Knavery:

It's a degenerate heir getting forced to change by his family through marriage to the female lead. He sleeps with anything that moves though he had a main "girlfriend". And it's insinuated a few times she sleeps around with men by the male lead himself.

I don't think he was ever abusive which was a pleasant surprise to me. He just can't keep it in his pants until the female lead forces change (partly to mess with him, partly because she starts falling for him and partly because she's grateful to the 'rich' family that helped her and her community out of a tough spot).

And this is one where most of his family takes her (daughter-in-law) side.

Huh, well thanks! I'll add it to my watchlist!

I'm going to call this out. 

The Masochistic Lead.

+ In most asian dramas I have ever watched.

The male lead is a complete and utter masochistic jerk. He is borderline abusive. It isn't attractive AT ALL. He literally pins the girl down to the point of stripping her of all of her rights!

I do not care for his sad backstory either. He needs to get over because plenty of people have gone through worse and have more kindness in them!

You know that's one thing about Korean dramas that bothers me. Why does everyone have cancer? Even the dog!!

Random pet-peeve: Why is curly hair considered in need of a makeover?

Dead Fish Kisses. They make me want to pull my hair out, Love 020, i'm looking at you

Senji1000:

You know that's one thing about Korean dramas that bothers me. Why does everyone have cancer? Even the dog!!

I know? 

Zardua_:

Dead Fish Kisses. They make me want to pull my hair out, Love 020, i'm looking at you

hahaha, oh my god, Love 020's female lead was the major problem with dead fish kisses. Like seriously, do you see how hot and willing he is?

Fortuna:

I have no idea? And why does the female lead constantly eat like pig?

Stereotype #1:

Anyone else get a tad bit offended (really more cringing) when a non-asian is represented in an asian drama very poorly? They make them such a stereotype. 

Example: The Heirs - Surf White Boy from Cali and all the non-asians where were shown. 

Personally, considering how asians stereotypes in America are still around in movies, tv, etc, it is kind of fair to have it in the reverse. But still, SO CRINGY! 

Killer_Queen:

Stereotype #1:

Anyone else get a tad bit offended (really more cringing) when a non-asian is represented in an asian drama very poorly? They make them such a stereotype. 

Example: The Heirs - Surf White Boy from Cali and all the non-asians where were shown. 

Personally, considering how asians stereotypes in America are still around in movies, tv, etc, it is kind of fair to have it in the reverse. But still, SO CRINGY! 

So I would avoid To Be a Better Man if I were you... there are a ton of flashbacks to America and you would think every single American in that entire country is just waiting to prey on poor innocent and honest Chinese people. And apparently Americans have Italian accents.

I laughed. Because if anything the reverse is true. If you are alone in China, people will try to take advantage of you. My experiences in America and with Americans have only been positive.

Knavery:

So I would avoid To Be a Better Man if I were you... there are a ton of flashbacks to America and you would think every single American in that entire country is just waiting to prey on poor innocent and honest Chinese people. And apparently Americans have Italian accents.

I laughed. Because if anything the reverse is true. If you are alone in China, people will try to take advantage of you. My experiences in America and with Americans have only been positive.

hahaha XD I shall avoid it then. 

Fortuna:

I know right. Curly hair is gorgeous, but most Asian dramas portray it as frizzy burnt beehives.  

Oh here is another one. When they hire Caucasians to speak English and they have an accent. Also usually typecast in an evil role.

Senji1000:

Oh here is another one. When they hire Caucasians to speak English and they have an accent. Also usually typecast in an evil role.

Ah, so true. Also, their english so un-natural XD

A severe pet peeve of mine: when characters act out of character...