I have realized that a lot of the historical romance dramas that I have watched are adaptations from novels, I really want to be able to read the originals but I also want to read new stories that may not yet be dramas. My Chinese skills are very minimal so I would love if the novel could be translated into English, but if not it is okay.

Does anyone know any websites where I could purchase or just read these novels?

Thank you in advance! :)

In this site you could fine many chinese (mostly chinese), korean, japanese and thai novels in english:  https://www.novelupdates.com/  :)

Blair Tonkin:

In this site you could fine many chinese (mostly chinese), korean, japanese and thai novels in english:  https://www.novelupdates.com/  :)

Thank you!

and check this sites  Novelfull  -   Wuxiaworld  -  F-Sap Knovels 

I also watch a lot of adaptations from novels and started book searching and this sites is what I bookmarked in my browser. Hope it helps

Do you find novels are much better than the dramas? I guess cos it can delve deeper unlike drama limited by number of episodes etc. I have recently started reading Legend of Yunxi or Poison Genius Consort as the novel's called translated into English as my mandarin isn't that great. It is so much better even though i really like the drama watched it several times.

SheauT:

Do you find novels are much better than the dramas? I guess cos it can delve deeper unlike drama limited by number of episodes etc. I have recently started reading Legend of Yunxi or Poison Genius Consort as the novel's called translated into English as my mandarin isn't that great. It is so much better even though i really like the drama watched it several times.

I am beginning to enjoy novels as they go deeper into the plot and even make the setting and costumes seem really elegant and luxurious.  I am more of a visual story lover but for Chinese historical novels, wow! I became addicted super quickly haha. Dramas always end up cutting a story shorter, with novels I can read about my favourite characters more deeply and you can eof course continue the story for longer whilst also finding out things that may have been inaccurate or just not mentioned in the drama.

I also find that it is easier to connect to characters and the setting as I feel more immersed in the story. :)

Also, where did you find the english translated novel for Yanxi palace? I have been looking for super longgg.

Couldn't agree more! Chinese historic novels are on a different level. Sorry it was Legend of Yunxi drama starring Zhang Zehan as male lead not Yanxi Palace. This drama was adapted from novel Poison Genius Consort. I don't think yanxi Palace drama was adapted from novel. 

Forgot to ask which novels are you currently reading or have read? Would love to know more thanks! 

Since we are all still stuck at home, I ended up buying 4 Chinese novels.  Not sure if I'll be able to read them since my Chinese isn't all that great.  But I have watched all the dramas multiple times, so hopefully I can read them.

1. Secrets of the Three Kingdoms
  2. Skate into Love
  3. My Mowgli Boy
  4. A Journey to Meet Love

Just got My Mowgli Boy in the mail today.  I can read the dialogue, but struggle with the descriptive paragraphs.  Anyone know any Chinese novels mainly written with dialogue?