Poia:

I am reading the count of monte cristo and I guess I will be busy on this for April too. 

A real Classic! If you're interested, there is a successful modern day adaptation j-drama, "The Count of Monte-Cristo: Great Revenge", based on this book :)

https://mydramalist.com/28053-monte-cristo

Hi! Nice to meet you all :)

I'm currently reading 'Beyond Freedom & Dignity' by B. F. Skinner

chillingindoors:

Hi! Nice to meet you all :)

I'm currently reading 'Beyond Freedom & Dignity' by B. F. Skinner

Welcome, dear friend! Glad you joint us xD

# drama-lovers book club: “A Book A Month”

Status in MARCH: SUCCEED, read 144 pages using 53 days from February to March 25th.

The book is very good believe me. It's just that my reading slump is severe. I barely read books for years. As for How to Get Things Done by Ann Jackman is the kind of book that we must get a copy for ourself, because it's a practical book to handle changes in our live and teach us many things to get them done, just like its title. I don't know if I still can find the book sold in the bookstore as I read borrowing a copy from the library.

❆ How to Get Things Done by Ann Jackman ❆ 

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/347664.How_to_Get_Things_Done

I know we sometimes only share our thought but I think I can give you guys a glimpse of what the book contains, just like last time. 

First chapter is To know yourself
What you want, your strength, weakness, and capability. If you want to make some changes, you should know whether it's something you are capable to make.

Second chapter is The key to succeed
  • Your motivation and willingness, 
  • Face your negativity in the inner voice, 
  • Your force to influence.
  • How to handle a conflict
  • Confrontation
  • To control your anger and frustration
  • Time priority and to control yourself
  • Efective Delegation
  • To handle stress
  • Maintain your high pride
Third chapter is Ten step to success
  • Identify your dissatisfaction
  • Identify your priority for change
  • To set and reach the goal
  • Identify and plan the first step
  • Review your goal and the first step
  • Evaluate other action
  • Get rid of your obstacle to success
  • To know you reach your goal
  • Avoid to return back
  • Study from failure and celebrate your success

Four chapter is Practical Practice 

The implementation of what's been learnt from the previous chapters.

As for a book in April that I wanna read is: (I wish I could read 2 books in April but we'll see)

❆ Manage Stress by James Manktellow ❆ 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2822312-manage-stress

I finished two books last month:

Crones Don't Whine-Jean Shinoda Bolen   (I just loved the title and for several years it kept popping up in different places so I decided to take the hint-short, good read for women of most ages)

The Gnostic Gospels-Elaine Pagels 

For April I'm thinking about reading Every Day is a Gift-Tammy Duckworth 

Books are like dramas, I won't know for sure which one I'll pick until I do.  :)

The Butterfly:

I finished two books last month:

Crones Don't Whine-Jean Shinoda Bolen   (I just loved the title and for several years it kept popping up in different places so I decided to take the hint-short, good read for women of most ages)

The Gnostic Gospels-Elaine Pagels 

For April I'm thinking about reading Every Day is a Gift-Tammy Duckworth 

Books are like dramas, I won't know for sure which one I'll pick until I do.  :)

Totally agree with this phrase! Perhaps that's one of the reasons why I couldn't finish my March book :)

The Butterfly:
Books are like dramas, I won't know for sure which one I'll pick until I do.  :)

Ha, so true! Oftentimes, I read/watch something quite different from what I planned. Case in point, for March, I listed 4 books I was planning to read from but I ended up only listening to the audiobook of The Alchemist by Paula Coelho. 

My friend mentioned an interesting quote from the book, and I checked the library for it, saw the audiobook narrator was Jeremy Irons and I was sold. I enjoyed the story of the protagonist's journey pursuing his 'personal legend', along with the magical realism mixed in. The ending was an unexpected but nice twist; has some good food-for-thought for the pursuit of our dreams.

I'm carrying the same four books into April ('cause I have no shame :D); I'm on vacation from today for a couple of weeks so I should make some headway. 

Happy reading, everyone!

JJChastity:
Status in MARCH: SUCCEED, read 144 pages using 53 days from February to March 25th.

Congrats on finishing your book! :-)

LucianYaz:

Ha, so true! Oftentimes, I read/watch something quite different from what I planned. Case in point, for March, I listed 4 books I was planning to read from but I ended up only listening to the audiobook of The Alchemist by Paula Coelho. 

My friend mentioned an interesting quote from the book, and I checked the library for it, saw the audiobook narrator was Jeremy Irons and I was sold. I enjoyed the story of the protagonist's journey pursuing his 'personal legend', along with the magical realism mixed in. The ending was an unexpected but nice twist; has some good food-for-thought for the pursuit of our dreams.

I'm carrying the same four books into April ('cause I have no shame :D); I'm on vacation from today for a couple of weeks so I should make some headway. 

Happy reading, everyone!

Enjoy your vacation time, your dramas and books!

LucianYaz:
My friend mentioned an interesting quote from the book, and I checked the library for it, saw the audiobook narrator was Jeremy Irons and I was sold.

Jeremy Iron's voice is indeed a good selling point.  :)

On my bookshelf I had all the books I wanted to read this year stacked and ready to go, then I watched an interview with Tammy Duckworth whose mother is Thai and her father was an American.  She grew up a "half child" in Thailand, always teased by extended family and others for being too tall and half white.  Unable to find enough work in Thailand her dad moved them to Hawaii but they were very poor.  She joined the military and became a helicopter pilot.  Her helicopter was shot down and she became the first female double amputee in the service.  After 23 years in the military she was elected as a US Senator.  Her life sounds fascinating and I can't wait to read about how she overcame adversity and thrived.  :)

Hi everyone, 

I haven't read books for a while but last week I picked up a book I started reading last year and two other books as well. Hope it's okay for me to join. 

My current reads are: 

Despite its title this is a biography about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the author who created Sherlock Holmes. 
Real-life stories about the life and work of a midwife

Yes, I'm in Sherlock fever as I rewatch the BBC Series currently. ^^

Welcome dear @moonchild!

Sherlock BBC Series is indeed one of the best series ever! We re-watched this a couple of times during family cinema-nights at home :)

[for a strange reason I couldn't quote your post...]

LucianYaz:

Congrats on finishing your book! :-)

Thank you, dear! ^-^

Happy vacation for you. Don't forget to bring the books with you.

Lady Nimue:

Congrats @JJChastity for finishing your book!

I really wanted to read When Dimple met Rishi because of her IT background. Reviews are not good but still willing to sit through the dumpster fire.

Still finishing up The Hobbit (I'm quite slow since I am annotating my copy).

Knowing that I'll bee busy finishing up our thesis project, my reading list this April will only be small. These books are: 

- Artemis Fowl: The Opal Dececption by Eoin Colfer

- Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

-Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo

The 3rd and the 4th book in the Artemis Fowl series were my favourite ones, so have fun with these!! (I never got to the 7+ book, since the 6th one -the one after The Lost Colony- was kind of a disappointment to me, and I'd also grow out of them I guess...)

Lady Nimue:

Just finished Jane Eyre and I've seen that there are reader who either like Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights so I decided to check it out.

That must be true, because I absolutely love Jane Eyre, but Wuthering Heights never really grabbed me, something about the hostile setting, the toxic characters/relationship, and/or the plot made me feel uncomfortable, so I never really enjoyed it (till probably the last part). Though I've no idea how I'd feel about it if I reread it now, almost 20 years later.

The reason I haven't updated with my March and/or April books is that I decided to only update when I finish books, or I make a lot of progress with one (like reading at least 50% of it), instead of when I start one. 

This is because I never had a problem with starting books -- in fact, during the last 2 years, I must have started more than a dozen, go 10-20 pages in, and then totally forget about them!!! 

So I now try to focus on 2-3 books at the time at most, and not look the other way -- but it's almost as hard as sticking to one drama or two at a time, lol!! :D

Hi there, just making the month update, I completed read Lights Out by the middle of March, but stopped reading anything in the rest of the month. That's the first book I complete since August of 2020,it felt fresh read non-fiction, the author made a very wide approach in his topic, but overall his ideas are hard to take seriously(United states staying months, even years without "lights", energy). 

The chapters about the many institutions who can "help us"(you know, The Walking Dead moto: live and let die tho ) if something like that happens, was quite interesting. the author even made a historical travel in some of them,  the one about The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Letter Days Saints, for example . The first chapters was more of my liking cause it was about data leakage,which we can see on the news daily, but this chapters had so many authorities names and their status quo that you get a little annoyed. 

Overall reminds me of Bruce Willis movie Live Free or Die Hard(I love this movie, I have the Dvd too LOL), you know the revengeful authority attacks some place who controls the energy around United States with hackers ability and New York goes crazy, and there is those few people who were ready with water and old radio transmitters! 

Yesterday I started "Rowling " suspense book The Cuckoo's Calling, I liked The Casual Vacancy,I'm still in the first pages of this one, but am liking it already! 

that's it, thanks for the attention!