mermysteries:
(don't worry, i liked mermy lol) i will try to post them on feeds, i'm just not sure it works yet

Pro tip: Click the "MyDramaList Global" button on the right before making your post. That way it's visible to everybody on feeds (as opposed to when you post while you're on "Home" - which is only visible to friends and followers, and still tends to get buried.

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

Athena, i cannot quote you but this! people can't seem to understand that secondary couples would seem just as "boring" as the mains seem to be, had they the same screentime because that's what happens when you watch a romance stretched to unnecessary episodes lol

I noticed the thing with Love is Science, it was as if people couldn't handle the bl side couple ;) being a side couple because "they deserved to be the main"

Istg if i see such arguments on 23.5, I'm going to lose my shit. I already see gemfourth fans being absolute twerks on twitter (look there, another rising bl fanclub with fans who have all too much time on their hands). And it happened on their own show! Fans who thought Gemini and fourth would've been better mains as they're a healthier relationship (moonlight chicken).

I just want to enjoy my gl and my bl in peace, engaging with fanwars is way too frustrating...

EXACTLY!!! side couples are side couples because that's what they're supposed to be. no need to make them the focus of the show. but i think that's specifically frustating in GL, because we have so few of them, and so many BL in comparison. so if someone wants to see a BL focused show, they have plenty to chose from.

it's much more fun to watch diverse shows, both GL and BL. anyone who refuses to watch either, is bound to miss out on so many good stories...

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
I just want to enjoy my gl and my bl in peace, engaging with fanwars is way too frustrating...

*Sigh* Same. I've been backing off of social media and drama watching because fan wars and thirsting was tiring me out too much.

mermysteries:
about 23.5, what bothers me is that many people will just show up for GemFourth. some don't give a crap about lesbian representation and just want to fetishize gay male relationships, which is really sad and disrespectful towards MilkLove and sapphic viewers who have waited for so long to see themselves represented in thai dramas. i really like GemFourth, and i think they will do a great job in 23.5, but the kind of viewers they are attracting can be pretty toxic.

Very very true. Like if GL isn't your thing, by all means. But don't trash it. Also, think about why you prefer BL over het or GL romances. There are a variety of reasons for such a preference, but there's a lot of viewers who have the most problematic reason(s).

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
Exactly! I now feel that we're actually-really-seriously going to get these, and soon too. I would cry if something happens to these franchise

I think the success and hype around GAP and FreenBecky (which is trending on Twitter even today, btw) successfully proved there's a demand. Plus, we're seeing lots more promo about these dramas than the cancelled/unaired ones from the past few years. So I feel pretty good about it.

AthenaTheStorierX:

Pro tip: Click the "MyDramaList Global" button on the right before making your post. That way it's visible to everybody on feeds (as opposed to when you post while you're on "Home" - which is only visible to friends and followers, and still tends to get buried.

oooh thanks!! i'm still learning how to use mdl

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

Exactly! I now feel that we're actually-really-seriously going to get these, and soon too. I would cry if something happens to these franchise

I WOULD CRY TOO they're so dear to me already

mermysteries:
it's much more fun to watch diverse shows, both GL and BL. anyone who refuses to watch either, is bound to miss out on so many good stories...

YES! There's so many untold stories that get to be explored in diverse stories. If people are tired of "the same old, same old" they should really open up their watchlist/reading list to diverse stories and communities.

mermysteries:
i wrote some more about it in the 23.5 comment section, if anyone is interested: https://mydramalist.com/732637-23-5-degree-the-world-incline#comment-12614371

PREACH!!

Not to you but in response to the comment section:

I don't know if it's appropriate to call the couple from Warp Effect a lesbian couple. One of them is nonbinary, and I dont recall them referring to their relationship as such. Lesbian/Sapphic-presenting maybe?

Have you watched Pearl Next Door yet?

Also, I got what you meant about first GMMTV GL, but I get where some people were confused too.

AthenaTheStorierX:

YES! There's so many untold stories that get to be explored in diverse stories. If people are tired of "the same old, same old" they should really open up their watchlist/reading list to diverse stories and communities.

totally!! i got into asian dramas because i loved gap so much. then, due to the lack of gl, i started watching bl too, and i'm so glad i did!! i discovered stories that are now so dear to me. 

mermysteries:

totally!! i got into asian dramas because i loved gap so much. then, due to the lack of gl, i started watching bl too, and i'm so glad i did!! i discovered stories that are now so dear to me. 

I've just always been on the look out for romance stories in general that weren't heavily sexualized. Queer stories especially, because I just always connected with them on a different level than het romances due to the obstacles and treatment they have to overcome.

And wow! So new!

AthenaTheStorierX:

I've just always been on the look out for romance stories in general that weren't heavily sexualized. Queer stories especially, because I just always connected with them on a different level than het romances due to the obstacles and treatment they have to overcome.

And wow! So new!

yes, i'm just getting started!! it's been an exciting jorney to discover this whole world of new media that i never explored before

mermysteries:

Also, can we appreciate how the majority of the upcoming GLs feature a mostly or entirely female cast?? I love this so much

Yes! I love it too.

Also, that first Be Mine poster is cute.

AthenaTheStorierX:

PREACH!!

Not to you but in response to the comment section:

I don't know if it's appropriate to call the couple from Warp Effect a lesbian couple. One of them is nonbinary, and I dont recall them referring to their relationship as such. Lesbian/Sapphic-presenting maybe?

Have you watched Pearl Next Door yet?

Also, I got what you meant about first GMMTV GL, but I get where some people were confused too.

A NON BINARY CHARACTER???? i will have to watch it RIGHT NOW thanks for the info

aaand i still have to watch pearl next door!! uni has been kicking my ass lately, but i will get to it too as soon as i can

mermysteries:
A NON BINARY CHARACTER???? i will have to watch it RIGHT NOW thanks for the info

In that case, I also recommend Napat

I have conflicted feelings about Warp Effect (here's my review), I feel like the writers didn't handle things with as much sensitivity as they should've had. It was very hard to rate. But yep! A major nonbinary character, a reoccurring trans character (that deviates from typical thai stereotype archetype), and a major gay character who is a side (kind of the opposite of a vers)(NOT an ace character, despite what some commenters are trying to claim).

Oh... so many new posts are here now and I am too tired to read them. I will do that later... 

Here is new episode of Be Mine: One Day With Us EP3: Poppy & Fai with eng subs:
https://youtu.be/ZAipW3P4Py4

kardasx:
Oh... so many new posts are here now and I am too tired to read them. I will do that later... 

Hehe. The forum blew up on you XD