2019 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

For questions like "( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)” can I add a variety show to complete it or does it have to be just a drama or movie 

else:

For questions like "( ) Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username. (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)” can I add a variety show to complete it or does it have to be just a drama or movie 

One of the admins can confirm this, but I think it means exactly what it says: drama or movie (ONLY). In cases where other formats are allowed, it is usually stated, eg: "Watch a drama, movie or variety show with your favourite actor".

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 else:

You can use a variety show.

Hessa:

You can use a variety show.

Thankyou 

( ) Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members.

Regarding the above .... what exactly does this mean? Less than 1000 members who have marked the drama/movie completed? So we'd have to look at the stats to make sure less than a 1000 people have watched. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also how challenging is a challenge if we change things to make it easier? Ijs...

PrettyCarEye:

( ) Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members.

Regarding the above .... what exactly does this mean? Less than 1000 members who have marked the drama/movie completed? So we'd have to look at the stats to make sure less than a 1000 people have watched. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also how challenging is a challenge if we change things to make it easier? Ijs...

Yeah, you'd look at the stats to see how many have completed it.  Though if you're feeling lazy, I guess the "# watchers" on the main drama/movie page would always be a larger number than the number of completed, so if that's less than 1000, you wouldn't even have to check the stats.

zeamays:

Yeah, you'd look at the stats to see how many have completed it.  Though if you're feeling lazy, I guess the "# watchers" on the main drama/movie page would always be a larger number than the number of completed, so if that's less than 1000, you wouldn't even have to check the stats.

So just fyi, I decided to do as you suggested and go with the # of watchers, but then I realized that there's usually a big difference between the # of watchers and the # of completed watchers. I passed up a few titles because the number of watchers surpassed 1000, then I checked the stats & the number of completed watchers was less than half of a 1000. Other times it was more than a 1000 even though the # of watchers is minimal (less than 200). Anyway, just thought I'd mention it so other challengers are aware of the discrepancy.

PrettyCarEye:

So just fyi, I decided to do as you suggested and go with the # of watchers, but then I realized that there's usually a big difference between the # of watchers and the # of completed watchers. I passed up a few titles because the number of watchers surpassed 1000, then I checked the stats & the number of completed watchers was less than half of a 1000. Other times it was more than a 1000 even though the # of watchers is minimal (less than 200). Anyway, just thought I'd mention it so other challengers are aware of the discrepancy.

Yeah, there is a often a huge discrepancy.  I was just saying, if anyone was objecting to the extra clicks it takes to find out exactly how many have completed a drama or movie, you are guaranteed to be watching something with fewer than 1000 completed if you choose something that only has 1000 total watchers.  

I'm literally 8 months late but can I still join? And I think someone might have asked before but can I include the dramas/movies that I watched earlier this year?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Kei:

I'm literally 8 months late but can I still join? And I think someone might have asked before but can I include the dramas/movies that I watched earlier this year?

You are welcome to join. You can use the things you watched this year, but make sure to write your starting date as January 1, 2019, or if you know when you watched the first thing this year.

Is this challenge still open to join? sorry I'm late. But I love to join atleast in easy level. If I can what should I do now?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Sudarsh:

Is this challenge still open to join? sorry I'm late. But I love to join atleast in easy level. If I can what should I do now?

You can join. You can use the things you watched this year, but make sure to write your starting date as "January 1, 2019", or if you know when you watched the first thing this year. 

@Hessa okay.. thank you very much!!! :)

Getting into technicalities a bit here but: could I watch Snowpiercer and count it, e.g for the sci-fi genre entry, because it was directed and written by a Korean man and was a joint Korean-Czech production, or does it not count because it's got a majority non-Asian cast and isn't listed on MDL?

Is it necessary to add the entire challenge list? Can i add only the categories i want to do? Sorry for my english