Metta Ksanti:

A severe pet peeve of mine: when characters act out of character...

ooo..I get that...for example, they are a smart and cold person then all of a sudden they go all goofy and crazy for no reason. I am not saying people aren't multifaceted but its always put too the extreme in dramas.

PET PEEVE #3

Another Pet Peeve is when any freaking female gets "hurt" in the drama via paper cut, tiny scrap on the knee, "sudden sprained ankle",  etc etc etc. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, SHE IS GROWN ADULT NOT A FREAKIN CHILD, ITS NOT A BIG DEAL. Especially not one for the male lead to bug out on all of a sudden like she is dying!

Ooh, ooh another one: cakey makeup, streaky makeup, messy brows, crooked brows... *pulls hair out*

Then I guess along those lines: when it shows the scene's not taken in one shot... like if something in the background changed, or their position from one shot to another is different...

But I guess that's just me being picky?

Haha, I agree!

That is a directorial peeve for sure, and I also agree.

I, also, don't like it when the constantly put flashbacks within the same episode the evident in question happened! You only do that for mystery reveals. Stop doing it for stare downs people!

There's definitely one trope that annoys me the most (even more than forced love triangles) and it's:

NOBLE PROTAGONISTS!

(or how I also call it: "We have 4-6 Episodes left, what shall we do?"-Syndrome)

I get a headache the moment I hear something along the lines of "I should leave... so that he can have a happy life". Or when the lead remembers or learns that they've hurt the other person in the past (or have some weird disease or lied about something idk) and go: "Oh damn, I feel so guilty, how could he/she love me, I should just go and break up with her/him, we'll all be so much happier"

The Hell? I can guarantee that in literally NO drama I have ever watched, the decision to leave the other person, break their heart or keep a secret in order to "save" the other person, had a good outcome. NEVER. Therefore it gets annoying. It stands out to me as a viewer because we all know that trying to be "noble" in dramas always results in what you tried to avoid. So there's no surprise. We know what will happen.

I guess that's why it annoys me so, because it feels so forced and not like something a normal person would do.

I actually think it's not noble at all, I think it's pretty much taking "the easy way" out and purely egoistic. Leaving on your own is often easier than living  with something or working something out together. 

Not being noble is much harder. Depending on the situation you may have to grovel, beg for forgivness, learn to deal with some condition/disease and, most of all, you actually have to communicate with your S.O./love interest, truthfully and honest at that, which seems to be an impossible feat for most drama characters.

Sorry for the rant, it just annoys me so much and I wish there were more dramas with people who actually go for what they want/decide to take a chance on their possible happiness and COMMUNICATE, rather than give it all away for some altruistic reason. 

Zardua_:

Dead Fish Kisses. They make me want to pull my hair out, Love 020, i'm looking at you

This so much, it was actually painful to watch... he is such a good kisser but she looked like her soul left her body.

This one might be a weird pet peeve but it bothers me SO much when characters get angry and throw their cellphones (or other character's cellphones) to the wall or to the ground and they break. I hate it. Why would you damage a perfectly good device? It's so cringy to watch.

Killer_Queen:

PET PEEVE #3

Another Pet Peeve is when any freaking female gets "hurt" in the drama via paper cut, tiny scrap on the knee, "sudden sprained ankle",  etc etc etc. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, SHE IS GROWN ADULT NOT A FREAKIN CHILD, ITS NOT A BIG DEAL. Especially not one for the male lead to bug out on all of a sudden like she is dying!

This forum is raising the pet-peeve fever in me! Yes! 

Also:

- Why don't you take the bus or a car instead of running to the airport? *looking especially at you Japanese dramas*

- Why does every encounter with rain without an umbrella or jacket result in fever and passing out?

samsoons:

This one might be a weird pet peeve but it bothers me SO much when characters get angry and throw their cellphones (or other character's cellphones) to the wall or to the ground and they break. I hate it. Why would you damage a perfectly good device? It's so cringy to watch.

Oh! I hate it when they smash all sorts of things out of anger too. Wasted craftsmanship. 

You reminded me of half-finished food!! I'm telling you, they all order a freshly made cup of coffee, have a disagreement, and leave without taking a sip. I mean, I paid for that and even if I didn't, it was free so why leave good drinks and food? *takes coffee with her and storms out*

Ahhh I could mention a million but the one that bothers me a lot is love triangle.

It always amaze me when a girl who apparently spent 20+ of her life without any bf suddenly get ONE guy interested in her...but somehow ANOTHER follows at the same time! Why at the same timeline? Couldn't this guy come 3 years later or something??

Or the childhood\long term friend who kept his crush hidden for this girl for almost his entire life but once that one guy comes he suddenly needs to confess or get the girl? You had all the chances in the world, why didn't you try before?

The worst is when the guy/girl act like they can't move on...

Can dramas bring (cool) girls (not bitchy) for the second male lead instead of creating meaningless love triangles?

Isinuyasha:
NOBLE PROTAGONISTS!

(or how I also call it: "We have 4-6 Episodes left, what shall we do?"-Syndrome)

I get a headache the moment I hear something along the lines of "I should leave... so that he can have a happy life". Or when the lead remembers or learns that they've hurt the other person in the past (or have some weird disease or lied about something idk) and go: "Oh damn, I feel so guilty, how could he/she love me, I should just go and break up with her/him, we'll all be so much happier"

The Hell? I can guarantee that in literally NO drama I have ever watched, the decision to leave the other person, break their heart or keep a secret in order to "save" the other person, had a good outcome. NEVER. Therefore it gets annoying. It stands out to me as a viewer because we all know that trying to be "noble" in dramas always results in what you tried to avoid. So there's no surprise. We know what will happen.

ooooo, that is such a good one! But its more of a fake noble if you ask me, they constantly put themselves in danger "trying" not to hurt the person's feelings when they are still hurting the person's feelings with their actions!

samsoons:

hahaha, that is a good peeve! Especially it is mostly the rich people doing that like weirdos 

Fortuna:
This forum is raising the pet-peeve fever in me! Yes!

Also:

- Why don't you take the bus or a car instead of running to the airport? *looking especially at you Japanese dramas*

- Why does every encounter with rain without an umbrella or jacket result in fever and passing out?

HA! I know! The Rain is the perpetuator of most sickness apparently XD Maybe even amnesia and cancer since that is also so damn common.

RoseRain:

Ahhh I could mention a million but the one that bothers me a lot is love triangle.

It always amaze me when a girl who apparently spent 20+ of her life without any bf suddenly get ONE guy interested in her...but somehow ANOTHER follows at the same time! Why at the same timeline? Couldn't this guy come 3 years later or something??

Or the childhood\long term friend who kept his crush hidden for this girl for almost his entire life but once that one guy comes he suddenly needs to confess or get the girl? You had all the chances in the world, why didn't you try before?

The worst is when the guy/girl act like they can't move on...

Can dramas bring (cool) girls (not bitchy) for the second male lead instead of creating meaningless love triangles?

I completely understand!!! I've come to the conclusion that Love Triangle/Squares are just the admitted part of society of people who don't understand HOW UNLIKELY THAT IS TO HAPPEN! I can understand it if SHE WAS A SUPERMODEL or CELEB, but for crying out loud. What is more annoying is when the make the MALE LEAD this ICON OF HANDSOMENESS THAT EVERY GIRL MUST GO CRAZY OVER AND TRY TO FIGHT OVER.

I am tired of the poor Second Female Lead because made to be the villain because all girls can't stand to be next to each because of one man.

Clap hands if you have seen this too much!

CALL ME CRAZY.....I don't even know if this counts a peeve, or if anyone else feel this way, but I am tired of dramas where the first person the female lead "bumps into" is the male lead in romance dramas. I kind of wish that dramas didn't share the details of whether the actor/actess is the main or supporting role. Because its quiet predictable that each drama involving romance with the two main leads means they are going to be together. 

So they spend 5 to 10 episodes trying to get them to fall for each other and once they do they have people trying to tear them apart (as if their relationship is that important), then BOOM (amnesia, car accident, cancer, etc) adds to the fuel THEN THEY realize how the POWER OF LOVE IS SO STRONG! SO STRONG.  The End.

This is why I truly believe (and some may disagree with me about this) that romance should never be the main plot of a drama and only secondary or even thirdly in the whole drama.