mermysteries:
found family trope

Yes! Found family was/is a favorite of mine as well

mermysteries:
i read a lot of YA back then, books like The Mortal Instruments, The Raven Cycle, Six of Crows, all had found family and some queer characters (though mostly MLM, WLW was still kinda rare in mainstream YA unfortunately). but i did start to look for sapphic books more and more. I think the first sapphic book I found was Ask the Passengers

I didn't get to read many/any queer literature/book characters growing up. I wasn't really aware that existed in YA, especially with discreet covers and synopses so my mom or other family members would buy them for me. And I doubt my school library had any/many at the time, due to me living in such a Christian small town. It wasn't until college that I found books with queer characters, but schoolwork and life had bummed me out of reading by then, so i didnt read much outside of required readings. (this is pretty common. A lot of avid readers hit a long-term slump during college/uni, and it may take awhile to get back into reading afterwards). So most of my queer characters were TV, movies, short films, and fanfictions. Mostly what I could get my hands on free on the internet. My parents were (and still are) finnicky about how they react to queer characters in shows, so I didn't actively seek any out where I could be seen by them.

mermysteries:
we didn't get her exact age, but Sam was almost 30 and Nueng was older than Sam, so she was definitely in her early 30s. it's weird that they would change the character's age so much. would make more sense to just adapt another novel. but i guess we have to wait and see

Well it is presumably by a different studio. And theyre recasting the character. So GAP The Series and Blank The Series may not really connect in the dramas. So they still might age her down. (Which would also eliminate the other icky thing that I read about Blank: the youngest being the daughter of her school friend). 

lavenderxhaze:
I remember I used to read a lot of Cassandra Clare’s books because a lot of the characters were queer and I was barely able to find direct representation anywhere. I really connected and related with Alec personally.

I have tried to get into that series so many times just for the support characters (Alec, Magnus, Raphael, Isabelle, etc) but just can't get past Clary. I watched and loved the movie though. And am slowly but surely working my way through the show (though i've seen all the Malec scenes on social media, lol).

lavenderxhaze:
Even though I'm a girl. I felt different ever since I was young and I couldn't understood why I felt so left out until I got older.

Communities that feel different from the majority naturally find a bit of kinship in each other's experiences, even if the how we differ differs. I don't think it's weird at all that you connected to Alec despite being a different gender. I've had plenty of similar character connections. And I think it's great that we can connect and relate to each other despite these other differences.

lavenderxhaze:
This is why sapphic media is so important. I would have loved to have so much representation when I was younger. I'm so glad that times are changing and now we are getting more lesbian stories told across different types of media.

It's beautiful isn't it? The different ways that stories hold power in the real world?

lavenderxhaze:
I was also the same, I was a huge book reader when I was younger because I didn’t have cable/tv when I was growing up. I remember I used to read a lot of Cassandra Clare’s books because a lot of the characters were queer and I was barely able to find direct representation anywhere. I really connected and related with Alec personally. Even though I'm a girl. I felt different ever since I was young and I couldn't understood why I felt so left out until I got older. My family is religious so I didn't have anyone who was queer in my life to talk to. I would have crushes on other girls but I had no idea how to explain my feelings. This is why sapphic media is so important. I would have loved to have so much representation when I was younger. I'm so glad that times are changing and now we are getting more lesbian stories told across different types of media.

i think i started reading cassandra clare at 13. at the time it really was one of the most diverse book series... but now there's really so many more options! with a much wider range of identities represented. and that was only 10 years ago. gives me a lot of hope for the future!

AthenaTheStorierX:
Yes! Found family was/is a favorite of mine as well

to this day it's still my favorite!! always gets me

AthenaTheStorierX:
I didn't get to read many/any queer literature/book characters growing up. I wasn't really aware that existed in YA, especially with discreet covers and synopses so my mom or other family members would buy them for me. And I doubt my school library had any/many at the time, due to me living in such a Christian small town.

getting the books with the most discreet covers... definitely been there. it's much easier nowadays with ebooks!! 

AthenaTheStorierX:
It wasn't until college that I found books with queer characters, but schoolwork and life had bummed me out of reading by then, so i didnt read much outside of required readings. (this is pretty common. A lot of avid readers hit a long-term slump during college/uni, and it may take awhile to get back into reading afterwards).

that's exactly my situation rn. it's sad, but i do believe i will go back eventually! there are many im excited to read

AthenaTheStorierX:
Well it is presumably by a different studio. And theyre recasting the character. So GAP The Series and Blank The Series may not really connect in the dramas. So they still might age her down. (Which would also eliminate the other icky thing that I read about Blank: the youngest being the daughter of her school friend). 

yes, makes sense. but honestly i just hope they drop it, and maybe pick up a less weird story.

AthenaTheStorierX:
I have tried to get into that series so many times just for the support characters (Alec, Magnus, Raphael, Isabelle, etc) but just can't get past Clary. I watched and loved the movie though. And am slowly but surely working my way through the show (though i've seen all the Malec scenes on social media, lol).

to me, the worst part was definitely jace, i hated him so absurdly much. but i was very determined, read the whole Mortal Instruments series as well as The Infernal Devices! no idea how i did that. nowadays i can barely read a pamphlet

AthenaTheStorierX:
Communities that feel different from the majority naturally find a bit of kinship in each other's experiences, even if the how we differ differs. I don't think it's weird at all that you connected to Alec despite being a different gender. I've had plenty of similar character connections. And I think it's great that we can connect and relate to each other despite these other differences.

absolutely!! there are many similarities in diverse queer experiences. in the absence of lesbian characters, i definitely saw myself in gay characters as well.

AthenaTheStorierX:
Love Senior:

*happy pterodactyl noises*

So cute! Manaow is so confident and smooth! I could never! Ah, she and Gyoza are so adorable! 

Hopefully the fact that Prang is already here and obvious means that Warang's rude and jealous butt gets on somewhere sooner rather than later. She infuriates me already. Not just because she's getting in the way of our main CP, but because she's acting like some jilted lover. 

Several of the other sapphic girls are so cute too. I hope they all get happy endings. 

I know this is a GL, but I wonder if they will have Pure and Manaow's brother as a background/implied couple. Since they are an established and loved Star Hunter CP.

I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!

manaow is an example to all us sapphics. girl has GAME. i don't know whether i'm more in love with her or gyoza. theyre so perfect i want to cry. their chemistry is everything

i'll be honest, i loved warang's attitude lol i'm always here for mean lesbians! can't wait for prang to melt her heart tho!!

i'm really interested in luktarn as well, she caused some drama in the pilot trailer. and atom is absolutely adorable!!

overall, i'm so happy with this first episode! the pacing was definitely off, but the characters captivated me so much i didn't even mind! can't wait to watch more

VIEWJUNE NATION RISE!!!!!!!

ATTENTION GAY PEOPLE IN MY PHONE (i'm actually writing this on my laptop)

New 23.5 pics dropped

we've come a long way since zero photography had them sleep with a projector between then even though they had been dating for at least 4 years at that point.

(from P'Fon's IG Story)
sun is single to me. tf ongsa gon do? catfish me and trick me into falling in love with her?

(from _imprincexx_ IG Story)

Sadly it seems like Love Senior is going to be dropping while I'm at work.

But I'm actually impressed with the quality of the series. Like on a technical level it's pretty decent. I already knew that the chemistry between Lookkaew and Anda was good from the pilot trailer, but they are really delivering and it's only the first episode. 

Manaow is so cool, she's fr my role model now. how is she so good at talking to girls!! i should probably be taking notes. I didn't notice this in the pilot trailer so idk if it's from the novel, but i love the sorta masc energy Manaow is giving. 

Gyoza our napping queen. it's so funny how she's always so tired but we've yet to see any of these future engineers in class. they did Warang and Gyoza so dirty by having Guza tell her that if she was a guy she would date her. 

i like the pace so far like they aren't dillydallying for one second. Gyoza and Manaow are already down bad. 

there were a few times where i thought Pure was gonna develop a crush to one of them. Like when he tells Manaow to be the example or when he was massaging Gyoza's leg. but i'm very happy they're keeping it a strictly junior/senior dynamics.

@glowinggayalien THERES SO MUCH TO THAT ONGSASUN PICTURE!!! were they CUDDLING?? im going insane please give me 23.5 now

and im honestly so impressed with anda and lookkaew. The pilot was good, but they're on fire in the actual series! they really stole my entire heart

i was so scared with that scene of gyoza and pure, thank god nothing happened. i would throw hands

Also everyone, today was About Galaxy fitting day and I wasn't aware but we have a 3RD SAPPHIC COUPLE IN IT???? IS THIS REAL LIFE???

LOOK AT THIS CAST WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

mermysteries:

Is this a new GL? That's Aoom and Meena on the left, right?! Oh my Lord! I'm already excited. 

mermysteries:

i'm watching I'm in Love with the Villainess too! it's funny so far, excited to see where it goes. apart from Revue Starlight that i mentioned earlier, I also recommend Kase-san and Morning Glories (really sweet and short high school yuri romance) and Liz and the Blue Bird (a bit more on the subtext side, but still really beautiful and a bit melancholic)

Watching I am in love with the Villainess as well and it's worth the watch, those who read the manga know it. Also Liz and the Blue Bird is my all time FAV, really does so well showing the analogy of the girl and the blue bird for both the characters!!

Revues starlight is a treat too as one it is so absurd and unique :) Well to add to it you can also try watching Revolutionary Girl  Utena ,  Machikado Mazoku,  Yuri is my job and Aoi Hana.

Also as a uni student I confirm the napping is the best part of the day ;)

mermysteries:

A LITTLE TINY ONGSA!!

Now I see why P'Fon had said that at first she was worried about Milk being able to get into Ongsa's character with the follow-up statement that now she's afraid that Milk's *too* much into the character- like I can't see any Milk here in this picture; only Ongsa. And we haven't even MET Ongsa yet (haven't read the novel).

I'm still making my way through Love Senior, I'm trying to savour it..

mermysteries:

And OMG I wasn't expecting anything for About Galaxy so soon!! AND THEY'RE ALL STUNNING