hello! im new to this and have never posted in an MDL forum before, but i am a huge fan of soundtracks/OSTs and i think they embellish a show.

I have a lot of fav drama soundtracks tbh but i'll add the ones i thought of atm of writing my post (i'll add my fav of each drama):

- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016): https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtEINgbJVeYu3zMAHKxGzp8Zha6W2-h4r (literally cannot pick a fav so here is a playlist of all of the OSTs of this drama)

- Healer (2014): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5OLLmc8xk (Ben - You ; listening to this brings back so many memories)

- Angel's Last Mission: Love (2019): L(엘) _ The Nights That I Miss You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCjtm1x0kLw (sang by the ML, his voice is just dreamy)

- Hotel del Luna (2019): 헤이즈 (Heize) - 내 맘을 볼수 있나요 (Can You See My Heart) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g76fnpvt4l4 (sad the song is just sad)

- Sweet Home (2020): YONGZOO (용주) - Sweet Home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa4AxdFoF8I (this song makes me feel so calm)

- Kill Me, Heal Me (2015): [킬미힐미] 01 Jang Jae In & Nashow - Auditory Hallucination 환청 https://youtu.be/MR8bLb1-4sU (omg if u have watched kill me heal me u will know how hard this song goes with the scenes)

- Hit the Top (2017): 김민재 (Kim Min Jae) & 윤하 (Younha) - 꿈은 (Dream) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQU9m2-kkJM (this song is literally its title: abt following dreams and the lyrics are top tiers)

Sorry i have a lot of favs ahaha also as u can see i listen to all genres hehe i hope you enjoyed these and i hope to talk to you more abt OSTs!

Hello! Welcome (and welcome to everyone I missed!) The home post has now been updated to look nicer and includes everyone's names :D If you're name changes feel free to let me know here or through DM.

fazola:
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

You've gotten me to relisten to this soundtrack so thanks for that ^_^

Mushroom_:
 My Love Mix-Up! - Secret Touch

omg I was so surprised when I watched this and saw Ida from Kieta Hatsukoi. Sometimes i forget that idol actors and actually idols 😅 How cool!

fiflydramalover:

Hello! Welcome (and welcome to everyone I missed!) The home post has now been updated to look nicer and includes everyone's names :D If you're name changes feel free to let me know here or through DM.

You've gotten me to relisten to this soundtrack so thanks for that ^_^

omg I was so surprised when I watched this and saw Ida from Kieta Hatsukoi. Sometimes i forget that idol actors and actually idols 😅 How cool! 

thank you! i'll make sure to check it out and im always happy to share soundtracks :))

I should have thought to do this earlier but!!!! Question time~

🎉❄️🎉

What do you think was the best soundtrack/OST song from last year?
(If you didn't watch any 2022 titles, feel free to mention an older title you watched last year)
Feel free to let us know what you love about the music or title.

fiflydramalover:

I should have thought to do this earlier but!!!! Question time~

?❄️?

(If you didn't watch any 2022 titles, feel free to mention an older title you watched last year)
Feel free to let us know what you love about the music or title.

that's challenging, I have some tracks from last year to organize. brb and I'll make a new reply here with a table setting haha

MY PERSONAL FAVE KDRAMA OST TRACKS 2022

(in chronological accordance timeline, with music platform links)
best display on desktop, dark mode

Through The Darkness OST
Spotify / YouTube
Lullaby
Nerd Connection
Can't Run Away
Isaac Hong
Through the Darkness
Ant (Gaemi), Park Junghwan

The King of Pigs OST
Spotify / YouTube
Miserere
Ha Hyungwoo of Guckkasten
Flower
Jeongmilla
The Old Man's Theme: Fishing
P-TYPE & CHOILB 
Opportunity for Repentance
Jun Sejin
Die in Solitude
Kim Jiae
Remnants of Violence
Jun Sejin

Military Prosecutor Doberman OST
Spotify / YouTube
Dive In
Isaac Hong
Doberman
Ha Hyungwoo of Guckkasten
My Zone
SAAY

My Liberation Notes OST
Spotify / YouTube
I love this OST album. My everything ngl
Deeply
HEN
Kind of Confession
(Male Ver.)
Kwak Jineon
To Be Together
Lee Junhyung

Monstrous OST
The Sea Doesn't Get Wet
in the Rain
Tiger JK 
Empty-handed
Kim Suyoung
Incantation
Kim Dongwook

ADAMAS OST
Beat of My Heart
Elodie Wave
NEED YOU!
Charlie Bean Works
By Your Side
Ha Hyunsang

Big Mouth OST
Brand New
JUSTHIS

Blind OST
Sweet Dream
Park Junghwan, Shoon

May It Please the Court OST
Silver Lining
CALi
Complicated
I'll
Veil
YELO

Yonder OST

No OST compilation album provided TT ^ TT

I'll Be Fine with You
Zitten
DIVER
Sondia
Beyond Sadness
Yi Sungyol

Reborn Rich OST
GRAVITY
Jongho of ATEEZ
In The End
Kim Woojin
Reversed Life
Jeon Changyeop, Hwang Jungwon

Weak Hero: Class 1 OST
Spotify / YouTube
Hero (prod. by Primary)
Meego
Homesick (prod. by Primary)
Benzamin
Again
HAN

Recipe for Farewell OST
Far Away - Jeongmilla EP
Nights - Solo Ver. -Far AwayFarewell

Connect OST
Spotify / YouTube
MY NOISE (lo-fi Ver.)
YDG
MY NOISE (Busking Ver.)
Ha Beomseok
MY NOISE (City Ver.)
sunwoojunga

Big Bet OST
Give Me the Power
Yoon Ilsang
Inspector Oh's Rumors
Yoon Ilsang, Kim Seunghyun
Reason for Life (Lite Ver.)
Yoon Ilsang

I'm sorry for the long-ass list, hope y'all like it lulz
fuck the table format

fiflydramalover:

They might not be the best for everyone, but they are the best for me as I have them on repeat mode :') They're mostly Chinese songs as Cdramas have dominated my life...

Drama Title
OST
  • Tbh, all the songs from the OST are on my playlist coz every single song rocks my boat ^^'
  • This is the entire list on youtube, but if I wanna pick which is my absolute love, I have to say it's Gu Zhu by Tan Weiwei. It's the saddest piece in the list T__T
  • Who can forget the ending song, Subtitle by Official Higedism?? Beautiful song to a beautiful drama~

After compiling this list, I realise that my choices are all quite... depressing ^^' I think it's because I mostly watch costumed Cdramas, hence their OST are more mellow and sadder~ 

I think these would be my favourites (I didn't watch many 2022 dramas though): 

- Wild Soul, from Win The Future

- Most of the OST from New Life Begins, including the background music (I think my favourite is Liu Yunning's song): 

- Don't Worry, from She and Her Perfect Husband (this song turned out to be deeper than the drama imo)

If we count The Blood of Youth as a 2022 drama, too, it would probably top them all, especially the Ending Credits OST

Oh wow, this forum is great, I first fell in love with OSTs before I ever made it to k-pop...

So let me just go quickly have a look at home page post for this and see if any rules... This is the first club I'm joining =)

Hi, so I'm a huge fan of OSTs, used to fall in love with so many of them and follow up and listen to them a lot before, it kinda reduced recently, but some drama would suddenly come out of nowhere unexpectedly have a whole awesome album that I feel like it's not reduced at all lol..

Top 3 tracks - oww, so difficult to choose. But to find a way around it.. pretty similar to my drama journey itself in a way.. and make that 4, pretty please!!!

1. Descendants of the Sun OST album - Always by Yoon Mirae was one of the first soundtracks to catch my attention firmly enough to follow up and listen to it later on, Talk Love by K. Will from this list was also such a favourite of mine for awhile, basically I listened to this album a lot in the beginning.

2. From Now On by Vincent Blue from Weightlifting Fairy OST album (this album itself is so good, I love all songs here, just what you need to give you a lift up) - I was so caught by the voice and song, so then obviously listened to Thumping by him in She was Pretty and like that too.

3. Goblin - most number of songs, epic songs, fav songs from a single drama OST album - right here!

4. This is technically not 4 - The Untamed as always stands apart in every way. WangXian - no words. When I first heard it in the drama along with that scene in the cave with the flashback, I had to pause and go back over and over before finally moving on.. to the next ep - not from the drama. And while struggling with withdrawals from this show, I learned that there were OSTs, for each character - I immediately went and listened to each of them, starting from Wei Ying and Lan Zhan by the time I came to Wen Ning, I was just a huge puddle of tears.. ahem.

Yup, that's from me for now! Happy to be a part of this club!!!

@fazola - agree on Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo - that's a duh when it comes to kdramaland soundtracks.. 

My Top 3 from 2022

Scars leave beautiful traceCar, the garden. 
from - Alchemy of Souls

Find you - Liu Yuning
from - Love between fairy and devil

My secret, My everything - Sondia, Vincent Blue
from - Sh**ting Stars 

this is sooo hard, but I tried - sorry in advance for the onslaught of table format

My personal favorite OST tracks of 2022
DramaTrack

The entire instrumental track list of this OST are just golden and suits the drama absolutely perfectly, but these two are just *chefs kiss*

The songwriters also managed to do something incredible with this soundtrack by using the same song, the ending song, and made a version for every possible scenario. Cementing the song for the public and playing with our hearts in every possible emotion, I'm talking "lovely mood", "sad mood", "suspence", "heroic mood" etc etc. Brilliant if I may say so myself.

• How You Feel by NuNew (the acting NuNew also did while perfoming this in the series was superb)
  • First Date by Ton Thanasit (ต้น ธนษิต)
  • I Feel Your Love by Amp Achariya, Aek Sudkhate (the ones who have seen the show probably knows why I love it, and I leave it like that hahha)
  • Red Light by J.DON (again, just such a good song and despite it's upbeat-ness it perfectly captures the show)

This drama also had one of the greatest opening titles.

The show. The ost. The cast. The storyline. Everything is great about this show. More like it should be made.

• Shooting Star by Nam Woo-hyun (such a fun and upbeat song that fits the feel of the series. You're my shooting star! <3)
  • How I Feel by Kim Jae Hwan (just a really good song, not even for a soundtrack but overall) 

The songs fits the couples just soooo well

The drama was pretty meh but I absolutely love this song

My all time favorite OST tracks that I come back to, time and time again
  • Can You Hear My Heart by Epik High, LeeHi (despite the iffiness of a modern song in a historial drama this song just plays all my heartstrings right)
  • Will Be Back by Sunhae Im
  • For You by CHEN, BAEKHYUN, XIUMIN. Also, as a bonus, here you have Lee Joon Gi singing the same song at Asia Tour 2017.
  • Stay With Me by CHANYEOL, Punch (I haven't finished the show but my god this track is so good)
  • Feel You by Shin Yong Jae (this song, this drama, I still have so many feels)
The entire soundtrack of this movie is just heaven, what more can it be when it's Chanyeol singing everywhere

This entire soundtrack list is just *chefs kiss*

Getsunova ftw seriously!

My top tracks of 2022 is soo easy.

Almost the entire OST album of Love Between Fairy and Devil took me on a roll. Asking me to choose one or even 3 among them is impossible.

First started off on Find you by Liu Yuining

Remaining love by Zhou Shen (just now finding this amazing artist and realising most of the few Chinese OSTs I know and like are by him, crazy)

Like I said this is probably the only music I've between listening to so diligently for the past few months...

Of course I love Farewell love by Faye, The Other Side, I still Remember that day, With you, Losing memory...

Currently going crazy on Belief by Shuasheng 

The only one i don't love a lot in this album is the track Cang lan oath...

Goodness you guys have great tastes! I need to join in the fun! 

It's "Cutting Off Love" by Faye from LBFAD and "Scars Leave Beautiful Trace" by Car, the Garden from AOS that made 2022 better for me!! I know mine's not unique but I bet no one can deny they're one of the best from last year! 

What made these two OSTs the best for me was not just the lyrics or the overall tone. The scenes where these songs were introduced in their respective dramas made a great impact in me too.

I actually fell in love more with "Cutting Off Love" because of this beautiful and creative Intro/Music Video. ❤️ This MV was what also made me hooked to watch LBFAD cause it also reminded me of the Intro from ALP. I remember the first time I saw this, I was like "Damn are those snippets of some future spoilers but in Animation form?!!!?" lol : (1 minute Vid Below)

On the other hand, I was so addicted with Scars Leave Beautiful Traces that it even made it to my Top1 on Spotify according to Spotify Wrap. So what started the obsession for this OST? This Teaser Vid for AOS Ep2 haha : (16 seconds Vid Below)

Gotta add another Animation MV(I'm obsessed with them, need more dramas to do this) . Thisone is from Ancient Love Poetry Intro/ MV for "Penannular Love" by Zhou Shen. Ofcourse, this OST was also on loop for me in 2022! : (2 minutes Vid Below)

Damn after sharing, how I wish to go back in time to listen to these OSTs for the first time again...  :'<