June Challenge Day 27 - Suggest a drama for a first-time watcher

Cherry Magic - 2023

The Japanese version is dear to me, but the Thai adaptation better balanced the intense emotions and comedic elements. It's easy to laugh and be entertained by the show while recognizing the main characters' growth. Let's not forget  Tay, he will attract an audience! There will never be a greener green flag, LOL 

American Fan:
wonderful Takara-kun to Amagi-kun

How in the world did I miss this one ??? I'm a sucker for cute ones!

Day 27 - Suggest a drama for a first time watcher 

A part of me wants to say 2gether, because despite detractors, this show was a moment. It's tame enough for people who may be hesitant to go into the genre-- but once you've watched more shows and gain perspective, you can't help but feel that the tameness was a cop out in relation to the setting and story. (I still do like this show, and am currently doing a slow re-watch, so I'll probably leave my 2 cents here, when I'm done.)

My other option is My School President, which is an excellent choice, except for the high school BL haters. (I respect their choice, but I do not agree! There's always room for a good High School BL).

I guess the winner shall be Bad Buddy. A modern Romeo & Juliette with witty characters, intense love, and a HEA. (All that is left to do is hope they don't ship OhmNanon, because that ship is dead and gone lol).

Two episodes of The Rebound have aired— can anyone tell me if I should start watching or can it wait until it’s done airing ? (basically how much are you enjoying it?)

axdxex:

Two episodes of The Rebound have aired— can anyone tell me if I should start watching or can it wait until it’s done airing ? (basically how much are you enjoying it?)

If you want to see Meen topless for most of the episode then its worth it haha as for Ping ya I’m still struggling with his  acting but that’s just me I’m still going to try and give it three episodes  .

FortPeatForever:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8rhaEJNSnO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link I am so freaking happy for BothNewyear <3

I don't know this couple but they look so cute together! So happy for them XD

Simi_Tutu:

I have to say it is quite annoying- once again I had to unsubscribe and resubscribe in order to get my notifications today

Yeah, I have to click on past notifications from like 4 days ago to get on the forum, and then try and catch up on the new messages 

It's a real issue now TT

American Fan:

Yay, I missed you!! I don't have any notifications. I guess they got traded for emoji's. ?‍?

ETA: nope, the emoji's come and then they go.

Haha, missed you too XD 

Honestly, I'd rather they fixed the notifications thing instead of the emojis cuz this is starting to really piss me off lol

RiqueXinw:

Oh there you are.

Welcome back ?

Thx

(I'm guessing the question mark was an emoji...?)

axdxex:

I'm gonna start it soon (probably watch the first ep today and then the next ep tmrw) cuz I was planning to watch it while airing anyways (although I'm not very excited or hyped about this series- we'll see how it goes)

Day 27 of June Challenge: BL Bestie...suggest a drama for a first time watcher

Completely agree with all the ones mentioned so far, especially Cherry Magic TH, Semantic Error, Cutie Pie and Bad Buddy

I think I'd rec Love In The Air (since it was my first BL drama and it's literally the whole reason I'm here rn) cuz the series just has everything

Classic yet enjoyable plot, hot spicy scene, sweet emotional scenes, hot n spicy couples, guys on bikes (HUGE plus) and HEA 

Also, it's BossNoeul and FortPeat so yeah

And I loved how the weather forecast thing kinda tied in with eh story, that was really creative

KinnPorsche and HIStory 3: Trapped r also good recs, cuz of the enemies-to-lovers trope (my fav)

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Honestly, I'd rather they fixed the notifications thing

I just got my first notification in four days - spontaneously, i.e. I haven't bothered to unsubscribe and resubscribe or anything like that. Fingers crossed.

axdxex:
I guess the winner shall be Bad Buddy. 

It's hard to recommend without knowing the person's tastes and preferences, but "Bad  Buddy" has broad appeal and is so good in terms of story, acting, cuteness, sex appeal, everything, plus also neither too fluffy nor too heavy - so yeah, that's a safe choice. But the others you all have mentioned are also great choices.

Simi_Tutu:
How in the world did I miss this one ??? I'm a sucker for cute ones!

For me, "Takara-kun to Amagi-kun" is the cutest BL ever - and also quite funny at times. If you love it even half as much as me, you will be a happy camper.

axdxex:
Two episodes of The Rebound have aired

I decided to start it. There's lots I can criticise, but it's watchable. Lots of eye candy. *slobber slobber*

I'd like to join

I am getting notifications again; hopefully I will continue to get them.

OnyxTheHedgehog:
(I'm guessing the question mark was an emoji...?)

Yes it was.

Updates:

axdxex:

Same, waiting on reviews.  I am ignoring it for now. Truth be told I will probably never watch it if it goes down the path I have come to expect it.

OnyxTheHedgehog:
I don't know this couple but they look so cute together! So happy for them XD

Here is a little insight into their story:

Source: X (Twitter)

P.S still getting notifications :)

ShirleyCrow:

I'd like to join

Welcome to the club. If you are new to BLs then Welcome to heaven!

OnyxTheHedgehog:
guys on bikes (HUGE plus)

I see we are consistent lol

p43425:
There's lots I can criticise, but it's watchable. Lots of eye candy. *slobber slobber*

that's definitely a point for The Rebound--

OnyxTheHedgehog:
although I'm not very excited or hyped about this series

Yeah, that's how I feel about it too.  There's too many dramas coming up that I do have plans to watch in real time, so this probably won't make it on there...

June Challenge- Day 27 - BL Bestie...Suggest a drama for a first time watcher

One's first BL should be special like a right of passage. Oh so many choices,I want to go with something short and simple but then I want it to leave a great impression. I will go with I Told Sunset about You; even though it is not simple. I think there is something symbolic about the characters going through self discovery  and the watcher discovering something new as well. I think this is a great first watch to have. The story is well crafted and produced, and also the emotional impact it has is significant.