The Butterfly:

You all are intriguing me with your air fryer talk.  Do you use it often?

Yup, it really makes cooking easier and faster, less clean up too. Don't have to heat up the big oven for smaller meals. Less oil but you still get crispy. Mine has a fry/bake/roast/stirfry option, haven't played around with the second 2 options yet.
Frozen dumplings, 4-6mins done, no oil, crispy on the outside hot and moist on the inside. Bacon, perfectly crisp.I'm gonna try brussel sprouts for today's dinner for the first time. Practice run for Xmas dinner. 

The Butterfly:

You all are intriguing me with your air fryer talk.  Do you use it often?

I use it most days. There is a lot you can do with it, and it takes less time generally to cook things than an oven. You can even cook hamburgers and chicken breasts. I do buffalo wings often, and it makes super fast cripsy fries or hash browns.

With the exception of the holidays we don’t cook a lot of meat. I’m curious to hear how the Brussel sprouts come out.   ^^

I'm a night-eater. It's 2 am here and usually i eat fruit. Does cutting a quince count as cooking? :3

WonderWisdom:

I'm a night-eater. It's 2 am here and usually i eat fruit. Does cutting a quince count as cooking? :3

Breakfast, 2nd breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, supper…midnight snacks, drama snacking, and middle of the night snacks…anything can be shared. ^^

awesome:

Oh!

Me too was not knowing this. Many a times I wanted to include breakfast, but I did not as it was not counted as dinner.

Thx for allowing us to include ALL THAT, that goes in my MOUTH

The rules for this forum are to share whatever you want food related and have fun.   Feel free to talk about the healthy, the junk, comfort, the delicious, the disastrous and the weird. 

It was my brother's birthday yesterday, so we had Butter Chicken! 😋

Pumpkin soup made with roasted pumpkin, orange bell peppers, tomatoes, and onion.  I also added potato and herbs to it.  Pureed the whole thing after it was done and served with fried onions on top,  Came out pretty tasty.

If anyone has a good pumpkin soup recipe they'd like to share I'd love to see it.  ^^  

awesome:

Do we need to put onions on top?  Can we skip? I mean would it change the taste? ( am bit a “ no-onions” kinda girl) 

I just did it for something different.  I’ve used pepitas, pecans, cashew cream, chopped herbs, whatever sounds good and I have on hand at the time to garnish.  But it doesn’t need anything at all. The soup should be the star. ^^

I’ve made pumpkin soup without any onion leaning heavier on lemon and ginger.   Or cinnamon and nutmeg. 

I only have one inviolate cooking rule I follow-cornbread is best when made in a cast iron skillet.  Everything else is based on availability and personal taste. I rarely make anything the same way twice. 

I don’t like raw onions and avoid them but like cooked ones.  So if a recipe calls for raw ones I leave them out.  Do whatever works best for you.  :)

Had buttered cherry bun  with a glass of milk for dinner.

Hey everyone! So my family and I are planning to make Christmas plum cake for the first time in our lives, since Christmas isn't a major part of our culture so we are new to it. 

I'd really appreciate if you guys could share some tips and recipes for the CHRISTMAS CAKE making! 

Thanks! 

Merry Christmas in advance to all  !! 🎂🎅🏼🎄 ❤️