RXinw:
Just posted.

eeeep just read-- I guess I'll wait for the last episode

From reading a blog, I've discovered something of truly momentous and global importance:

I've long been frustrated that VPN doesn't work to overcome geo-blocking on iQiyi (on either PC or Android). This is particularly infuriating right now with "Battle of the Writers (uncut)" only available on iQiyi Thailand.

So here's the trick: Using Firefox, start the video first before logging in to iQiyi (or if auto-logged in via cookie, use an incognito window). It really works! I'm now re-watching Ep. 1 of "Battle of the Writers" on iQiyi Thailand. Whoo-hooo!

Gameboys season 1 - Episodes 1 - 8

Yes I have been watching in secret lol. 

Okay seriously, I love how they framed an entire series in a virtual context to fit the time line of the pandemic. Cai's father's death due to covid was very real in how they portrayed it and the actor playing Cai hit me he the feels when he broke down and cry; it just felt real especially with this situation being the reality for so many. I will not go into it as the pandemic period is a very sensitive topic for so many.

I am fully enjoying this series. Here are some screenshots:

I know it is a bit late but I could not wait till morning to post these:

Source: X (Twitter)

Look at my Shun all smiles

Mysterious......I like it!

I am totally jumping straight into this one as it drops. Yes, I know it is strange for me with it being a J-BL but the description has me hooked and the poster for some strange reason reminds me of the American drama series Blindspot (absolutely love season 1&2 of that show). I think it is because the background is reminding me of the New York city scene where they found Jane in a duffle bag.

Day 4 August Challenge: What are your favourite drama tags? Least favourite? Share why if you like.

Based on my stats, the top 7 favorite tags are:

• Friendship
  • Happy Ending
  • Death (I like series with mystery and stuff, so don't get me wrong lmao
  • Idol Actor
  • Nice Male Lead
  • High School
  • LGBTQ+

The least favorite would probably be:

• Bullying
  • Cohabitation
  • Cheating
  • Betrayal
  • Love Triangle
  • Graphic Violence
  • Open Ending
 angeliviki2022:
Share a quote. Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

oooooo, I like that, that suits me neatly as well. Thanks for sharing. I now claim this as my Day 3 answer too lol 

Day 5. What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch? Or re-watch... over & over, lol.

This probably boils down to: insane chemistry between the leads. It also has to be GL or BL or else it won't get a re-watch. For example, I won't re-watch Alice in Borderland because I don't want to see that level of carnage anymore (unless it's for season 3).

I have a huge ptw list (over 850 titles) and most of them are GL or BL. Some of them are straight dramas (mostly kdramas) that came highly recommended by people and some are dramas with my favorite actors and actresses.

All in all, what I watch depends on my current mood and interests. If I happen to like a drama enough to re-watch it (even once or over and over), that means that drama's special in some way. So far, only a few dramas and movies have caught my interest enough to re-watch them over and over. I have them in a list on my profile. They are BL or GL series (only one GL so far, that's because I watched more BL series up until a few months ago). I'm tempted to add other GL series to it as well, but so far none have caught my interest enough for a re-watch.

As someone who rarely re-watches media, it's difficult for me to make this list and keep it updated too. If I haven't re-watched something in a while, that means it has lost it's charm for me and I must look for a replacement. Even so, these series find me unexpectedly and are very different from one another too. 

Essential for a drama to be worth my time to watch: interesting plot, no weird tags, nice acting. I'd say since I can't evaluate these things unless I see a couple episodes of a drama, that what attracts me towards a drama is the cover photo and tags. I rarely look at synopsis on MDL or elsewhere tbh.

Esential for a drama to be worth my time to re-watch (over & over): that depends on whether I gave it a 10 or not (though 2 of the series on my list are 9s lol). Usually I don't give out 10s easily, but at the same time, there are 10s in my list I will most likely never re-watch. Watched once, liked it and then never got into it ever again. I don't know why, it's just with re-watching there's a certain feeling like I'm wasting my time as I already know everything this series has to offer, you know?

The list I linked to above could change as time passes. Maybe I won't like those series very much or at all as I re-watch them multiple times. I guess what it takes for a series/movie to be re-watchable multiple times by me is for it to be really short. I think Utsukushii Kare and The Novelist aren't really that short and might be removed in the future from my list. /shrugs

Emrys:
I have a huge ptw list (over 850 titles)

I havent counted my ptw list, but do you ever continue to look for something to watch (I randomly click on shows) and forget that you have this list? Because I do LOL

p43425:
I see that Netflix now has yesterday's "Reunion" of "The Boyfriend" with good subtitles:

Thank you I've been trying to find it since it's on social media

August  5. What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch? Or re-watch, over & over 

pretty much what emrys said , chemistry , LGBTQ+ and my moods lol

August BL Challenge - Questions

Day: 1

˚₊‧꒰ა Day 2 ໒꒱ ‧
⤷ Username/Profile Picture

My username is Simi Tutu, a mix of my nickname and my love of fashion. Simi originates from my favorite book series, The Dark-Hunters by Sherrilyn McQueen. She serves as the guardian demon of an 11,000-year-old God. She enjoys dressing in gothic attire, has a fondness for watching QVC, and is often seen carrying a bottle of barbecue sauce for dipping, especially after dealing with her enemies, individuals who threaten her loved ones. Due to her slow aging process, Simi possesses a childlike mindset despite being thousands of years old.

During middle school, my friends started calling me Simi, which has since become my preferred name. I chose it because it was my nickname. After all, numerous employees shared my real name. It's amusing how many unintentional emails I receive that aren't meant for me. Haha

The word "Tutu" signifies my fondness for fashion, specifically the use of tutus during my middle and high school years, when I used to follow the Scene fashion trend. During my early 20s, my style leaned towards CyberGoth, and currently, in my 30s, it's a fusion of Fetish CyberGoth and 80s Deathrock Fashion. I'm in the process of growing out my Deathhawk. It has been quite an interesting hair journey, LOL! And yes, I still have my tutus!

⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆⋆⟡⋆

My profile gif is of HYE, the lead singer of the Bangkok-based rock band Paper Planes. All of their songs are great, but I believe most of you are familiar with the track "Bad Boy," featured in the drama Last Twilight and performed by Mhok and Day in the car. The specific gif is of his live performance on January 4 on the Thai music program "T-Pop Stage Show," which airs every Saturday.

I'm mesmerized by HYE's attractiveness. He fits my ideal type with his tattoos, earrings, and voice—he's flawless. Every time I see him, I can't help but smile. He also has an endearing husky named Charlie, and watching them play together is adorable.

Out of context,  I love how this man screams. Take that how you will

August Challenge Day 5 ~

What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch and rewatch?

CHARACTER ~ I'm a very immersive,  character driven person. I treat a show/movie in the similar vein I would treat a book. I have to be attached to the character first and this is usually a combination of personality, attitude and overall aesthetic. I have to be able to visualise them in my mind beyond the actor's face. That's how I create emotional attachments to fictional characters. I either have to see the character within myself or as someone I would like in my life. I have to feel like I can walk beside this character and experience the journey with them. I can overlook the plot holes if I feel attached to the character. 

I find myself most often enjoying the 'hero' type as well as  feisty, intelligent, badass, freedom loving and funny. 

Fun Fact ~ When I was little I used to do this with the villains for some reason and then cry when they died LOL

ACTOR ~ As a visual extension of the character, the actor is important to me. I was a drama and arts kid which is probably why I'm so character driven.  It's in the same way that I feel out the character, only with the actor. And for this I often to look to the eyes. When someone can speak with their eyes, and in this case if the actor can portray this for the character, then I'm usually hooked. Extra points if they can reach deep and express to me more intense feelings than what I may be feeling watching them. E.g I'm feeling sad for a character and the actor hits me with a face that makes me feel sad, heartbreak, tormented, confused, angry etc 

**I'm also not a crier at shows, so if an actor can pull a tear out of me then it's a gold star for them <3

REWATCH~ I would have to consider it a favourite to rewatch it and that can be a combination of things, the characters, the over all plot, the music and the aesthetic, as well as any favourite moments. I will happily rewatch shows, even put them on the background while I do other things. 

RXinw:
Well not really looking back. I just hated being put into a box; being limited to a specific personality and ostracized for it. On the bright side at least I was not physically bullied and things were said behind my back and not to my face because well....never-mind story for another time. Maybe if the right challenge question pops up I will give you the real tea on that hehe.

Oh ok, it's good that you weren't physically hurt :)

RXinw:
"I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy
To hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts"

OnyxTheHedgehog:

Ngl that made me blush lol XD

RXinw:
I am a naughty time. lol

U sure r

American Fan:

Guess what tomorrow is!!!

BATTLE OF THE WRITERS  EP 2 !!

WOOT!!

Yesss! And Summer Night too- can't wait to see Phuwin and Dunk XD (I'm watching their live rn even though I don't understand a single word lmao)

Day 5. What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch? Or re-watch... over & over, lol. Pure enjoyment I get from the series, or if it's a complicated one, I re-watch to make sure I didn't miss anything. I am more engaged if the leads have great chemistry and the plot doesn't go into too many tangents.

GelfyFaeth222:

I havent counted my ptw list, but do you ever continue to look for something to watch (I randomly click on shows) and forget that you have this list? Because I do LOL

No, I don't forget about it because it's so huge, but at the same time I consciously ignore it when I want to  watch something else that's not on it. I also keep adding to it quite regularly, so it's probably never going to dwindle in numbers lol