How do you put a "Book club" badge on my profile, in the past I copied the link and insert it but it doesn't work anymore.

Fati:

How do you put a "Book club" badge on my profile, in the past I copied the link and insert it but it doesn't work anymore. 

You have to  copy the link into the photo button, not just the regular link button. I sometimes make that mistake, is that what happened to you too?

Farihat:
The book I've picked up to read this month is 'One of Us Is Lying' by Karen M. McManus.

I've heard good things about this book from my daughter. Looking forward to your input :)

fiflydramalover:

You have to  copy the link into the photo button, not just the regular link button. I sometimes make that mistake, is that what happened to you too? 

Well, I can't make it work. I tried everything, paste by the image link, put a table and then paste in it ... But I've always had a problem with the images on this site and even though I've been there for a long time I still haven't really understood how it works. It doesn't matter I'll look into it more if I write an article. Thank you very much for your reply!

Hello can I join :>

Reno:

Hello can I join :>

Of course you can join our bookclub, dear friend! Welcome!

You can share with us your reading progress, comments and recommendations whenever you feel like it :)

penel:

Of course you can join our bookclub, dear friend! Welcome!

You can share with us your reading progress, comments and recommendations whenever you feel like it :)

Tysm and alright!

If you like to read very, very old books, you might want to try searching Project Gutenberg:
https://www.gutenberg.org  - I have been able to find Shakespeare, Thackeray, old books of fairy tales... I originally got involved with them when I volunteered with their Distributed Proofreaders group: https://www.pgdp.net/c/ - they are the group who convert the books online to free e-books. Just thought I'd mention in it, in case anyone is looking for a new hobby!

violetfleuri:
If you like to read very, very old books, you might want to try searching Project Gutenberg:
https://www.gutenberg.org 

Thanks for the input!
Actually I've been using Project Gutenberg for old scientific books that aren't easy to find :)
Such an interesting and helpful hobby you have!

my recap for  this month cause i don't think i'll be reading anymore as school is starting soon hhopefully i read the entire darker shade of magic series before then.

The Girl You Left Behind:
The second book of Jojo Moyes  (hopefully not the last) and it was stunning. definitely not as good as the giver of stars but it was really something. it follows 2 timelines one in  1917 and the other in 2006. I preferred the 1917 storyline it was much more interesting. overall a good read. probably give it 3.7/5.
How Europe Underdeveloped Africa: I have just started this but gosh it's so eye-opening. like I already knew Africa was being exploited in the present but to see how the gap has grown from the early and mid-1900s till now is very surprising. it's teaching me a lot about the social value of a developed state rather than just the economic value or the GDP of a country.

Alright here goes my month. I'm  less that 80 pages away from finishing a book I started in 2019, and I finished about half of it this month alone, so that's cool. For some reason I'm having trouble getting to the end. As per usual, I shall leave it unnamed to avoid jinxing it.

In the meantime, I finished a few relatively short reads.

This was a book that used a ton of footnotes, which was fun for me because I like footnotes. Especially when authors get real personal in the footnotes. Some of it was hard to keep track of though. There were a lot of people who did a lot of bad things. The writing was different than I'm used to as they were character dives, and I was waiting for the plot to come into play. But it was enjoyable. Didn't really like the way Oscar treated the women he liked though :/    
This was another one that my book buddy suggested. I'm so sad because I won't see him anymore. But anyway, the copy I picked up was the graphic  novel edition because that's the only one our library had. I thought it was interesting, and I could see why people would like it, but I'm not sure if it worked well in this format. The parallel universe aspect of it was really cool just because i think this book came out in the 70s or 80s, and I know that theme is becoming popular again with the Spiderverse, Dr. Strange, and Everything Everywhere All At Once movies of this year. Just felt like good timing to remind me that life is just a cycle of repeating patterns.
This was a short story anthology. I've been reading it off and on for probably at least half a year now. Some of the art was pretty. Not my favorite anthology, but it had some good moments.
A long time ago, someone recommended the webcomic to me and I ended up buying the book a year or two later. This month I had the pleasure of rereading it. I don't really keep up with the updates these days, I'm not even sure if it still updates online. I think I prefer reading it all together as a book instead of however often the updates were. Unsurprising since my drama habits are the same way.

A gripping book banned by local schools because of a recent law banning anything being taught that might make (white) kids feel uncomfortable about race.  Made me immediately put it at the top of my reading list.  It's the true story of the Osage tribe back in the 1920's who were relegated to an almost useless rocky chunk of land.  Oil was found on their property making many of them rich overnight.  Unfortunately, they were being murdered for others to acquire those hereditary rights.  The newly formed FBI finally arrived on scene to investigate those involved in the sinister murderous web.

Hi, guys. I hope everyone is well.

I read a couple of books in August, but I only managed to finish one, which is a middle-grade book called Aru Shah and the City of Gold. It's the fourth in the series about a group of adolescent girls who are the reincarnations of legendary Pandava Brothers. It's fast-paced, funny, and more importantly, well-written (I've read too many middle-grade and young adult books to realize that it's not always the case).

Book Update for August-September:

August was a vacation month for me, so I didn't read or watch much, but met friends and relatives and spent time with family instead!

This month, I  finished Sebastian Fitzek's book "Das Geschenk" (ΑΝΑΛΦΑΒΗΤΟΣ=analphabetic  or illiterate), an interesting, clever and 'manipulative' story, but not so gripping as his previous books.

Currently reading  Kazuo Ishiguro's "Klara and the Sun", that tells the story of a quirky “artificial friend” to a sick young girl in a dystopian future.

4,5/5 stars
currently reading

Have a great reading month and enjoy autumn, dear Book Club family!
Looking forward to your reading updates and recommendations :)

Thanks to vacation in August, also got 2 books done =>

Martha Wells book is the second one of the Killerbot series, I think in English it is published in more books than in the German version. I already liked the first one, classic SciFi space odyssey with an all-too-human funny security-killer-robot and the adventures fighting with evil space enterprises and their doings. I'd give it like 4.0 out of 5.0.

Kawaguchi's book (english: before the coffee gets cold) is a wonderful slice-of-life + time-travel book covering four different protagonists/settings where people got the chance to travel in time and meet somebody in a cafe for a short time and talk to them, while knowing nothing will change in the future...but is that actually true ? Should be made into a drama :-) 5.0 out of 5.0.  

@Kura2Ninja: Aru Shah sounds interesting, did you also read the former books ? Are they as good ?