Wandering_Queen:

*shooook* what school level is this? 

Undergrad!

LucianYaz:

It does my heart good to see so much reading going on! As for me, I haven't read anything since last week Monday. Well, I have been reading, but not for pleasure, though most of it is interesting. And, to add spice to it all, tonight I get to do peer assessments. 

The paper I'm checking now is a riot - claims thrown in with no source to support them, sentences lifted word-for-word from the textbook with no quotation marks/no intext citations, grammar issues, typos, the works. And this is just the first page! Yeah, not pleasurable but interesting :P

Hoping to do some pleasure reading on the weekend but, for now, I'll live vicariously through all of you :-)

sounds tiring ><

Wandering_Queen:

Its a murder mystery, it wasn't bad. Enjoyed the protagonist and other characters. Gave it a 3.5/5. I will likely read the next books in the series as well.

ok

Huff, I haven't made progress from 10 pages out of 144. :( 

I hope I can this weekend.

LucianYaz:

Undergrad!

That explains why they can't cite probably xD

JJChastity:

Maybe try picking up another book? I do that all the time when I am not in the mood for one book 

JJChastity:

reading slump is really a very personal thing, I've reading few pages a day but pretty far of feeling cured

Kapetria:

reading slump is really a very personal thing, I've reading few pages a day but pretty far of feeling cured

indeed. so difficult.

Wandering_Queen:

Maybe try picking up another book? I do that all the time when I am not in the mood for one book 

But it's the most interesting book out of bunch I have now T_T

JJChastity:

Just say to yourself that you'll read just one line everyday & believe me, you'll read more than that when you start. This technique is called "Kaizen" & it really works. Even if you don’t read more than a line or two, its still better than not reading at all. I think consistency matters more than quantity in building habits. 

Enjoy your reading time ❤

JJChastity:

indeed. so difficult.

But it's the most interesting book out of bunch I have now T_T

what kind of books are you interested in? I refer you to something else. It is my line of work after all xD

I don't think its a good idea force yourself to read

Another Stranger :

Just say to yourself that you'll read just one line everyday & believe me, you'll read more than that when you start. This technique is called "Kaizen" & it really works. Even if you don’t read more than a line or two, its still better than not reading at all. I think consistency matters more than quantity in building habits. 

Enjoy your reading time ❤

Thanks! I'll try to apply your tips.

Wandering_Queen:

what kind of books are you interested in? I refer you to something else. It is my line of work after all xD

well, I'm into non fiction. self improvement book, psychology, and stuffs. but the thing is I want to finish the book in my possession first that I left unattended for a long time.

Kapetria:

I don't think its a good idea force yourself to read

indeed, but at this rate, I'm not improving at all.

Ok I’m enjoying reading the poetry books I have chosen for the month of February. 

For March I decided, after watching a Cdrama realized I’ve never read Shakespeare, to read me some Shakespear! Don’t know why both of the high schools I attended had zero interest in showing us. (probably because I was in the ghetto lol)

Did you all have them in your curriculum in your schools?? Anyways for those of you that may help me in choosing which edition/or publishing house I should read the plays because I see interpretations vary. Thanks  advance!

JJChastity:
well, I'm into non fiction. self improvement book, psychology, and stuffs. but the thing is I want to finish the book in my possession first that I left unattended for a long time.

If you are set on finishing it.  I suggest you skim through it or read it out of order since it is a self-improvement book especially if each chapter has a title addressing something.

Seven :
For March I decided, after watching a Cdrama realized I’ve never read Shakespeare, to read me some Shakespear! Don’t know why both of the high schools I attended had zero interest in showing us. (probably because I was in the ghetto lol)

Shakespeare is the king of drama and hidden meaning. If you want a comedy  start with A Midsummer'Night's Dream. For Shakespeare, you may want to start off singular versions  instead of getting the giant omnibus (so heavy and hard to read the print at times). 

I had a lot of curriculum, most of it was rubbish but the best stuff still sticks with me.