I was working outside on the farm all day. Although it is autumn, it was a warm day for a change. I wanted to have some cold white wine and just chill, so decided to just fry some chicken, added sliced mushrooms, fresh cream, drink a glass of wine, add a glass of wine to the chicken, cooked some spaghetti and added that, some fresh ground black pepper and enjoyed it with another glass of cold white wine :-)
Not gourmet, but tasty and wholesome ;-)

Quanza:

I was working outside on the farm all day. Although it is autumn, it was a warm day for a change. I wanted to have some cold white wine and just chill, so decided to just fry some chicken, added sliced mushrooms, fresh cream, drink a glass of wine, add a glass of wine to the chicken, cooked some spaghetti and added that, some fresh ground black pepper and enjoyed it with another glass of cold white wine :-)
Not gourmet, but tasty and wholesome ;-)

Nice. My lunch today is lentil bolognese and a glass or 2 of chardonnay. ^^

Dinner is leftover rice, pork and tomato jus. I will make wilted spinach and boil some peas to finish it off.

Quickie dinner tonight. Sautéed zucchini, peppers, scallions, chickpeas tossed with pasta and pepper Jack cheese. 

KD 

Busy packing hubby heading to Manila in the early morn. 

Pasta with  Hungarian sausage and homemade red pesto

Quickie mushroom pasta courtesy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvzVW-bscJo It was really good.

Homemade Pumpkin Ravioli-test 2

A year or two ago I wrote on here about my trial of making pumpkin ravioli using canned pumpkin.  It was an unmitigated disaster.  :/

Today I roasted a sugar pumpkin and then pureed it with nutmeg, cayenne and a few chives.  Made it into" ravioli" using wonton wrappers, simmered them in a deep skillet,  and served with a sauce made of butter, pecans, and a little sage and chives with a touch of brown sugar.  As a side, I sautéed some baby bok choy. The greens' slight bitterness was a good foil for the buttery, nutty ravioli.  I am happy to report this was delightful.  I couldn't make them fast enough for hubby.   Every once in awhile you get to put an experiment into the win column.  ^^

henjia:

chipotle!

oh shit fr? damn i had a 5 course meal.... you're so lucky tbh

Food prices so high lately. Are you feeling it in your part of the world?

Started using TVP as an extender. Made meatballs with half meat and half TVP and sweet sour sauce. And hot rice and steamed veggies for side dish. Inflation sucks but with creativity everyone eats well anyway 😊❤

Bluekitchen:

Started using TVP as an extender. Made meatballs with half meat and half TVP and sweet sour sauce. And hot rice and steamed veggies for side dish. Inflation sucks but with creativity everyone eats well anyway 😊❤

they are a pack of ramen here is like 10$ or more. i'm having ramen for brunch :)

Bluekitchen:

The news says grocery prices are up 11% but I'm finding a lot of produce items are up 25-50%, things like carrots and potatoes.  The cooking oil I use has gone up $4 as well.  Hubby's diet calls for beans/lentils instead of meat so it helps not buying much meat.  I went to the store this past weekend and there wasn't a grain of rice to be found except in the prepackaged flavored rices.  Their distributor had a problem of some sort.  Definitely a time to look for sales and finding creative ways to cook.

The Butterfly:

The news says grocery prices are up 11% but I'm finding a lot of produce items are up 25-50%, things like carrots and potatoes.  The cooking oil I use has gone up $4 as well.  Hubby's diet calls for beans/lentils instead of meat so it helps not buying much meat.  I went to the store this past weekend and there wasn't a grain of rice to be found except in the prepackaged flavored rices.  Their distributor had a problem of some sort.  Definitely a time to look for sales and finding creative ways to cook.

I love lentils and beans! Fresh produce is so expensive here too. I wish I could live on a farm. Maybe that's why I love slice of life shows set in the countryside 😁