Hey guys, 

I'll be travelling to Seoul all by myself in February, and was wondering if any of you has experience and some advice regarding eating alone in Seoul? From what I understand, this could become quite a challenge. Every bit of helpful information is welcome! And if any of you happen to be in Seoul in the first two weeks of February, and looking for a dining partner, you can leave me a message as well. :') 

Most places will serve people eating alone. There will be exceptions - BBQ places for example might have minimum serving of two - but you'll be fine if you go for bibimbap, stews, soups etc.

It will be really helpful to download a restaurant app to your phone to see what's closeby. ^^ (Not sure what's the best... I had wingspoon but apparently it has been shut down so... Mangoplate, maybe?)
I have been to Korea 4 times travelling alone. I did not encounter any problems at all eating on my own. In one restaurant, the owner sat down at the table with me and started chatting with me (once she found out I could speak a reasonable amount of Korean). So, don't worry about it, you'll be fine. 
From my experience, it's sometimes a problem. I used to live in Hongdae and I was too shy to go out and eat mostly because I did'nt speak korean, so I was only living by konbini food or very quick take away, and waited my friends to finish work to have a proper meal with them. I am usually very outgoing social person but i found it very intimidating here. Lots of people  staring at you especialy if you're a bit pretty of blonde. If you speak korean or you're asian you should be more easy. This is my experience, my girl friends speaking korean and my guys friends non korean speaker found it easier than me. enjoy.
Yeah, the staring does take a bit of getting used to. I am a white westerner, and was stared at all the time, even in Seoul. It was a bit intimidating going onto the subway, as practically everyone would stare. 
Oh, I didn't notice the reactions. Thanks guys! 

I already got some experience with the staring.. It's not only blondes that seem to be interesting, white westerners with sort of red curly hair are new to them as well. At least, that's what I've experienced in Taipei. Even after a week I couldn't get used to it. Especially the younger children that are staring at you with their mouth open. 

But I'll try to ignore that. But it's more that I have read various things on the internet that restaurants could refuse to give you a table because you're alone. I guess I don't have to worry about it that much. 

I'll look into the app as well Fira. Thanks for the hint & info!
If you try not to go to some of the more packed restaurants at peak times, you will be ok. I  tend to go to the little local restaurants with simple food when I am on my own, and they are always delighted for the custom. I only go to the bigger, more popular restaurants when I am going out with my Korean friends. 
Just ask at restaurant, they probably won't try to lose a customer.
I didn't travel in Asia yet, but anywhere you go people stare at you. Because of different skin pigmentation, hair colour, or if they sniff out you are a foreigner or find you captivating they will stare, especially in areas where they are not used to tourist. Just be confident and don't judge them, pretend they are thinking you are beautiful, act like it doesn’t bother you or wear big sunglasses :)
@RalphK Wierd, I was there like 2 weeks ago and haven't noticed such "all staring" reaction... Kids, yes maybe, but there were mostly saying "Hello" and wanting a photo. Only once noticed old grampa staring. :P
@Lorell. I take it that you are a white westerner as well then? Honestly, I had loads of people staring all the time. Maybe it's just me then, maybe I look odd. One of my Korean friends said that I was imagining things, until we were out walking one day, and she admitted to me that yes lots of people were staring at me. It was especially noticeable on the subway, but even walking round the shops many people would stare. It's even worse when you go out of Seoul. I tend to go to places that don't see many western tourists, and in those places you really get stared at. I have to say, though, that after a few days you get used to it, and it doesn't bother you any longer.