p43425:
In addition to the "country mouse" types, I also have a special place in my heart for the "pure boy" types (

I like those types too, just not the J-version so much. 

My experience with iQ hadn't been so great when I had a sub. Couldn't figure out if it was me (operator error) or cuz I'm in the states, but I couldn't get english subs for some of the shows that stated they had subs. I finally had enough when they auto charged me even though I clearly had my setting on NOT auto subscribing monthly. I never sign up for auto charges with anyone, unless I'm forced into it and I have to have the service.  Not willing to give them another chance anytime soon. 

axdxex:

It's on my PTW list but I haven't gotten to it because I know I'm going to cry lol

oh no, it's one of those shows is it?  *LOL Nevermind, American Fan answered the question

axdxex:
It's on my PTW list but I haven't gotten to it because I know I'm going to cry lol

RE: Unknown - I actually did cry a tear or two, in the very beginning, but after that it's not too bad overall in the crying dept. I think...if remember right... 

I'm dragging my feet on answering today's question, however I made a list of nominees for best BL and Unknown is on it. 

Updates:

Source: X

Addicted Heroin The Series Trailer

American Fan:
I finally had enough when they auto charged me even though I clearly had my setting on NOT auto subscribing monthly.

This is one of several reasons that I use individual virtual credit card numbers unless I have full confidence in the provider: I can just kill the number. No charge possible.

Subscribed to DaiShun YT channel! One of my fav pastimes is watching YT vids, specially when I can't sleep.

p43425:

This is one of several reasons that I use virtual credit card numbers unless I have full confidence: I can just kill the number. No charge possible.

Oh, I never thought of that. I only have one charge card, but I should def look into it. Thanks for the tip!

Re: Addicted Heroin the series Thai remake

I love the story shown in the trailer and I look forward to watching it but this is not Addicted Heroin. This seems like a loosely based series off it, like inspired by it. It seems to have lost its authenticity as if it has been Thailandised (is that even a word). For example with Cherry Magic the remake was done so well because the original story shined through while it still possessed some Thai uniqueness. However based on the Addicted trailer it seems as if they just threw in some well known scenes from the book. If they had not claimed it being an adaptation I would love the story I just saw in the trailer. Having read more than half of book 1 and watched the original and based on the reviews of the bromance version (this may sound biased) it is not the same thing to remake a J-BL and a Chinese BL. To me when it comes to BL China has superior writing, it is complex, intriguing, unique and nuanced. I highly doubt that Thailand will be able to remake any Chinese BL and get it just right at least to me; very biased, I know. Anyways I will be watching because what I saw on screen is a BL I would love as its own individual story separate from the original work they are claiming to have remade. 

p43425:
You little flirt you!  Anyways, Happy Jamaican Independence Day!

Me? A flirt, I am so innocent. LOL thank you

GelfyFaeth222:
I'm sorry, I guess? lol but I'll add Unknown to ptw list lol

I support this decision lol

Finished EP 1 of Manner of Death today! It's been on my ptw for so long, so we'll see how this goes. This is my 1st show with Max and Tul. Have to say that I can't stop looking at Max though.. He's sooo gorgeous!!!

RXinw:
Today is Jamaica's Independence Day so music is blasting throughout the country

Happy Independence Day!!

Day 6. Pick your NUMBER ONE BL drama for 2024 so far! If you could give an award, who's the winner? 

I think I've been  pretty clear that I am a Taiwanese BL fan above all else, so with that said, for a true BL -- it's going to hands down be Unknown. Absolutely beautiful storyline, amazing acting, side characters worth investing in... just perfect imho.

Favorite non-Asian BL of 2024 that I keep mentioning is Young Royals.

Favorite currently airing that I hope will make an all-time favorite if it keeps trending correctly - 4minutes. 

sjay:
Finished EP 1 of Manner of Death today! It's been on my ptw for so long, so we'll see how this goes. This is my 1st show with Max and Tul. Have to say that I can't stop looking at Max though.. He's sooo gorgeous!!!

I really enjoy them. I have to watch Manner of Death soon, but I am waiting to finish other series before I get the subscription to watch it. It's their last drama together so a bit bittersweet, but their chemistry has historically been fabulous.

AUGUST CHALLENGE - Day 6 - NUMBER ONE BL Drama for 2024  

This is prob one of the hardest questions of the whole challenge :-(

My completed list has 11 BL titles for 2024 and that I rated an 8/9. I have no 10 rated BL's for 2024 yet. I'm not including The Boyfriend cuz it's reality TV, but I did give it a 10.

The 11 titles are:

1. 25 ji, Akasaka de - 9
  2. Anti Reset - 8
  3. Boys Be Brave - 9
  4. Jazz For Two - 9
  5. Kare no Iru Seikatsu - 8
  6. Love For Love's Sake - 9
  7. My Stand-In - 8
  8. Only Boo! - 8
  9. Perfect Propose - 8
  10. Unknown - 9
  11. We Are - 9

I didn't answer yesterday's challenge question, but if I did I would say that I'm highly drawn to comedy (done right) and quirkiness. Maybe not an absolute essential need, but close!

I'm also very attracted to adrenaline producing action and suspense stories.

And who doesn't love a well-made emotional family type story?

Ok, I've picked 3 titles. *sigh*

I'm putting my top three picks in a basket and closing my eyes to choose, or I'll never get it done. 

Top 3 are:

1. Boys Be Brave
  2. Unknown
  3. We Are

I'm doing it right now...shaking the basket... and the winner in order:

1. Boy's Be Brave - (I think I was secretly hoping it would be this one!)
  2. We Are - 1st runner up
  3. Unknown - 2nd runner up

Boy's Be Brave - I fell head over heels for Ki Sub. His cute-as-can-be looks and his funny, goofy and quirky character was the center of the show for me. I loved how the storyline wasn't quite predictable. That's a huge plus.

We Are - I still have warm feelings every time I think about the friendly gang in this series. And even warmer feelings when it comes to Phuwin. I would not have guessed We Are would be in my top picks, as I remember feeling frustrated with it at one point, especially toward someone who will remain nameless.

Unknown - One of the deeper and more emotional series of this year, so far. A very well made drama in every way. I like emotional but it also stresses me out. 

If I have to pick btw a light rom/com or a serious emotional drama, eight out of ten times it'll be the rom/com. Laughing and receiving joy from a drama is everything I need and want. 

Is anyone watching the Chinese BL Blue Canvas of Youthful Days ? It's uncensored because it's being released on an international platform outside China. 

2004 is giving me so many Cinnamon Roll characters with disabilities, and I am eating it up!

Liu Mingyang x Tan Yin are going to be the death of me! JUST LOOK AT THEM

I took a shot of something and my throat has finally stopped burning lol

Gameboys season 1- Final Rating and Comments

Production - 2/2

Writing - 1.5/2

Acting - 2/2

Intimacy - 2/2

Music - 0/1

Special 10 scene - 0/1

Total Rating score = 7.5

With this being set in the pandemic period I love how creative they were to have the whole story unfold between the characters via video calls while still delivering a compelling story and still establish a lovely level of intimacy between the couple. The fact that they did not get to physical touch until the end made their first kiss even more special and beautiful. It was a lovely watch. I look forward to the movie, season 2 and the next installment of their story that apparently takes place in New York.