Seeing some great choices for 2024's Best BL Drama! 

I'm not awake enough to post my answer yet. I stayed up late last night catching up with Century of Love. I got to EP 5 and I'm wondering if I like this series enough to continue.

Is anyone still watching this series and what do you think so far?

p43425:
Tough choice. But my winner (based on visceral feelings rather than any sort of rational rating scheme) is: "Takara no Vidro" (sorry, American Fan, don't hit me!).

No hitting allowed here, so no worries. But I might throw a rotten tomato or two your way. After I'm fully awake. :-)  :-)

p43425:

Yeah, "Secret Crush" was cringy, and I can totally understand those who didn't like it - but I loved it.

It was meant to be cringy. I don't usually care for second hand embarrassment, but it worked on this show. I thoroughly enjoyed SCOY and the MLs' mutual crushes. Too cute.

American Fan:

(re "Century of Love") I'm current on it, waiting for the final two episodes today and tomorrow, and so far I love it. (Disclaimer: I'm in love with Offroad's smile, so I'm not sure I'm entirely objective.)

American Fan:
No hitting allowed here, so no worries.

Actually, I kinda like bossy girls, so on second thought, feel free to hit me.

p43425:
So, I watched the newly released first two episodes of "Cosmetic Playlover" on Gagaoolala. Watchable with cute protagonists, and production quality is alright, but the story doesn't do much for me.

Oh that's sad, I'll give it a watch anyway to see if I like it. Contrary to what it might seem I do have some JBLs I deeply dislike lol

On that note I watched the first episode of Sugar Dog Life (I had to go to those dodgy sites because there is currently no international release), and I think I like it? It feels like it's going to be a cute watch with a typical tsundere character. 

On the other hand, I checked out the manga and it's only 6 chapters, and the first episode already covered 1.5 chapters, so I'm a little confused on how we're getting 10 episodes out of that. In this case they might have been better of with 6 or 8. 

Has anyone started on "Blue Canvas of Youthful Days" (first four episodes now on iQiyi)? It's labeled as "BL" but is from Mainland China, so presumably not steamy or snoggy - but that's alright for me, if it's good.

p43425:

Has anyone started on "Blue Canvas of Youthful Days" (first four episodes now on iQiyi)? It's labeled as "BL" but is from Mainland China, so presumably not steamy or snoggy - but that's alright for me, if it's good.

Nope, did not start it but that cover photo makes me want to watch it. Might be censored, but Chinese story lines more than make up for the no snogging part lol

axdxex:
I truly believe this is the better adaption of the manga

I second this

Day 6. Pick your NUMBER ONE BL drama for 2024 so far! If you could give an award, who's the winner?

I haven't watched much bl's this year, so imma just say Love for Love's Sake

p43425:
(re "Century of Love") I'm current on it, waiting for the final two episodes today and tomorrow, and so far I love it.

I was feeling generally okay with this story until Wee/Vee made an about face and decided to become a thief, (trying to steal the stone) after all his protests to San that he wasn't like that. 

p43425:
Actually, I kinda like bossy girls, so on second thought, feel free to hit me.

I can be bossy, but not violent, haha. 

I've been working on cleaning up my current watch list cuz it's overwhelming me rn. I have only one J-drama left on the list, Hidamari ga Kikoeru, to catch up on and decide if I like it enough. I've only seen the first two eps. I love the story itself though.

Next I'm gonna work on my Hold List.  :-(

I went to the one dodgy site I use and neither Sugar Dog Life nor Blue Canvas of Youthful Days is posted yet. But I see Comestic Playlover is there. I don't have Gaga or iQ atm. 

P.S.

I'm still planning on rewatching HIStory 3: Trapped!! I'm thinking of starting Sept.1, a weekend day. For those of you still interested does that sound like a good start date?

Today is Jamaica's Independence Day so music is blasting throughout the country and it is a national holiday so I have no work yayyyyy. (My waistline may have gotten into action when one particular song drifted through my room window lol)

August BL Group Challenge - Day 6 - Pick Your Number ONE BL for 2024 so far! If you could give an award, who is the winner?

Having read the answers so far, in the words of Blanche from Golden Girls, I am stunned, just stunned, stunned does not even begin to describe just how...stunned I am. I thought for sure I would come here and see a certain BL as an almost unanimous pick, that I would just need to quote someone. I have only seen about two people so far who have picked or mentioned it. Anyways we are a diverse bunch and that is what makes us special! Without further ado:

The #1 BL released and completed for 2024 so far is.......NOPE. Let me start with the second runner up lol.

The Second Runner Up is *drum roll*..................Love for Love's Sake - Aired in January

The First Runner Up is *drum roll*................The Boyfriend - Aired in July

The #1 BL released and completed for 2024 so far is *Trumpets*...........Unknown the series

N/B) This is subject to change as I have not watched My Stand-In yet so depending on how that goes I might come back here announcing an amendment.

In regards to currently airing series I would have to say that the number 1 series for me is:

Second Runner Up.........Century of Love

First Runner Up............4Minutes (Sultrier Version)

#1 currently airing BL...................Meet You at the Blossom

I must admit that there is a currently airing BL that already has a 10 from me but I am holding off until the finale lol.

Day 6. Pick your NUMBER ONE BL drama for 2024 so far! If you could give an award, who's the winner? So many good choices so far this year. The ones that stood out to me were Love for Love's Sake,  Unknown, My Stand-In: Uncut plus the currently airing Takara no Vidro. My pick is Takara no Vidro for Taishin's pureness and innocence which is endearing to me, and for Takara's hidden kindness and quick, secret smiles. 

American Fan:

I am loving it so far. Wee did get on my nerves though with, well let me not spoil it.

angeliviki2022:
My pick is Takara no Vidro for Taishin's pureness and innocence which is endearing to me

Ah yes, that's something I forgot on my earlier post: In addition to the "country mouse" types, I also have a special place in my heart for the "pure boy" types (e.g. Amagi-kun).

RXinw:
My waistline may have gotten into action when one particular song drifted through my room window

You little flirt you!  Anyways, Happy Jamaican Independence Day!

American Fan:
I don't have Gaga or iQ atm.

This would be unthinkable to me. Of the currently and recently airing BLs I've been watching, the great majority have been on Gaga (mostly exclusive), with iQiyi in second place. While Viki is still the best platform technically, their new BLs have really dried up in the past year or two. I'm still waiting on "Sugar Dog Life" in the hopes that Gaga gets the international release, as it does on many JBLs. Same for "Zettai BL 2024" (i.e. third season of "A Man Who Defies The World of BL").

RXinw:
Having read the answers so far, in the words of Blanche from Golden Girls, I am stunned, just stunned, stunned does not even begin to describe just how...stunned I am. I thought for sure I would come here and see a certain BL as an almost unanimous pick, that I would just need to quote someone. I have only seen about two people so far who have picked or mentioned it.

I'm sorry, I guess? lol but I'll add Unknown to ptw list lol 

GelfyFaeth222:
I'm sorry, I guess? lol but I'll add Unknown to ptw list lol

It's on my PTW list but I haven't gotten to it because I know I'm going to cry lol