The power of reading books and writing to heal and teach tolerance.  Good read.

An interesting read, I didn't find it as life altering as a lot of reviewers did.  The writing could be a little pretentious at times.  I'm in and will finish the trilogy.

I also finished a book on early Christian mss and variations of early Christianity.  

Hello hello folks. Novellas have saved me once again.

In August I read the next book in the Murderbot Diaries  series by Martha Wells, which was Rogue Protocol. I'm going to be honest, this wasn't my favorite.  While the series is fun, sometimes its a bit over descriptive of Murderbot's environment and all the things she's keeping track of. Still there's always something dropped into these books that I enjoy. Murderbot just has an interesting perspective.

I finished the last two books of the Broken Earth trilogy in September.  The books were dark but engrossing.  

This last book was about how democracies have to keep evolving or die.  And also be ever vigilante regarding minority parties who use "legal" means to create authoritarian governments.

Hello folks! I read a bunch of novellas this month and I have a few more to go through. 

Thornhedge by  T Kingfisher was not bad. A peer of mine had introduced me to her work through her short story of the Jabberwoky (idk if im spelling it right) whuch I really loved. This novella didnt have the same feeling as that so I was a bit disappointed, but it was still pretty good and got me excited. 

Exit Strategy by Martha Wells  finally got our reunion between Murderbot and Dr. Mensa (though the reunion I actually crave is Murderbot with ART). The series is enjoyable but im starting to realize there is sometimes an over explanation of details. Still ill keep reading the series.

Flowers for the Sea by Zin E. Rocklyn. This was a good read but one I would hesitate to recommend.  It had a lot of scenes of labor (as in birth) and was just kind of odd. But its also a book im glad I read simply because it was different than what I usually go for. I will say the last scene is really what put it all together for me.

Fireheart Tiger by Aliette de Bodard started off promising as a political drama in a secondary world, but ended up feeling underwhelming. The politics that were at the forefront became background noise as it switched into a dark romance between the protagonist and her abusive ex girlfriend. There just wasnt enough emotional buildup for me in the resulting love triangle, which made the story end up feeling flat despite its depth in other areas. 

The Brides of High Hill by Nghi Vo. I mentioned this on the MyBookList feeds but this was a fun read. Im going to have to check out the rest of the Singing Hills series. Loved it!