axdxex:
Day 27 - BL Drama you dropped

Sukiyanen Kedo Do Yaro Ka. I enjoy most Japanese BLs, but this one was just bad. The actors and characters had no chemistry and I kept questioning if they really should end up with each other.  >_> You know the show is screwed when you think the lead looks better with his ex. 

Well said (especially your last sentence, haha!). This series started off promising but was so disappointing.

axdxex:

April BL Drama Challenge

Day 27 - BL Drama you dropped

Sukiyanen Kedo Do Yaro Ka. I enjoy most Japanese BLs, but this one was just bad. The actors and characters had no chemistry and I kept questioning if they really should end up with each other.  >_> You know the show is screwed when you think the lead looks better with his ex. 

Day 28 - BL Drama that deserves to get S2

I have two in mind : History 3 : Trapped (which has already been mentioned and I agree with completely) and Stay By My Side. SBMS left of with Jiang Chi now being in possession of Bu Xia's clairvoyance, and I can't help but wish we could have gotten ghost hunting/helping boyfriends. It would be so fun <3 Plus these two actors have really good chemistry and really good kiss scenes ;;

I agree. I was really excited for this when it came out. The story's not bad, but the leads had zero chemistry.

Day 29 Challenge: "Underrated BL drama"

"Takara-kun to Amagi-kun" is among my all-time favourite BLs - partly because I especially like stories of young first love, but mostly because the series (and especially Amagi / Oriyama Nao) is just so adorably cute, sweet and fluffy beyond words, and at times also quite funny. This is one of those series that I liked more and more with a second and third rewatch, and by now it's solidly in my list of "Favourite BLs that I've watched more times than I can count". It also has Komiya Rio and Suzuki Kosuke in particularly good, memorable supporting roles (respectively Tanaka and Katori).

It has an average MDL rating of 7.6, and BL Watcher gives it a "C+", so its ratings aren't especially low - but I rarely hear it mentioned. So, since I've not yet chosen it for any Challenge questions, I'm taking this opportunity to mention it!

I am gonna go with "My Ride". <3 MorkTawan were so freaking cute!!! <3

Re-watching Utsukushii Kare right now. Watched season 1, now on season 2. I'll watch the movie too, today. <3

Day 29 Challenge: Underrated BL drama

Given With an MDL rating 7.4 and fewer than 15,000 watchers, I feel that this 6-episode drama is a hidden gem. Hardly anyone mentions it. MDL TW: Tragic past

DAY 29 - April Challenge - Underrated BL Drama

I first thought about Takara-kun to Amagi-kun as well. I agree with P43425 that it's a really cute drama with a lower than deserved rating.

However I'm choosing Kimi no Koto Dake Mite Itai with the same MDL 7.6 score, but imo, even more super cute! Lol. 

In any case I gave both dramas a 9/10 so you can't go wrong with either pick!

PaiSkyForever:
MorkTawan were so freaking cute!!! <3

I thought about this one too! It's on my pfp favorite list. :-)

American Fan:

I thought about this one too! It's on my pfp favorite list. :-)

:) Yeah I really liked it alot <3

PaiSkyForever:

I am gonna go with "My Ride". <3 

I hadn't heard of this one before. Now added to my PTW list. Thanks.

Emma:
Re-watching Utsukushii Kare right now.

This trilogy is among the BLs that I don't think I could ever get tired of re-watching.

angeliviki2022:
 Given With an MDL rating 7.4 and fewer than 15,000 watchers, I feel that this 6-episode drama is a hidden gem.

(re: "Given ") This was already on my PTW list because of Suzuki Jin, who I thought was so good as Aida in "Kieta Hatsukoi". Thanks for the nudge.

American Fan:
However I'm choosing Kimi no Koto Dake Mite Itai

Yes, a superb story of coming of age and first love, with a vibe rather like the equally superb* "His - Koisuru Tsumori Nante Nakatta" (and even the same wonderfully expressive young actor, Kura Yuki). And you're so right: Definitely underrated - or at least undermentioned. The one problem: I don't think there was ever an official international release, so for lack of any legal option, I confess to having watched it on Bilibili.

*except for one big flaw: the abrupt ending

p43425:
This trilogy is among the BLs that I don't think I could ever get tired of re-watching.

Indeed, I even placed it in my list of High re-watch value series and movies. Only one other movie made me feel like this and that's The Blue Hour starring Gun Atthaphan. <3 Right now re-watching My Beautiful Man Eternal movie.

American Fan:
I'm choosing Kimi no Koto Dake Mite Itai with the same MDL 7.6 score, but imo, even more super cute! Lol. 

Great choice. Such a hidden gem, and definitely underrated. I loved it.

I'm now watching Kimi to Nara Koi wo Shite Mite mo. Will come back with more impressions on it. So far I didn't like the first few minutes of it but everything else seems in order.

Emma:

I'm now watching Kimi to Nara Koi wo Shite Mite mo. Will come back with more impressions on it. So far I didn't like the first few minutes of it but everything else seems in order.

Great timing lol I actually planned to pick this one for today's challenge :) Hopefully you like it.

April BL Drama Challenge

Day 29 - Underrated BL Drama

Kimi to Nara Ko wo Shite Mite mo. This drama is simply refreshing. At its base it's a first love sort of drama, with young characters discovering themselves, to the picturesque Japanese sea as background. In reality it's the story of a big city boy (Amane) who has been jaded by his experiences with love and sex. In this small town he meets Ryuji who has similarly been scared by the realities of life and loss, and yet he refuses to fall prey to sadness. To me, it's a drama that flips stereotypes and expectations on its head, without loosing the romance. 

PaiSkyForever:

I am gonna go with "My Ride". <3 MorkTawan were so freaking cute!!! <3

im happy to know someone else has seen it

also the fact that p'fluke has joined gmmtv now

i'm hoping he gets better projects he's there in the perfect 10liners ig