i saw some comments on another forum stating that they thought this drama should be rated r due to the frequency and type of cursing.  just to let people know, some of the words that were translated into english as curse words on viki were not actually curse words in korean. some of the words and sounds that were translated have multiple implied meanings depending on the context of the conversation. sometimes sounds that are similar to pfft, sighs, tongue clicking get translated into english curse words depending on the platform. i think some of the translations were done to show more frustration or different implied meanings, but they weren’t actual curse words. there was one translation where the person said in korean, “oh really” with a tongue clicking noise and deep inhaling to show frustration, and it was translated in english as “god damn it. geez shit.” so just be aware that not all translations are completely accurate or literal, and some are done to exaggerate or to help convey the feeling more intensely. i’ve noticed this on other dramas also not just this one.

Thanks for sharing this. You're so right to say that context is so important when translating any language. Whoever is writing subtitles is using their own experiences of this language and then expressions from their native language/ another language (which are not always widely used either). It can all be a little subjective so we shouldn't assume the translations are matched exactly with the original lines. It's another reason that developing some understanding of a culture and its language is so worthwhile.