Simon and Martina Stawski, high school teachers in Canada, moved to South Korea in 2008 to teach English. They started a vlog as way of reassuring their parents that they were OK and now they are so popular that their YouTube channel is the 18th most subscribed in South Korea. After forming a partnership with YouTube they later resigned from their respective schools to devote their full energies to Eat Your Kimchi. They started the vlog at a time when very few in South Korea were using blogs or vlogs. They were among the first to seriously discuss Korean popular music and culture.
I have no idea why these people still have a following. Actually, I do know why. I just wish the reason weren't so eye-roll inducing.
I love to watch Eat Your Kimchi videos. I'm not the biggest fan of their Kpop Music Mondays, but I am a big fan of all their other segments. I think they help people see a more realistic Korea.
I love watching their TL;DR's and WANK's
Here is the original discussion thread. I will ask for them to be merged. :)

http://mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?2148-Eat-your-kimchi!
I love all of their videos.. Especially the oooh you so nastyy& the I'm not ugly I'm EXOTIC :D
I love their videos :D
@boredandtwitchy 
...because people are actually interested in the culture of Korea? I totally agree! SOOOO eye roll inducing. ._. (Sarcasm)
I know that post is from last year but it irritates me and I only saw it just now.
Of course they may had some questinable actions but i personally dont think they deserve the hate they get from kpop fans.i enjoy their videos.some people are able to find someting offending from everything
I love Simon and Martina. I wasn't aware they were problematic until I visited tumblr. I can understand why they stopped doing Music Mondays now. The backlash probably became too much for them.