Black beans, broccoli, couscous with pistachios and dried cranberries.  

*zoned out with carb coma* a make do meal (what you find make it work situation) - chickpea pasta, coconut milk, canned chicken boob with garlic powder. ate too quickly probably. tasted good at the time. stress/feel good eating?

It's the last days my sister with her baby is here (she's normally living abroad, but she was stuck here from before the quarantine, and she has to get back :/  ), so we had to send her off in a high way!! :)

So...

Yesterday =>

Rabbit stifado (see one of my previous posts here), Colourful salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cabbage, feta cheese, rocket leaves, green onion, vinaigrette), Fries (fried in virgin olive oil of course, and served with oregano).

Today => 

Ntakos (Barley rusk with grated tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, and "pictogalo" [a kind of soft, creamy, goat's milk local cheese]) 

Chaniotiko Mpoureki (Potatoes & squash arranged in layers, with mizithra & feta cheese, and spearmint, baked in the oven. Usually made as a pie, covered in thin pastry, but we always make it without it in our family. Can be made with either zucchinis or squash!)

[See here for some pics, and to get a clearer picture]

Estelll:

It's the last days my sister with her baby is here (she's normally living abroad, but she was stuck here from before the quarantine, and she has to get back :/  ), so we had to send her off in a high way!! :)

So...

Yesterday =>

Rabbit stifado (see one of my previous posts here), Colourful salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cabbage, feta cheese, rocket leaves, green onion, vinaigrette), Fries (fried in virgin olive oil of course, and served with oregano).

Today => 

Ntakos (Barley rusk with grated tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, and "pictogalo" [a kind of soft, creamy, goat's milk local cheese]) 

Chaniotiko Mpoureki (Potatoes & squash arranged in layers, with mizithra & feta cheese, and spearmint, baked in the oven. Usually made as a pie, covered in thin pastry, but we always make it without it in our family. Can be made with either zucchinis or squash!)

[See here for some pics, and to get a clearer picture]

Big hugs on your sister leaving.  You did send her off in grand style.  Those meals sound super delicious. :)

I've made a similar style pie with sliced gold and sweet potatoes with and without thinly sliced onion or green onions.  With a pastry bottom and lid and with just the pastry bottom. With and without cheese. With different herbs-whatever was on hand.   (I used a spring form pan for mine-makes a nice presentation) yum.

Nothing grand here for dinner tonight---  Tortellini/Cannellini/Kale soup.  :)

A simple bolognese pasta with some mushroom, sausage and chicken inserted into the sauce. 

Meatloaf baked with barbecue sauce and bacon on top.  Served with Parmesan roasted new potatoes (small) with olive oil and dill.  

jen being adventurous because next to no food in house = 'kinda soup' and actually not bad surprisingly. better hot than cold

coconut milk, riced sweet potato, corn, sweet potato puree and cumin

I tried something new tonight. Yesterday evening I made mashed sweet potatoes out of my last two sweet potatoes.  Half a little sweet for my husband and half savory for me.  We had leftovers.  I used my savory ones for our lunch today and still had the sweet leftovers.  Can mashed sweet potatoes multiply?  As much as I love mashed sweet potatoes I did not want to see them again and the freezer is full.  So tonight I made Sweet Potato Biscuits for the first time.  I didn't have a set recipe I just added the sweet, sweet potatoes to a regular biscuit recipe and adjusted the flour and milk until the consistency was right.  YUM.  The texture was out of this world with just a hint of sweetness and flavor.  But I ended up with leftovers-again.   I have black beans soaking tonight so I guess we are having black beans and sweet potato biscuits tomorrow.  Those two little potatoes have been blessed and multiplied.  :) 

I hope all the  dinner folks are doing well and eating well as we stay home.  Take care!

might i ask anyone for gout food nonos. been several years last i looked up information for a neighbor. dad recovering from knee replacement and says two rounds of gout in a big toe. first i said red meat was out. i should just assume his lady friend ought to vegetarian-ize him? please message me some reputable sites to skim/scan through. i am not in research mode at the moment and afraid i would just give up after overwhelmed by commercial sites. thank you in advance

recently was hungry for inexpensive hot dogs so eating until tired of them

eightocci:

might i ask anyone for gout food nonos. been several years last i looked up information for a neighbor. dad recovering from knee replacement and says two rounds of gout in a big toe. first i said red meat was out. i should just assume his lady friend ought to vegetarian-ize him? please message me some reputable sites to skim/scan through. i am not in research mode at the moment and afraid i would just give up after overwhelmed by commercial sites. thank you in advance

Try this 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/gout-diet/art-20048524

eightocci:

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-gout-attacks-with-diet/

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Treating-Gout-with-Cherry-Juice/

You might have your dad look at these two sites.

My husband used to get debilitating bouts of gout. Since he went on a mostly plant based diet and added a tablespoon or so of cherry concentrate to his diet daily he hasn’t had a bout in years. 

so cherry but not black forest cake then aha i see X)

dad not too picky of an eater. sure he can follow eating rules if/when he gets relief

thanks to you both. will check this during break between episodes. at first thought messages might be better but i might accidentally delete and here instead part of a thread will be here. fixed my problem before i got it. thanks again ;)

eightocci:

Haven't had hot dogs in ages but bought some recently during the last trip to the grocery store (since we had some buns at home). Made for an easy and enjoyable dinner. 

I should visit here more often...tonight is salmon with a little olive oil, butter, fresh garlic, salt and pepper broiled in the oven, a tomato and cucumber salad made with fresh lemon and lime juices, salt and pepper only...really delicious, and of course, rice which I make all the time and use turmeric to make it a pretty yellow color.