Still think big bro is alive and probably part of a side job in the mountains. Prince Yue maybe part of it too.

Maybe the one brother who left that night took the girl assassin with them, disguised as a solider? Whatever happened to her? Or did I miss something?

Nah she’s dead. But who sent him away and why? But he’s back now and it’s them 2 creeps against Ziyu and the walking comedy club sister. 

About why ShangJue went out that night, it appears he was sent to investigate HanYi's (or whatever that lady name was) family background as she was involved in some kind of internal power scheme (As far as I remember). It's possible ZiYu's dad sent him to investigate or it was ShangJue's own decision to go fix the info he presented that seemed to be incomplete after it was revealed by Hong Yu that she was some sort of spy and her background is not what it seems. 

Wei Shan not being on a higher position than a Chi may have to do with that girl that survived with her when she first came into WuFang. And no, that is not Shangguan, but Yun Que (played by Ai Mi). I do think they are related somehow. This can also explain why she is so cold blooded and her question of "do we have mercy" towards Shangguan. It strengthens the theory she is a chi  because she doesn't wanna kill innocent people and is a kind person herself.

As for who the mastermind is, I doubt it is ShangJue and his brother, as they don't have that much power to execute what is to come. As far as we know WuFang and namely Shangguan and Yun Wei Shan did not kill ZiYu's father and HongYu, it seems more an act of an internal power scheme by someone higher up in their organisation. Also this is only my opinion and deductions, it can be wrong at any and every point as we are only 4 episodes in.

Alicetcfwl:
e was sent to investigate HanYi's (or whatever that lady name was) family background as she was involved in some kind of internal power scheme (

Who? The other Wufeng girl, Zheng Nan Yi? Or the one that was poisoned? Sorry, I'm forgetting

Alicetcfwl:
I do think they are related somehow.

People suspect that the ring/necklace that was around A'yun's neck belongs to her. I think her not leveling up has to do with her whole "not killing innocent people" and Yun Que. 

Alicetcfwl:
As for who the mastermind is, I doubt it is ShangJue and his brother,

It's not. Based on what we know and also based on things I've seen in the trailer. 

Alicetcfwl:
it seems more an act of an internal power scheme by someone higher up in their organisation

major spoiler up next: Yeah I agree especially because after watching a few of the bts and the photos that the costars took and looking at the clothing they are wearing, I'm 99% certain Huan Yu (ZiYu's older brother) is not dead. 

Seems more of us are in the same boat of thinking big bro is still alive.

Sirry Usly:

Who? The other Wufeng girl, Zheng Nan Yi? Or the one that was poisoned? Sorry, I'm forgetting

People suspect that the ring/necklace that was around A'yun's neck belongs to her. I think her not leveling up has to do with her whole "not killing innocent people" and Yun Que. 

It's not. Based on what we know and also based on things I've seen in the trailer. 

major spoiler up next: Yeah I agree especially because after watching a few of the bts and the photos that the costars took and looking at the clothing they are wearing, I'm 99% certain Huan Yu (ZiYu's older brother) is not dead. 

Yes,  Nan Yi. He went on to investigate her background (scene where he was writing a letter and that servant started talking bout how he should be the head of the Gong family). 

Yes, exactly my point. 

As for that spoiler yes, but still he may be involved but not the mastermind. I am thinking he noticed something and had to do what he did in order to uncover what is going on. If you remember, he brought that other Chi to his father looking kinda annoyed or worried, and then we get a whole "they 3 fought and HuanYi and dad dead". But his body wasn't there, only dad and the Chi girl bodies, so I as well doubt he is dead. 

Interesting discussion thread. 

I do agreed that the brother may not be dead, my theory is he is investigating about WuFeng sect. And I am suspicious of the father’s wife, what’s her name Lady Ming Wu Ji…hunch that she is the mastermind behind WuFeng Sect, but then it’s all too early to tell. 

Yun Wei San is definitely a lot kinder and smarter but I guess because she followed the Raven who is of lower class, hence she is yet a Mei but only a Chi, and she ultimately wants freedom and not climb higher in the sect, so probably hiding her skills from the sect.

Sirry Usly:

"Ziyu finds a clue regarding the death of his father and elder brother, It seems the herb elixir that all gong's drink to make them immune to poison has been changed and the core ingredient is replaced to make it ineffective. " - @MsDarkqueen   

Lady Ming??? 

Omg didn't she give her late husband a cup of tea in episode 3?? 

No wait, this is kinda confusing me. I remember they showed us, Gong Hanyu's body during funeral, then why is everyone saying that his body was not shown.

I am predicting that he probably did not die, and they used some kinda poison to stop his breathe temporarily, and then he woke up again.

Because they showed his body during funeral! They did, I am sure.

Also I think Jin fan knows about it, because his help of finding prince yue ( the guy who confirmed about elixir) and and his help when they did not know about some 'trial thing' that GZY needs to do to be recognised was too much of a coincidence to be labelled as coincidence.

thatoldbooksmell:
Gong Hanyu's body during funeral, then why is everyone saying that his body was not shown.

I didn't say his body wasn't shown. I remember seeing it. That being said, there is no way this man is dead. I am 99% sure. 

Today's new info:

1. At the end of today's episode, we saw Shangguan Qian holding up 3 fingers towards A'yun. 

2. Everyone who has gone into the Gong sect has not returned, dead or alive except for A'yun's sister, Yun Que. 

3. An anonymous person sent a tip about the bride selection that would occur in 20 years and that's why since then, the majority of the Wufeng recruits have been women. 

4. No one in WuFeng, well none of the ravens, chi, mei, etc., know anything about this person because when they went into the Gong family, things got quiet. 

5. Stuff during the bride selection changed so they think this person may have gotten caught. 

6. A "mei" tag was found in one servant's room, Gong Yuan Zhi asks why they would help him, and Gong Shang Jue says they are trying to hurt him

7. Shangguan Qian has Gong Shang Jue's tag and that's why she thinks he's interested in her because of curiosity. 

8. GSJ says that he wants to take SGQ out because she's dangerous. 

9. Gong family weapons are made with poisons, their poisons are highly toxic and penetrative. Wax, such as candle wax, can be used to isolate the skin pores and make the weapons handleable. That's why SGQ pores the wax on her fingers to touch the weapon. 

10. ZiYu has 3 months to train and prove himself otherwise, he will lose his opportunity to be Sword Wielder. 

Sirry Usly:
2. Everyone who has gone into the Gong sect has not returned, dead or alive except for A'yun's sister, Yun Que. 

In one of the trailers, there were 2 scenes, one where A'yun was crying over a "dead" body and her raven HYS was threatening her, and another where her sister Yun Que was trapped in some sort of smoke/toxin presumably after "escaping" the Gong residence. 

A'yun wears the necklace that Yun Que was seen wearing around her neck in the mud scene. 

So, as far as A'yun knows, her sister is dead. 

"I think the long time spy ordered the Butler to change the herb and then plant it on GYZ (according to ep 5) The brothers killed the Butler so the spy made GSJ find the WuFeng Token then GZY will continue to doubt them? Not sure who is the long time spy yet but the concubine might be a possibility since she was the first to find the bodies who could lie…this could also be too obvious so cannot conclude yet." - from @loveanimeever