“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it....Roald Dahl

The fairy tale -

The Ugly Duckling

The ugly duckling short story is simple but does teach a valuable lesson in finding a sense of belonging.

A long time ago, a farmer kept four eggs together, all of which hatched after a few days. While three of the ducklings that came out of the eggs looked exactly alike, the fourth one looked different. He was bigger and plain gray in color. The duckling always felt different from its siblings and was always picked on.

All the ducklings called him ugly and made fun of him. One day, the duckling got fed up with all the teasing and bullying and ran away to a nearby river, where he came upon a family of beautiful swans. Looking at the young members of that family, the duckling realized that he never looked like any of its siblings because he is a swan and not a duckling. Then, he realized that soon enough, he would grow into a beautiful swan and won’t be called ugly anymore. 

Moral of the story

This is another one of the most famous 10-line short stories with morals. And it teaches us to never judge anyone based on his/her physical appearance. Everyone is beautiful in their own individual way.

There's a mathematical equation that proves I'm ugly. Here's how I learned to ignore it

10.   "Ugliest are the people who set standards based upon appearance." 

-unknown 

Okay...

Pressure...... external, internal, environmental, financial, social, we bring it upon ourselves, we get it from family, from friends even from strangers, the Internet, your workplaces, schools.......and so on......... PLEASE feel free to add to this....no pressure....(see what I did there?)

1.  P=F/A

3. The most common pressure that everyone must have felt in life is educational pressure. Eduction is most important thing in building ones personality. But nowadays there is lots of pressure to achieve good grades, get into a good college & get a good job. Validation and competition are a driving factor of many of these academic stresses. We have different ways to handle pressure on us by working on our hobbies - listening to music, watching Netflix, singing, dancing,shopping, gardening,playing or else sleeping. 

awesome:

8. Ugly

“But it’s a trick, Tally. You’ve only seen pretty faces your whole life. Your parents, your teachers, everyone over sixteen. But you weren’t born expecting that kind of beauty in everyone, all the time. You just got programmed into thinking anything else is ugly.” 

- Scott Westerfeld 

" BEAUTY lies in your Eyes . "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like a person , he is handsome to you no matter how he looks 

like your brother 

if you do not like a person 

like someone who gets on your nerves 

he is ugly to you 

now matter how much pretty or handsome the person is. 

In a NUTSHELL - Inner beauty is what matters , external is just a show off .

6. Ideal gas law is

P = nRT/V

Pressure (P), volume (V), number of mole of gas (n), and temperature (T) & R known as the the gas constant

In reality, there is no such thing as an ideal gas, but an ideal gas is a useful conceptual model that allows us to understand how gases respond to changing conditions.

7. There was immense pressure on the Titan submersible causing it to implode.

By the time it reached the Titanic wreckage, the Titan submersible would have been facing a pressure of between 375 and 400 atmospheres.

That’s equivalent to 4,000 tonnes pushing on an area of one square metre.

Source

8. I bet there is a Disney song for everything. 

The  Pressure of being the eldest sibling captured in song

"Pressure like a grip, grip, grip, and it won’t let go, whoa
Pressure like a tick, tick, tick, ’til it’s ready to blow, whoa-oh-oh"

"I'm pretty sure I'm worthless if I can't be of service."

"Give it to your sister it doesn't hurt, see if she can handle every family burden."

"Give it to your sister and never wonder, if the same pressure would've pulled you under."

"Who am I if I don’t have what it takes?
No cracks, no breaks
No mistakes, no pressure"

Surface Pressure - From Encanto the movie

9. I have been in the Aviation Industry for over 35 years....The Human Factors or "The Dirty Dozen," can or maybe applicable to other industries.....there are annual training/classes, in person and online for us.....

Also, lots of reading material found online, using ....headline below

The Human Factors "Dirty Dozen"

Description

The Dirty Dozen refers to twelve of the most common human error preconditions, or conditions that can act as precursors, to accidents or incidents. These twelve elements influence people to make mistakes. The Dirty Dozen is a concept developed by Gordon Dupont, in 1993, whilst he was working for Transport Canada, and formed part of an elementary training programme for Human Performance in Maintenance. It has since become a cornerstone of Human Factors in Maintenance training courses worldwide, as exemplified in UK CAA CAP715[1].

The Dirty Dozen is not a comprehensive list of human error accident precursors, for example, ICAO Circular 240-AN/144[2] lists over 300 human error precursors. However, since 1993 all areas of the aviation industry, not just aircraft maintenance, have found the Dirty Dozen a useful introduction to open discussions into human error in their businesses, organisations and workplaces. So, it may be possible to find Dirty Dozen lists for pilots, ramp workers, air traffic controllers and cabin crew.

The List

The original list, developed for aircraft maintenance, is available in many documents, one good example is TC14175[3], and this list is used as the basis for this entry. There is no order of priority.

1. Lack of communication5. Complacency9. Lack of knowledge
2. Distraction6. Lack of teamwork10. Fatigue
3. Lack of resources7. Pressure
11. Lack of assertiveness
4. Stress8. Lack of awareness12. Norms

The Dirty Dozen is also used to refer to a poster campaign, developed by the Maintenance And Ramp Safety Society (MARSS) in support of the original Transport Canada training programme. Each poster illustrates a different human factor.

Countermeasures

Whilst The Dirty Dozen list of human factors has increased awareness of how humans can contribute towards accidents and incidents, the aim of the concept was to focus attention and resources towards reducing and capturing human error. Therefore, for each element on The Dirty Dozen list there are examples of typical countermeasures designed to reduce the possibility of any human error from causing a problem.

awesome:

@helomek, lotta info getting added, thx.

Taking these 12 human factors....into account, tell us in aviation, especially in the Maintenance Departments, that it's NOT ONE step missed/mistake/error that leads/led to a catastrophic event, but a SERIES of mistakes (big or small).....caused by one or combinations of the list above, i.e. complacency, lack of knowledge or resources, internal or external pressure/stress from home, or others even your boss.....to tribal knowledge (where something is done by word-of-mouth,  from one mechanic to another mechanic)......so whenever I read or hear about an aircraft accident...I automatically think of the dirty dozen.......Kinda sad...but it is what it is....

Are there anybody else, here, that have something like this, in their respected industry......say,  automotive shops or  manufacturing, building construction, especially high-rises.....

I'm really curious to know......thanks