A place to chat about our dislikes within dramas, openly and with passion. I have so many things that I cannot stand seeing in dramas. But I'm going to open this open with the king of them all.

The Cinderalla Trope.

• Rich Chaebol Arrogant Heir in love with
  • Poor Heart-of-Gold "Tough" Girl who
  • Hates The Rich Guy but still
  • Lets the rich guy bully her, force a kiss on her until
  • She breaks down and realizes she "loves him" INSTEAD OF
  • The Nice Second Lead (Syndrome) because he
  • "changed" and gave her a make over that made her "pretty".
  • ALSO because he is rich. (lets be honestly would they have gone for him if he wasn't?)

Can anyone name a drama with this trope? 

Hana Yori Dango is this trope described above or boys over flowers if Korean watcher or Meteor Garden if you watch Taiwanese or Let's Go watch a Meteor Shower if you watch Chinese.

My (checking to make sure this isnt in Korean only forum) ok good Pet peeve troupe is

Plot cancer(or illness)....If you watch any 10 Japanese dramas three will have plot cancer (or illness) of some kind and it will be soo rare on 3 people in history have ever had it (the other 2 dramas)

Oh and Amnesia is EXTREMELY painful when you regain memories...like criplingly so.  

these two tropes drive me crazy

Can you name a drama with either or both?

OldAnimeLady:

Hana Yori Dango is this trope described above or boys over flowers if Korean watcher or Meteor Garden if you watch Taiwanese or Let's Go watch a Meteor Shower if you watch Chinese.

My (checking to make sure this isnt in Korean only forum) ok good Pet peeve troupe is

Plot cancer(or illness)....If you watch any 10 Japanese dramas three will have plot cancer (or illness) of some kind and it will be soo rare on 3 people in history have ever had it (the other 2 dramas)

Oh and Amnesia is EXTREMELY painful when you regain memories...like criplingly so.  

these two tropes drive me crazy

Can you name a drama with either or both?

Haha, this is an all forum haha, I believed I checked Hana Yori Dango, but I honestly for the life of me can't remember if i watched all of it or not. 

Oh my god, haha that is hilarious XD I don't watch many japanese dramas but I need to get on that, just need a good intro back into. Funny tropes but I do have dramas for them!

DRAMAS WITH THEM ARE:

+ WHO ARE YOU (amnesia)

+ Lets Fight Ghost (amnesia)

+ It's Okay Its Love ( mental illness)

+ Uncontrollably Fondness (Cancer (something like it)

+ Eternal Love (amnesia)

A big and annoying cliche: 

• The second lead female is always horrible mean and evil rival to the female lead. 

Can you name any dramas with that?

The ones i have seen with the amnesia is Quiz show 2 (M. C. Kamiyama has it really bad) and Ouroboros.  I think Erased had it too just a little wave of it tho.

OldAnimeLady:

The ones i have seen with the amnesia is Quiz show 2 (M. C. Kamiyama has it really bad) and Ouroboros.  I think Erased had it too just a little wave of it tho.

Some of the ones I mentioned are actually good dramas but still a tropes a trope.

Killer_Queen:

A big and annoying cliche: 

• The second lead female is always horrible mean and evil rival to the female lead. 

Can you name any dramas with that?

Peach Girl

But I cant name another trope lol

OldAnimeLady:

Peach Girl

But I cant name another trope lol

haha its okay, you can just name things you dislike 

The Playboy Trope. Not only is the ML a cheating arrogant jerk, but he also brags about his cheating tendencies like they should be admired. Furthermore, his friends encourage him even more and act like he is a god.  He also somehow becomes the guy every girl fawns over at school despite everyone knowing of his non-exclusive dating habits.

Best Example: The Handsome Cowboy. I wanted to kill the ML the entire time I swear. 

^^^I believe that this screenshot was taken the second (or third idk) time he cheated on the FL. 

Oh my god, ugh. I can't stand that trope either!

I'm not saying its impossible for a player guy to be nice but MOST of them in dramas are NOT NICE AT ALL, and I don't care about your broken heart or mommy/daddy issues, you do not have to be rude to someone who willingly slept with you.

Also, no logically girl would sleep with an asshole because she geninuely likes him. Its because she just wanted to sleep with him and walk away. WHY can't dramas show that part, instead of making her out to be the slut or shameful one for consenting to something the guy also consented too!

Killer_Queen:

I'm not saying its impossible for a player guy to be nice but MOST of them in dramas are NOT NICE AT ALL, and I don't care about your broken heart or mommy/daddy issues, you do not have to be rude to someone who willingly slept with you.

Also, no logically girl would sleep with an asshole because she geninuely likes him. Its because she just wanted to sleep with him and walk away. WHY can't dramas show that part, instead of making her out to be the slut or shameful one for consenting to something the guy also consented too!

Korean dramas aren't doing this as much anymore, but Lakorns are still notorious for this. If it weren't for the fact that most of them are addicting as hell, I would have left lakorns a long time ago.

SarahEm:

Korean dramas aren't doing this as much anymore, but Lakorns are still notorious for this. If it weren't for the fact that most of them are addicting as hell, I would have left lakorns a long time ago.

Yeah, I just home it continues to improve. I am likely how many dramas as bring in more girl centered dramas with each getting their own romantic interest. Like Age of Youth, Ode to Joe etc. 

Killer_Queen:

Ha, that's Koo Za Rot Zab which I really enjoyed. I think it was implied once or twice in the show that his girlfriend also slept with hunky men and wasn't exclusive to him (he was kind of forced into a marriage so being with his girlfriend was technically cheating). And hey - it's got the rich guy, "poor" girl trope though she is much more capable than he is in terms of business and motivation.

Knavery:

Ha, that's Koo Za Rot Zab which I really enjoyed. I think it was implied once or twice in the show that his girlfriend also slept with hunky men and wasn't exclusive to him (he was kind of forced into a marriage so being with his girlfriend was technically cheating). And hey - it's got the rich guy, "poor" girl trope though she is much more capable than he is in terms of business and motivation.

That is interesting. Perhaps I will check it out!

Killer_Queen:

That is interesting. Perhaps I will check it out!

It's a degenerate heir getting forced to change by his family through marriage to the female lead. He sleeps with anything that moves though he had a main "girlfriend". And it's insinuated a few times she sleeps around with men by the male lead himself.

I don't think he was ever abusive which was a pleasant surprise to me. He just can't keep it in his pants until the female lead forces change (partly to mess with him, partly because she starts falling for him and partly because she's grateful to the 'rich' family that helped her and her community out of a tough spot).

And this is one where most of his family takes her (daughter-in-law) side.