Good afternoon.

Please could you recommend series that have female characters similar to Wei Ying Lou from Story Of Yanxi Palace?

I'm looking for her to be smar (clever or strong also works for me) and capable from the first moment she is introduced to us or to develop satisfactorily. 

I want her character to not end up being ruined by the script (for example, Feng Zhi Wei from The Rise Of Phoenixes. She was smart, but in the last fifteen chapters, the writing turned her into a clumsy woman).

I'm also interested in the answers. I've seen series that have the "smart female lead" tag, but they always end up being underutilized. Male characters, on the other hand, don't have inconsistencies as often. I recently finished watching "The Long Ballad" and I am not happy with the writing of the characters presented as smart. I feel like they were only like this when it was convenient to the plot. Like Arisu from Alice In Borderland.

Historical-

Modern-

If you're looking for that kind of palace drama with strong female lead, I recommend

Empress Ki
Dong Yi
Queen Seon Duk
Legend of Fu Yao
Princess Agents

Thanks for sharing them. :)  I am so glad I found your post.

Thanks for the list. I'll let you know if I find out anything. When looking for a dissertation writer to help me finish my job as a student, I came across this article on the website https://uk-dissertation.com/.

Nothing gold can stay. Smart business woman who remained smart throughout the drama 

Zhao Pan'er from 'A Dream of Splendor' and Zhen Huan from 'Empresses in the Palace/ The Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan' and Minglan from ' The Story of Minglan'. I am a long time fan of The story of Yanxi Palace, it is my favorite drama of all time so naturally I have been searching desperately for anything that can even slightly compare ever since first watching it.  

As for 'A Dream of Splendor' I am just over halfway through and I am loving it. It has a very different storyline compared to Yanxi Palace but the the female lead is giving Wei Yinglou energy! She is so smart but doesn't show all of her cards  until she needs to, she doesn't take bs from anyone. 

Zhen Huan is a bit more similar to Yanxi Palace in that is is a palace drama. Her slow journey to the top, the scheming in the harem, and once again she is smart. She learns fairly quickly how to adapt to harem life and she slowly becomes colder and more decisive and calculating. The saga that she goes through makes her more and more like Yinglou and that was one of my favorite things about her. 

Of course everyone recommends 'The Story of Minglan' when people ask for Yanxi Palace comps, and they aren't wrong. This is also a good show. Minglan is definitely a strong character who is very capable and will get things done. And her growth is beautiful and heartbraking so that of course reminds me of Yinglou and her perseverance. 

I hope you can find something you like from these!