sohonee:

:) , actually me too do not go for it ( myself low to medium spice kinda gal),  It’s just with friends you enjoy doing adventures…..u know

My culinary adventure days of breaking out in a sweat and not being able to remember my name because the food is too spicy for me are over. XD  please continue to share your food adventures. 

sohonee:

Btw, pic is not the actual one, if u r falling for the pic.  ( but, original also looks exact same, instead of that red tomato sauce, they served green fresh coconut+green chilli , something like this, it was looking.

I am not that insta-post-story-it kinda type….who r obsessed…..n forget they r there to have n not to post…….lol, in the process of taking from perfect angles…..food goes cold….

The few times I’ve taken pics are simply to send to someone who I know likes a restaurant-“look what I’m having”

And a few years ago I made a multi-layered chocolate birthday cake with two different kinds of frosting that I was proud of because I bake but am not a baker. Sent the pics to close friends and family-no Insta.  I am always deliriously happy when complex desserts look like they are supposed to.  And even more so when they turn out delicious. 

sohonee:

I agree what u r saying. If I make something, I too prefer to share the pic…..but u must have seen people who r obsessed over taking pics at restaurants…..

I absolutely get, what u r saying.  And fully acknowledge.

Oh yeah, I’ve seen the perfect pic person more than once. I have one in my extended family.  Everyone else starts eating while they are trying to take the most exquisite pic of the food to put on their site, and as you said, the food is getting cold. This person also takes twice as long to pick something off the menu.  Families are fun. Lol

Been lazy today & only cooked for myself. So i just pick instand noodle for today dinner. & unfortunately not that appetizing either. Just simply the noodle with no topping. Haha... 

Tonight, my mom surprised us with Kool! It's a spicy and sour seafood stew that's a specialty of northern Sri Lanka. I always associate it with a warm, cozy and family-oriented ambiance since everyone gathers around the giant pot of Kool to enjoy it. We serve ourselves bowl after bowl until it's all gone (which can take hours!).

Kool itself is a tamarind-based broth with seafood. Today, we had prawns, fish, and vegetables in it (you can also include crab, yuca, or cassava, etc.). It's also thickened with odiyal flour, which is made from the palmyra sprout. Overall, it's very hearty (I had four large bowls and was stuffed! XD).

I made ... a call. To my local Subway. That was dinner tonight.

Jeana:

I made ... a call. To my local Subway. That was dinner tonight.

You should have gone to the shop.  You might have tripped and a handsome oppa would have caught you, looked deeply into your eyes, and fallen in love!

The Butterfly:

You should have gone to the shop.  You might have tripped and a handsome oppa would have caught you, looked deeply into your eyes, and fallen in love!

And then called him back to my place to make ramen. The photo of which I would post here. :)))))

Jeana:

And then called him back to my place to make ramen. The photo of which I would post here. :)))))

Ramen, eh?  You move quick girl!  XD

Thanks for visiting the forum!

The Butterfly:

Oppas are rather fond of Subway, or so I've heard. Incidentally, I met mine while working there. Turns out wrist grabs and back hugs can happen anywhere XD

jubies33:

Oppas are rather fond of Subway, or so I've heard. Incidentally, I met my husband while working there. Turns out wrist grabs and back hugs can happen anywhere XD

See!  Dramas are just like real life! :D