2018 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

@RoseRain

We are not being asked to watch a drama we hate but one we like enough to re-watch.  The other option is a genre you dislike. Last year I picked Tokusatsu. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon was listed, it’s not great but I still binged it. Im not fond of Historical but I have to watch 5 this year. 

RoseRain:

It would be really nice if I rewatch those on hold/dropped  drama than the ones I've already seen.

It could also be a genre you're not that crazy about/wouldn't normally watch but have a mild interest because of an actor you like. I chose Battle of Changsha in that category. Family and War are genres I typically stay away from,but it is so highly rated, I've gotten many recs for it,and the actor is nice to look at. This can be a motivation to get out of the comfort zone:)

This category for me is Hello Monster or Myung Wol The Spy. 

But we have the whole year to change things. No need to rush. I still wants to know about second seasons though.

Pretty sure the historical category is gonna kill me though.not that I hate historical,but some of those time periods...

DarylJ:

@RoseRain

We are not being asked to watch a drama we hate but one we like enough to re-watch.  The other option is a genre you dislike. Last year I picked Tokusatsu. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon was listed, it’s not great but I still binged it. Im not fond of Historical but I have to watch 5 this year. 

I don't really want to rewatch any of the dramas I like (unless I'll watch it with family) so that's why I was hoping something I put on hold or dropped because I don't remember them that much.

Also, it must be tough on you lol I love historical dramas so it's cool for me. Although most really need to keep the duration short. 

jubies33:

It could also be a genre you're not that crazy about/wouldn't normally watch but have a mild interest because of an actor you like. I chose Battle of Changsha in that category. Family and War are genres I typically stay away from,but it is so highly rated, I've gotten many recs for it,and the actor is nice to look at. This can be a motivation to get out of the comfort zone:)

That's what I want to do. There is a drama I kinda dropped but I took interest in this actor 3 years later so I want to go back and re-watch it to see what happened to his character. But I didn't finish the drama so I was wondering if it would qualify. 

DarylJ:

@RoseRain

For me , is colonial japanese rule in china/korea. I already dropped two dramas with this theme. But this year i have to watch one. I guess i will choose a movie

@RoseRain  Ah, I see. I have a few like that that I counted out. Some I had only watched 1 ep so I was a bit dissapointed to not use them. I'm not sure what the answer will be, but if you can't choose that drama to rewatch,you could maybe use it as the dropped one,unless you wanted to use a different drama for that category.

About dropped ones.

They already questioned here and they will only serve as that category about dropped/on-hold ones

Does anyone have any recs for Qin or Ming dynasty that are not tagged? I've already dropped Bu Bu Jing Xin and none of the others I see look slightly interesting to me. 

Qing Dynasty: Royal Tramp/The Deer and The Cauldron (both dramas are about the early reign of Kangxi Emperor with a touch of comedy), Rule the World

Ming Dynasty: Perfect Couple (Wallace Huo and Tiffany Tang with wonderful chemistry),  My Bratty Princess

@YanFaisal Thank you so much!

Hessa:

If you think it fits, then it is okay.

Thank you for the reply ;)

YanFaisal:

This category for me is Hello Monster or Myung Wol The Spy. 

But we have the whole year to change things. No need to rush. I still wants to know about second seasons though.

I don't see why we couldnt use second seasons.. I plan on using Koundori 1 &2. My take is if you haven't seen it yet it's eligible for any category it fits.

@YanFaisal I will go with Perfect Couple. At least the men will have hair :') 

With 2nd seasons etc. 

I believe if they have a separate entry on MDL then they should be allowed. This goes for specials as well.