Wandering_Queen:

Haven't been on in a while because I've been busy but did get a chance to binge read a bunch of idiotic plots with cliches and a strong lack of logic and communication skills. Fun.

Finished:

Currently Reading:

A bunch of Chinese Novels and currently somewhere in the middle of this book that I really don't know what the fuck it is on about:

TBR for APRIL:

A bit of a mess due to my mood. Sometimes I want something stupid, sometimes I want something trying to be serious, other times I toss a coin to see what I get.

I also picked up "Beach Read" and "The Hating Game." Definitely light reading, but sometimes you just need that.

Regarding "The Lady and the Highwayman", it is basically a cat and mouse game between two authors in Victorian times. One guy trying to find the mysterious author "Mr. King" because he is taking away his readers and therefore employing the help of a female well-know author. What he doesn't know: That female author, writing about ladies stuff during the day, leads a secret second life as the aformentioned Mr. King writing adventure/thriller/supernatural aka Penny Dreadfuls during the night.

So... basically a woman bound by social norms kinda fulfilling her dream of living the thing she can only write about at night... -ish...

Its You:

I guess  depression can be a hard topic for some people. I enjoyed the book and found it an easy read. I haven't  read any other books of her but just bought the Woman who Stole My Life to read next. Which books of her do you recommend? 

I recom Anybody Out There o/

There is not much to say about my June reads, Art of temptation  I'm near the half, with  43%  read, but has been days I don't open to read, the same goes to The dog stars, on page 58 now. 

I'm eyeing the new Nameless Dean Koontz  short stories tho:

Kapetria:

I recom Anybody Out There o/

Thanks I will check it out. 

only after getting into 10 days of a new month did I realise I had forgotten to update my previous month's reading. I read The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan (my rating: 7/10) and Death Comes At The End by Agatha Christie (my rating: 8/10).

for July I plan to finish reading an autobiography of Dr. Ida Scudder (I've been reading it for about a year lol) and probably get a break from binge reading Agatha Christie. planning to try a new author this month but I've not decided any specifics yet. happy reading my fellow book lovers :)

Hi, everybody, I'm new on this page  so let me briefly introduce the kind of books I read.
I read a little bit of everything except the horror genre even if I have read a few Stephen King books.
I mainly read books translated into French but that doesn't stop me from reading the English or Chinese versions when the French version is unavailable.
I started reading Korean books last year with Kim Jiyoung born  1982 and Pachinko.
Last month I finished the book Sodoma by Fréderic Martel. It is an essay on homosexuality in the Vatican. It's a non-judgmental book, without being racy, it's tinged with humour but above all it's very enlightening about the best kept an open secret of the Catholic Church at the heart of the various scandals of the last 50 years. Thanks 

ManUtiavN:

Hi, everybody, I'm new on this page  so let me briefly introduce the kind of books I read.
I read a little bit of everything except the horror genre even if I have read a few Stephen King books.
I mainly read books translated into French but that doesn't stop me from reading the English or Chinese versions when the French version is unavailable.
I started reading Korean books last year with Kim Jiyoung born  1982 and Pachinko.
Last month I finished the book Sodoma by Fréderic Martel. It is an essay on homosexuality in the Vatican. It's a non-judgmental book, without being racy, it's tinged with humour but above all it's very enlightening about the best kept an open secret of the Catholic Church at the heart of the various scandals of the last 50 years. Thanks 

Welcome welcome! And wow! Very interesting topic. Just added it to my plan to read list. 

Also! For those intrested, its scifi/fantasy week at goodreads. 

ManUtiavN:

Welcome! Like you, I read a little bit of everything, though horror is among my least fave genres.
Looking forward to hearing about your next book pick :)

ManUtiavN:

Welcome! I read a lot of Stephen King books when I was younger but now I no longer read or watch anything to do with horror. 

I'm interested in the Fréderic Martel book - is the English title called "In the Closet of the Vatican"? I checked my library and that's what I found.

LucianYaz, thanks :)

I can't quote your post but Yes Fréderic Martel book English title is In the Closet of the Vatican.

ManUtiavN:

LucianYaz, thanks :)

I can't quote your post but Yes Fréderic Martel book English title is In the Closet of the Vatican.

Thanks for confirming :)

Sassy queen:

I want to be a member

Welcome!