Anyone else catch the WBC? The Japan-USA championship game is one for the ages, if only for the final AB: Ohtani vs teammate Mike Trout.

However for my money, the more classic contest was the semi-final against Mexico. This game had it all: lead changes, clutch home runs, and a walk off that was the ultimate redemption.

it was such an awesome series. Though I only watch highlights, man Trout and Shohei needs to be in the playoffs. they were awesome the big stage. They shined at that manga-like fantasy-like 9th inning...

But I have to agree, the Japan-Mexico Semi's were definitely such an epic battle and story. Plus it was fun watching Shohei playing opposite bestie Sandy.

Anyone had a chance to see the documentary? Looking forward to seeing this on blu ray/4K UHD!

Finally got a chance to watch the documentary. Anyone with a passing interest in the World Baseball Classic this past spring and cursory fans of Samurai Japan will enjoy the movie. 

I'll say it again: Manager Kuriyama should be awarded one of those Japanese government medals or something for his work bringing the trophy back to Japan.

TBS is going to air a live special on THE sports event of 2023: The World Baseball Classic and the Samurai Japan champions. I mean, it's almost SEVEN (7) hours long. Hope I can get a recording of it...

FYI the SIX-hour, 45-minute WBC special on New Years Eve was something. Gotta admit: I finished this one before the NHK Kohaku. Plenty highlights, including some old footage from the 2006 and 2009 championship runs, new footage with Japan's favorite Nikkeijin, Lars Nootbaar, and banter with Ichiro and Yu Darvish. Great stuff if you can't get enough of Japan's greatest sports story of the year.

https://www.tbs.co.jp/program/wbc2023sp_20231231/