Spaghetti Bolognese  [With ground veal-tomato sauce, with carrots, onions, garlic, spring onions & parsley, as well as the usual spices I add to these sauces (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, black pepper, cumin, paprika, allspice, orange peal, bay leaf), plus thyme and sage leaves. But with added mildly hot horn green peppers (I bought these yesterday, they're a native variety, I'm addicted already lol)!] 

A lazy salad with various lettuces, rocket leaves, raisins, and walnuts, with an orange-white vinegar-olive oil dressing.

Dinner-Homemade pizza with sausage, pepperoni, red bell peppers, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, homemade sauce and an olive oil, herb and parmesan brushed crust.  I may never eat another eat another pizza out again.  yum.

Edit-We had leftover pizza dough and ended up making cinnamon/sugar twisted knots for dessert.  Very good.  :)

The Butterfly:

Dinner-Homemade pizza with sausage, pepperoni, red bell peppers, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, homemade sauce and an olive oil, herb and parmesan brushed crust.  I may never eat another eat another pizza out again.  yum.

That sounds yummy! I can't even remember when it was the last time I made homemade pizza... But can you explain this parmesan brushed crust? Do you mean like filled with parmesan inside the crust of the pizza?

Went to Korean bakery yesterday....had various pastries (breads) for dinner. For research.....

P.s. Even brought home a loaf of chestnut bread that I've seen mentioned in a couple dramas. 

Estelll is the Night Sky:

That sounds yummy! I can't even remember when it was the last time I made homemade pizza... But can you explain this parmesan brushed crust? Do you mean like filled with parmesan inside the crust of the pizza?

My son likes stuffed crust pizzas I lean more toward that they are an abomination.  :D After we shaped our pizza dough on the baking tray we brushed an olive oil, garlic, herb, spice mixture over the rim of the dough (what shows after baking) and then dusted that part with grated parmesan.  Then we put on the fillings in  the middle of the pizza.  I should add that I sauté my veggies for a couple of minutes to not make them squishy but to soften them up a little and it adds the most wonderful flavor to the pizza.  Back to the crust, the recipe we used this time has a tendency to really rise and the rim rose up thicker than we would normally make it, but the mistake turned out tasty.  The crust was soft and bread like on the inside and the outside was flavorful and crisp with the seasonings and parm coating and the middle had a beautiful golden bottom without being soggy.  

It was really good but I think we are having vegetable and fruit smoothies today for lunch to balance things out.  ;)

While I'm here @JOANNESMITH-how did your Korean pastry research go?

@The Butterfly:   “While I'm here @JOANNESMITH-how did your Korean pastry research go?”

It went welI, i  “researched” ( :D ) more this morning with my coffee.  The loaves of bread and the pastries are all made with a really tender sweet bread flour of some  kind.  I bought one pastry with sweet read beans inside that i havent tried yet.   

I also went to a huge Lotte Korea/asian grocery store yesterday.  I think i bought everything I've ever seen cooked in a drama! 

had some amazing (if i may say so myself ) paneer biryani made by me :))

The Butterfly:

Re: Lemon Chickpea Soup

A bunch of the recipes I saw on line called for oregano so that's the herb I used and I did use cornstarch for the thickener.  I don't have a pressure cooker so I just used a regular pot.  My husband loved this soup.  It was even better the next day!  

I love rosemary.  I'll have to use it next time.  :)

https://www.realgreekrecipes.com/greek-chickpea-soup/

• 500 grams dried chickpeas soaked in water overnight
  • 1 large  onion minced
  • 2 small garlic cloves minced (I used way less garlic because of you know who)
  • 180 grams olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano (I didn't use this much oregano)
  • 1/2 lemon juiced

sounds so good...will try this one

coffee and cookies for morning hihi^^

Pasta and some ice-cream (for dessert)

Saturday night we tried a new Mexican restaurant that is carry out only.  Everything was really good and it was the best queso I've ever had.  Still stresses me out with all the switching everything to plates and bowls, deconning, and washing my hands a dozen times and reheating food, but it was worth it to do it for my son.  :)

For Sunday brunch my husband gave my son and me a pineapple cherry pancake recipe he wanted for Father's Day.  We had the wrong kind of pineapple so my son and I caramelized the chunks in butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.  We spent two hours experimenting with cherry pancakes, pineapple pancakes, cherry and pineapple pancakes and pancakes where we incorporated the pineapple caramel.  In the end we had a variety of pancakes (I stuck with plain) and served the caramel pineapple mix on the top.  Basically pineapple upside down pancakes served right side up with a cherry on top.  They were actually better than I'm making them sound.   :)

Today was the day I begged my body for forgiveness and had a fruit/veggie/nut smoothie for lunch and kale, veggie and lentil soup for dinner.❤

I just had some Reese's cereal because I'm lazy. lol

Slow cooker chicken soup with egg noodles,  and biscuits on the side.