Hello my fellow drama enthusiasts,

I just watched Guardian, and the "bromance" has me shook. Can anyone recommend a drama where the two male main leads are very protective of one another. My favorite genres are crime/supernatural. 

I also really liked Hello Monster / I remember you, and Tunnel!

Please help me I'm going through withdraw.

goblin not protective but teasing each other

descendant of the sun

+1 Goblin- I hate this drama but the saving grace was the bromance

Nirvana in Fire- the bromance in this one was amazing!

Moonshine and Valentine- funny and protective of each other

I would call Guardian a straight-up romance (despite all the "brother" lipservice dropped into the show to throw off censors-- you watched it, you could see the nature of their relationship). In the same vein though I was going to recommend Advance Bravely (another C-drama that was stuck taking a "yeah-'bros'-act-like-this-okay-sure" position), but I see you're already 2/3 of the way through that. 

So instead, may I suggest the J-drama Rinsho Hanzai Gakusha Himura Hideo no Suiri (often just Himura Hideo no Suiri for short)? It's about a very unusual criminologist (Himura Hideo) and his best friend/assistant, mystery writer Arisu ("Alice"), who are called upon to help the police with tough cases and are *extremely* close & protective of one another (go ahead and put on your BL goggles if you're prone to that, you won't be disappointed).

School 2013 has some amazing bromances, although it's not crime or supernatural. It's about youth and how a group of students deal with problems and slowly become more mature. Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk in the main roles but there is so many other familiar faces in the cast! Really recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it, School 2013 may look like just any other school/romance drama but its really not. 

In addition with the genre you like:

• Cruel city (crim
  • The disguiser
  • Signal
  • circle

Other genre

• Misaeng
  • Gentlemen's Dignity
  • chicago typewriter
  • Rookies
  • Sassy Girl go go
  • Reply 1988
  • Gentlemen of Juthathep series 
  • king 2 hearts
  • suits
 kittyflumpin:
I was going to recommend Advance Bravely (another C-drama that was stuck taking a "yeah-'bros'-act-like-this-okay-sure" position), but I see you're already 2/3 of the way through that. 

its BL drama right

DrAmAlOvEr:

its BL drama right

Basically without actually coming out and saying (or showing) it, yeah. I mean *SPOILER (but if you're looking for BL you'll probably want to know this)*:

There's not even a kiss! But the reactions and looks that the two main characters share-- the affection (and sexual tension) is pretty obvious. Not to be crude but there was definitely some eye-f**king going on from time to time. And, like Guardian, it's my understanding that the source material is definitely 100% BL in nature. For all its flaws (and it *is* flawed), I still found Advance Bravely really enjoyable. Honestly I didn't even mind that there wasn't a kiss (though of course that would've made it that much better) but that's how sold I was on the chemistry between the leads.

Chief kim has also a lot of bromance. It is office comedy drama where main lead fights injustice that is happening in their company

kittyflumpin:

Basically without actually coming out and saying (or showing) it, yeah. I mean *SPOILER (but if you're looking for BL you'll probably want to know this)*:

There's not even a kiss! But the reactions and looks that the two main characters share-- the affection (and sexual tension) is pretty obvious. Not to be crude but there was definitely some eye-f**king going on from time to time. And, like Guardian, it's my understanding that the source material is definitely 100% BL in nature. For all its flaws (and it *is* flawed), I still found Advance Bravely really enjoyable. Honestly I didn't even mind that there wasn't a kiss (though of course that would've made it that much better) but that's how sold I was on the chemistry between the leads.

I know what to watch next lol thanks!