Better The Second Time Around" (I wonder how they will wrap this up given all the new stuff they introduced last week?), and Episode 9 of "1000 Years Old" (which may not be for everyone, but I totally love it - goofy comedy but so adorably cute). I can't wait till tomorrow!

HOW AND WHERE DO U FIND THE PATIENCE TO WAIT TIL EP 5

IF I KNOW IT'S OUT AND I HAVENT SEEN I T

I CANT REST IN PEACE. I'LL BINGE IT AT 3 AM IN THE NIGHT

I’m loving Not Me so far and I’m only on ep 1

The story is SO interesting, it’s not the kind of drama I usually watch so it’s fun :D

And seeing First on screen again after I last saw him on Only Friends made me so damn happy *happy crying* 

OnyxTheHedgehog:

I’m loving Not Me so far and I’m only on ep 1

The story is SO interesting, it’s not the kind of drama I usually watch so it’s fun :D

And seeing First on screen again after I last saw him on Only Friends made me so damn happy *happy crying* 

Not me is so good. When i watched it I had zero expectations and it turned out being a good surprise.

Saygo:

Not me is so good. When i watched it I had zero expectations and it turned out being a good surprise.

My expectations for this drama r pretty high now after seeing how much everyone loves it haha 

Day 10 of April Challenge: Best Character Development 

Ooh this is an interesting one 

I’ll once again just wait for other answers coz I can’t think of any atm 

OnyxTheHedgehog:

Hmm, that's a tough one, but also so important in a good drama. The nice thing about challenges like this is that they push me to look through my watched list and think about my favourite BLs.

So then ... I think I'll choose "Utsukushii Kare" ("My Beautiful Man"), i.e. the combined character development over all three parts. For those who haven't seen this superb trilogy, it consists of "My Beautiful Man" (i.e. Season 1), "Season 2" and the "Eternal" movie, all three of which are on Viki and Gaga.

This was hard for me, but I decided to choose Mhok from Last Twilight. <3

American Fan:
My top picks, even though you didn't ask. :-)

Not Me
Long Time No See
Never Let Me Go
He's Coming To Me
Be Loved in House: I Do
My Engineer
Lovely Writer
Love Mechanics
Between Us
A Breeze of Love
2 Moons & 2 Moons 2
Since we kinda overlap on tastes, haha

@American Fan, I'm workin' my way through your list, slowly but surely.

I knocked off "Long Time No See" (Gaga), which didn't take long (1:20). One of the nice things about KBLs is that they're usually compact (unlike Thai marathons). I thought it was really good, even though I'm not so keen on action and martial arts - and although it was a bit rushed, better that than bored. Wild Dog is such a cutie - and at a superficial level, the story reminded me of "Prizzi's Honor" (both partners trying to assassinate each other - although, of course, with a very different ending). (That's a serious spoiler. Do not read if you haven't watched the series and plan to.)

I'm now on Episode 3 of "Between Us" (iQiyi). Although "Until We Meet Again" is my all-time favourite BL, this follow-on series had been languishing on my PTW list until now because of the rather negative MDL reviews. But so far, I love it - so thanks for your nudge! It's probably not suited for anyone who doesn't know "UWMA", and there's a certain amount of retconning (although not nearly as irritating as in "Love By Chance 2"). But for me, it gives me more of the "UWMA" that I love so much, plus some new characters.