burhaa aadmi:

The two Durkin books were very enjoyable reads, and I was pleasantly surprised that the Oxford English Dictionary's chief etymologist took the time to reply to an email I sent him with a query about the book

:O that is so cool! Must have been a good question ^_^

fiflydramalover:

:O that is so cool! Must have been a good question ^_^

It was asking whether the "Loanwords" book would get an update. :D

Reading books like those is one reason I love using my Kobo Sage ereader.  Kindle does not offer an erader of the same size, an 8-inch screen, and I find those 8 inches helpful when reading eight books, like I am now. 

This month I only finished Sandman Volume 3. I was surprised by how different it felt from the show. Hmm... something about the self-contained stories and the art style just has a vibe I appreciate better I think. And maybe the dialogue style? Hmm... and probably also the way the protagonists rotate between stories. The Sandman feeling more like a reoccuring side character who lurks in the shadows with occasional appearances gives him a feeling that felt more interesting to me than him being the main protagonist in the show. Now granted, maybe in earlier issues he's a more central character, I'm not sure as I've only read volume 3, but yeah those were my thoughts from this month. 

Also I somehow missed If You'll Have Me last month so I'm adding it here. This was a really cute GL that I absolutely loved. Its got the soft vibes and is adorable and honestly it kinda falls into some dramaland tropes, but it was just really cute and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Being an avid reader, I often struggled to find time for my hobby in a busy study schedule. However, my recent discovery of https://ibwritingservice.com/ has allowed me to balance my studies and immerse myself in the joy of reading successfully. I'm so glad about this.

How do I join? Do I just mention the books I read each month?

Sheeeesh:

Pretty much, look at Pennel's first post.

"Everyone is welcomed to join at any time and post the book titles they picked for reading – and perhaps 1-2 phrases about their thoughts about them."

Welcome! 

An unexpectedly slow day on my WFH job meant I was able to get my 2024 reading off to a good start by finishing these 5 - The Sri Lanka poetry anthology was VERY tough reading!

I'm joining in on the fun as I want to read more this year :-)

I hope this will motivate me ^^

January book I picked : Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik :-D. I liked a lot her book "Uprooted" and I'm curious to read this one. Especially with the cover giving me wintery vibes *______*

Heracin:

I'm joining in on the fun as I want to read more this year :-)

I hope this will motivate me ^^

January book I picked : Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik :-D. I liked a lot her book "Uprooted" and I'm curious to read this one. Especially with the cover giving me wintery vibes *______*

Welcome to our Drama Book Family, dear friend !
I hope 2024 will be a good reading year for all of us

Sheeeesh:

Welcome to our Drama Book Family, dear friend!
As @kmnkary has already mentioned, there's nothing special you need to do: just post anything about the books you've read, or ask/give any recommendations.
Looking forward to your input!

my goal for this year is to finish 15 books! what is your goal? 

Thanks for the welcome @Penel :-D 

@cdramaqueen: my objective for the year is to finish 12 books ^^ (1 by month :) more if I can but I prefer to not aim for the moon and maybe reach the stars XD who knows ^^)

cdramaqueen:

Last year I succeeded in my goal to cut my reading in half from 2022 (from 454 books to 229, ~160,000 pages to 73,000), and this year, I've set another reduction target - all to leave more time for Dramas. :) 

cdramaqueen:

I don't know when I started this, but I always try to read the number of books corresponding to the second pair of numbers of the year (2020, 20 books; 2022, 22 books...), it's been a success so far. This year the goal is 24 books, but I would like to read even more. 

My last read (I finished it yesterday) was The Strange Life of Sally Diamond, and wow, guys. I don't know if it's something that can be recommended, there are MANY triggers. If anyone has this book on their list, I'll leave it here under spoiler marking.

abuse (child, sexual, psychological and physical); pregnancy due to rape; misogyny; prejudice (homophobia, racism, sexism and psychophobia); kidnapping of a minor; Stockholm syndrome; possible Munchausen Syndrome; situation of captivity (private prison); suicide; physical torture; post-traumatic disorder (PTSD). 

kmnkary:

I don't know when I started this, but I always try to read the number of books corresponding to the second pair of numbers of the year (2020, 20 books; 2022, 22 books...), it's been a success so far. This year the goal is 24 books, but I would like to read even more. 

My last read (I finished it yesterday) was The Strange Life of Sally Diamond, and wow, guys. I don't know if it's something that can be recommended, there are MANY triggers. If anyone has this book on their list, I'll leave it here under spoiler marking.

abuse (child, sexual, psychological and physical); pregnancy due to rape; misogyny; prejudice (homophobia, racism, sexism and psychophobia); kidnapping of a minor; Stockholm syndrome; possible Munchausen Syndrome; situation of captivity (private prison); suicide; physical torture; post-traumatic disorder (PTSD). 

The spoiler tags didn't work :)