Congrats @JJChastity for finishing your book!

I really wanted to read When Dimple met Rishi because of her IT background. Reviews are not good but still willing to sit through the dumpster fire.

Still finishing up The Hobbit (I'm quite slow since I am annotating my copy).

Knowing that I'll bee busy finishing up our thesis project, my reading list this April will only be small. These books are: 

- Artemis Fowl: The Opal Dececption by Eoin Colfer

- Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

-Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo

Lady Nimue:

I really wanted to read When Dimple met Rishi because of her IT background. Reviews are not good but still willing to sit through the dumpster fire.

Knowing that I'll bee busy finishing up our thesis project, my reading list this April will only be small. These books are: 

Wuthering Heights is a classic book! After reading this, I suggest you watch its movie adaptation with Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes, with the gripping music of Ryuichi Sakamoto :) 

penel:

Wuthering Heights is a classic book! After reading this, I suggest you watch its movie adaptation with Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes, with the gripping music of Ryuichi Sakamoto :) 

I'll sure do. 

Lady Nimue:

Thank you! Yeay! Finally, I finished a book.

Out of your list,

I love Wuthering Heights, the madness of the love story by Emily Bronte.

JJChastity:

Thank you! Yeay! Finally, I finished a book.

Out of your list,

I love Wuthering Heights, the madness of the love story by Emily Bronte.

Just finished Jane Eyre and I've seen that there are reader who either like Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights so I decided to check it out.

My update at the end of March:

Finished The Career of Nicodemus Dyzma. The book was extremely witty and at times hilarious, but overall it was a very sad read to me. The author managed to capture the long-gone image of Polish society filled with romantic women, interesting language, idiots, and ruthless careerists. The main protagonist was not a villain by any means but an opportunist who took the initiative and advanced up a rotten social ladder.

This is my pick for April. I wanted to check it out for a long time, but its size always discouraged me:

I didn't finish the book I planned to read this month because I suddenly lost the energy to read non-fiction. I did finish some fiction, though.

Good Neighbors by Sarah Langan. It's about a gated community of some sort, which was rocked by tragedy. Suspicion and finger-pointing ensue, and prejudice is revealed in the process.

I read two Georgette Heyer's books, Cotillion, which became an instant favorite, and The Foundling, which was just okay, I think. As much as I enjoyed Heyer's work, reading them back to back was not a good idea :p.

This was my first time reading Heyer books that feature nice heroes who help people just out of the goodness of their heart and not because they're looking for amusement (which was the case in her books that I read previously).
Points and Lines (Ten to Sen) is a novella by the master of Japanese crime fiction, Matsumoto Seicho. If you're familiar with his work, you'd know that his detectives do a lot of grunt work. Interviewing witnesses, collecting evidence, following false leads, hitting dead ends, etc.

Train timetable features prominently in this story--some might get sick of it, but I loved it.
Asako Serizawa is Japanese but this is written in English. It's basically a collection of short stories, each focusing on an individual (or individuals) who is a member of the same extended family. Some stories happen in the past, some in the present, and some in the future.

It's an ambitious project that tries to explore how memories and personal history entwine with each other; and how each individual's place history is part accident of birth and part made by the individual itself.

For April, I'm going to read Second Sister by Hong Kong writer Chan Ho-kei and at least one non-fiction book. I hope I can muster the energy to engage with non-fiction work next month :p

hello Friends, 

this month I got 3 books that I’ll read.

art of war - Sun Tzu

why do nations fail - Daron Acemoglu, James Robinson

tractatus logico-philosophicus - Ludwig Wittgenstein (still not purchased)

Bye:

hello Friends, 

this month I got 3 books that I’ll read.

art of war - Sun Tzu

why do nations fail - Daron Acemoglu, James Robinson

tractatus logico-philosophicus - Ludwig Wittgenstein (still not purchased)

Welcome @Bye! [it somehow sounds like a joke, hehe]

Art of War by Sun Tzu is a book I'll definitely read someday...

So I've already wrote a post with my thoughts about Marcel Proust's Swann's Way, but it got deleted by MDL's bot, so I'm not going to rewrite all of that  again lol. But yeah, I'm done with it.

Here are my books for April (pic is mnie because I don't want to risk another ban for posting pictures from "unreliable sources"):

Haruki Murakami Underground and Aleksandra Boćkowska Księżyc z peweksu: O luksusie w PRL (The moon from Pewex: about the luxury of PPR), both books are non-fiction, it's been my favorite genre for a while.

toxicbybritneyspears:

So I've already wrote a post with my thoughts about Marcel Proust's Swann's Way, but it got deleted by MDL's bot, so I'm not going to rewrite all of that  again lol. But yeah, I'm done with it.

Here are my books for April (pic is mnie because I don't want to risk another ban for posting pictures from "unreliable sources"):

Haruki Murakami Underground and Aleksandra Boćkowska Księżyc z peweksu: O luksusie w PRL (The moon from Pewex: about the luxury of PPR), both books are non-fiction, it's been my favorite genre for a while.

Haruki Murakami is one of my faves, but I haven't read Underground yet. Looking forward to your feedback :)

End of the month update: March 2021

Book selected for March: True Singapore Ghost Stories Book 26 , by the "masked novelist" Russell Lee (possibly alter ego or nom de plume) 

Thoughts: 

The 26th edition since the series began in 1989, and published 3 years after Book 25, this one follows a similar approach to his last ten or so books, where the format has evolved and been tweaked slightly over the years.

In addition to his own re-telling of well-known tales and personal experiences/ investigations, the book is a compilation of personal accounts by various people, including Singaporean locals, expatriates and foreign visitors.  

The compilation comprises supernatural events that occurred not only in Singapore but also in neighbouring Malaysia.  This includes tales of a family's encounter with the mythical Princess Walinong Sari, an expat incurring the wrath of the local Pontianak (Malay vampire), a visitor getting more than he bargained for during an excursion to Coney Island, the case of a mysterious parcel delivery on one fine day, and a few other urban legends.  In the 'Russell Lee Investigates' section, this time the author presents an exposition on the concept of Chinese Hell.  There are many sources on this topic (which counts as part of xuanhuan) but this version is a South East Asian Chinese understanding of the folklore and matches the imaginings of the 10 courts and 18 levels of Hell at Haw Par Villa which is a tourist attraction in Singapore that has existed for decades.

Interestingly, this book is categorised as non-fiction by Wikipedia  :D

Book selected for April: Robert Kuok, a Memoir

I've had this book since 2019, when I received it as a Christmas gift.  Now would be a good time to open it and start reading.  I don't really read autobiographies or biographies but I'm interested in the historical aspects of this local icon's life growing up in the period from WW2, through economic depression and up to how he made it big in the latter years.  

Completed in March: A murder is announced, The moving finger 

I selected And then there were none for this month but finished it already so I'll focus on academics this month since I have exams coming up.

All the three books were written by Agatha Christie and I loved reading them- especially "and then there were none" which I finished in two days lol. I'd highly recommend these books- Agatha Christie's works in general to anyone in love with crime/detective fiction like me :)

March was a month that my readings were mostly work-related (boring scientific stuff, almost every one of you would hate), so I didn't feel like reading my novels much... Hope April will be better!

March book title finished:

All In The Mind by Gene Henderson, recommended by @kaisrexci 2 weeks ago and almost half of my March pick, a greek bestseller book I've been meaning to read for quite some time:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7740916ac=1&from_search=true&qid=9d2ZfCooCg&rank=1

So, my reading goals for April are: 

1. to finish my 2nd March book and 

2. read "Hateship, Frienship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage: Stories" by Alice Munro:

I am reading the count of monte cristo and I guess I will be busy on this for April too.