kayla:
vegan 순두부찌개 (sundubu-jjigae)!

i love cooking korean food, but i’m vegan so i modify traditional recipes to be vegan. 

My husband and I are not strict vegetarians but try to eat plant based around 80% of the time.  Anytime you want to share your vegan Korean recipes I would love to see them!  :)

The Butterfly:

My husband and I are not strict vegetarians but try to eat plant based around 80% of the time.  Anytime you want to share your vegan Korean recipes I would love to see them!  :)

I love that!

https://thekoreanvegan.com is a great resource for plant based korean recipes. 

My personal recipe for sundubu-jjigae is one I came up with through modifying a couple traditional recipes. 

I start by adding 2 tablespoons gochugaru (red pepper flakes), the white/light green parts of 6 green onions, 6 minced garlic cloves (I like a lot of garlic, but this can be lowered by preference), and 2 tablespoons of sesame oil into a pot over medium heat. Stir and cook for around 2 minutes, then add in 1/2 cup (vegan) kimchi. Stir and cook for another minute. Then I add in 1 1/4 cup water, along with some dried kombu. You could also use vegan dashi made from shiitake mushrooms here. Then I stir in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, along with a combination of 1 tablespoon red miso and 1 tablespoon ume plum paste (or ume plum vinegar) to imitate fish sauce. Although, you can make homemade vegan “fish” sauce and use that instead. Let that come to a boil, and then add in your soft tofu! Once it’s boiled for a few minutes, turn off the heat, (use tongs to remove kombu), toss in the green parts of the green onions, and you’re done. Serve with rice, of course.  

The Butterfly:
Preaching to the choir sister! :D But that's how his mama did it so it's gospel.

I bet dieticians love him, though!

The Butterfly:
I'm not as crazy about them but I do enjoy roasted potatoes (tossed in olive oil with herbs).

Do you ever put lemon in your potatoes? 'Cause I'm curious now if it's only us here, or even just me, lol!

The Butterfly:
The dinner you had tonight sounds delightful! Does your mom know you prefer your ex-MIL's or do you stay quiet about that? ;)

I may have b!tched about it to my father when my mother was asleep, lol!! :D I only asked her how come she didn't put avgolemono (egg-lemon) in it, and the answer I got was that there weren't any eggs left, which was perfectly understandable (since it was Sunday so stores closed).

Estelll:
Do you ever put lemon in your potatoes? 'Cause I'm curious now if it's only us here, or even just me, lol!

In this area we don't use a lot of lemon except to give a quick squeeze over some veggies or fish.  @Penel gave me a recipe for Greek chickpeas and lemon soup/stew last year, which I followed as best as possible.  We'd never had that much lemon in a main dish before, but hubby went back for seconds!  One of these reasons I love this forum is the new ideas I get.  We'll have to try some lemon with potatoes next time.   :)

Mom's don't like to have their cooking compared.  Or wives.  Speaking of those bland beans, I'd never made beans in my life until I got married.  The first time I made them I followed my husband's instructions exactly.  His first comment, "These don't taste like my mama's"  to which I lovingly replied, "unless you are going to move back home so that your mama can cook for you, next time you make them so you can show me how your mama made them."   Never heard another complaint after that time.  LOL

Momochan:

:(  

Why the sad face?

Vegetable gyoza, rice, with yukari seasoning

Vegetable Barley Soup.

Ravioli pasta with garlic, tomato sause. 

it was yummy :)

It's Super Bowl Sunday!  

I made a new queso that is a heart attack dipped in a stroke with a side of cardiac arrest.  Guacamole.  Refried Beans.  Chips and tortillas.

If my blood hasn't congealed inside my veins I'll see you all Monday.  :)

Rice with azuki, chicken and miso soup it was delicious!!

Momochan:

That's an interesting food.

I haven't had any food yet. So, I don't know. lol

Shoyu Ramen with lots of veggies and chicken,it was absolutely amazing :)

I ordered a small bag of frozen corn the other day and when we got home with our grocery pick-up I had two large bags of frozen corn!  What's a girl to do?  I've never had nor made corn chowder.  Can't say that any more!  Made corn chowder without the cream and cheese, but did have some bacon bits and chives to sprinkle on top.  Thickened it with some corn starch.  Not bad. :)

Next time I think I'll make a regular veggie soup and use the pulsed up corn in it, see how it works.