mermysteries:
Fern Jeerawan, who played the role of Pipim from Be Mine, has left the project. a recast announcement should come soon, but this will delay the production. filming should start around august/september, but it will very likely be delayed. 

That is sad news indeed. But alas, sometimes you can't slot away that much time for a production.

It might not result in a delay though. For one, depending on how the stories are framed and set against each other, her character might not be needed for that first part. But also, several of the actresses that will be lining up for the recast have probably already went through the original casting. And recasting 1 role is easier than casting all of them. So keep your head up. Let's not make too many sad assumptions yet.

AthenaTheStorierX:

NEW GL ALERT

Club Friday 15: Moments and Memories
Airs: July 9th via One31 and Viu (no news on subbers or further international release, but not uncommon for this franchise so keep an eye out)

As a "Club Friday" title, you can expect lots of drama. However, you should not need to watch ANY of the other titles to watch this one. But... it might be of interest to check out some of them, as this is definitely not the first Club Friday special to cover sapphic leads/characters/storylines.

This is now available on YouTube with English Subs!

AthenaTheStorierX:

That is sad news indeed. But alas, sometimes you can't slot away that much time for a production.

It might not result in a delay though. For one, depending on how the stories are framed and set against each other, her character might not be needed for that first part. But also, several of the actresses that will be lining up for the recast have probably already went through the original casting. And recasting 1 role is easier than casting all of them. So keep your head up. Let's not make too many sad assumptions yet.

good point!! sorry for the pessimism. i really hope production will be able to continue smoothly! i know the show will be great anyway!

mermysteries:
everyone, i bring sad news

Fern Jeerawan, who played the role of Pipim from Be Mine, has left the project.

Ahh, that is bad news indeed. I liked her from the first casting. :/

Now how could y'all not tell me there's another gif of these 2 floating around? Tsk tsk.

Okay, it may not have been the Bow x Village Girl pairing that they seemed to be hinting at (though I will stubbornly still believe that the village girl liked Bow), we did indeed get a sapphic couple from La Pluie!

Gah! I need them together in another drama ASAP. They're so cute! And I adore how straighforward one of them was about it ^-^ (I'll avoid posting clearer pictures, because they could be considered spoilers from some of yall. But I did make a post with one of their scenes on my profile, and non-subbed pictures are up on the drama's page)

AthenaTheStorierX:

Okay, it may not have been the Bow x Village Girl pairing that they seemed to be hinting at (though I will stubbornly still believe that the village girl liked Bow), we did indeed get a sapphic couple from La Pluie!

Gah! I need them together in another drama ASAP. They're so cute! And I adore how straighforward one of them was about it ^-^ (I'll avoid posting clearer pictures, because they could be considered spoilers from some of yall. But I did make a post with one of their scenes on my profile, and non-subbed pictures are up on the drama's page)

The last three episodes of this show were a mess but I managed to finish the drama for them! Best part of the entire story imho and I'm not just saying that as a GL fan.

zeesqueere:
The last three episodes of this show were a mess but I managed to finish the drama for them! Best part of the entire story imho and I'm not just saying that as a GL fan.

The last few episodes deeply sadden me. This drama was an all time favorite until the end of that mountain arc. I kept waiting for it (and the plotholes) to fix itself, but it didnt. But there were a few highlights still.

And trust, you can totally be saying that just as a GL fan, we are most certainly not the club to judge you for that lmao.

AthenaTheStorierX:

The last few episodes deeply sadden me. This drama was an all time favorite until the end of that mountain arc. I kept waiting for it (and the plotholes) to fix itself, but it didnt. But there were a few highlights still.

And trust, you can totally be saying that just as a GL fan, we are most certainly not the club to judge you for that lmao.

Fair dues lol! I just feel like Tien and Patts both deserved better than Lomfon or Tai.

zeesqueere:
I just feel like

Valid. I just feel like they weren't fully in-character. Or that there wasn't enough build up to those conflicts. Also, Patt and Tai don't seem to really know each other or have much to talk about. They just kinda exist (adorably, don't get me wrong) beside each other. 

Meanwhile, Lomfon and Tien, even though i was 100% sold on their scenes together and I could see them working together. It didn't feel complete considering we don't know why Tien was so pettily against Lomfon. 

I feel like, since they intended to do a season 2 anyway, based on that credit scene, they couldve done better developing these relationships, and the character traits/insecurities that led them to do their stupid actions. I thought we were getting that actually, and i think they were initially trying to do so, but they wasted some of their screentime and then just threw the conflict at us, hoping we'd see where they were coming from. That they would still be sympathizable even though the conflicts came almost out of nowhere. 

AthenaTheStorierX:

omggg that's so cute!! and i have such a huge crush on orm... i hope she gets all the gl roles, love her

GMMTV made an announcement today that Gemini and Fourth will not be playing in 23.5 “due to changes in the storyline and characters.” So that rumor about an all GL story might actually be coming true *fingers crossed*

(But prepare for some pushback on social media and in the comment section. Just feel free to tell them that the same announcement said they’ll be featured together in a different upcoming drama)

AthenaTheStorierX:

GMMTV made an announcement today that Gemini and Fourth will not be playing in 23.5 “due to changes in the storyline and characters.” So that rumor about an all GL story might actually be coming true *fingers crossed*

(But prepare for some pushback on social media and in the comment section. Just feel free to tell them that the same announcement said they’ll be featured together in a different upcoming drama)

I'm honestly a bit worried because the trailer* was like, half GeminiFourth and now they're getting a completely different show instead. I thought that the whole point was GMMTV trying to court BL viewers to watch their first GL and if there isn't going to be a secondary couple with matching star power...

*obligatory "never trust a GMMTV trailer" here, yes I know

At least there hasn't been any cast update news for Only Friends (yet)! We will be getting a lesbian character in August from GMMTV no matter what.

zeesqueere:

I'm honestly a bit worried because the trailer* was like, half GeminiFourth and now they're getting a completely different show instead. I thought that the whole point was GMMTV trying to court BL viewers to watch their first GL and if there isn't going to be a secondary couple with matching star power...

*obligatory "never trust a GMMTV trailer" here, yes I know

It’s more dont trust a Thai Pilot Trailer. Theyre just meant to garner interest and sponsors. Test the waters with fans and investors. Usually the script isnt even finalized. They rarely even have any of the actual footage that will be used the drama filmed. So yea, if it reads “pilot,” it’s subject to a lot of change.

Honestly, i’m kind of wondering if GMMTV saw the want for a fully GL story. Especially with the significant number of upcoming BL dramas with GL support couples, the number of upcoming GLs with multiple GL couples, and the general disappointment with GAP that a lot of those supporting couples in the pilot/teasers never actually happened in the final product. GMMTV is probably trying to stay at the front of the pack in this new era.