GSJ might be ambitious and he is more likely feeling wronged after his trials as he was the first one who completed them but I doubt he would kill anyone from Gong family, thats why it is so important for him to confirm if he is really a descendant of Gongs or not...
I have impression that Lady Wuji is up to something with info she is going to deliver to GSJ... she said earlier she is happy in the mansion and now suddenly she wants to leave due to bloodshed...
I think she is anonymous or there is another character we didn't meet yet.

vesca:

After watching todays episodes I am thinking that Lady Wuji is quite possible to be an anonymous as she was clearly a servant of ZiYu's mom... so the time she joined the mansion (if she came in during same brides selection) would fit perfectly. She can't get out of mansion to send messages but she has a lot of freedom inside... and no one is actually suspecting her

I'm also thinking the same, but is it too obvious now?? Am I overthinking that they wouldn't be so obvious? I don't think she is going to harm Ziyu, though. She may have another trick up her sleeve as a "witness."

hafu_girl:

I'm also thinking the same, but is it too obvious now?? Am I overthinking that they wouldn't be so obvious? I don't think she is going to harm Ziyu, though. She may have another trick up her sleeve as a "witness."

She is making it sound like she could help SGJ - so confirming that ZiYu is not from Gong lineage, but after getting his promise to send her away she may actually show evidence that he is real Gong

I doubt elders would made ZiYu SW if there would be anything unclear about his lineage

Also after watching today's episodes I have impression that front mansion people are only first guards and guys living in the valley are real deal in terms of skills and powers - they are more like deities - as prince Yun said he is much older than he looks like when he met ZiYu and oldest sister...

Maybe the mission is to get Ziyu in place as permanent Sword Wielder that is accepted by everyone (so that there's no chaos in the Gong family, less guard up) and then Wufeng can easily come in and either destroy the sect or make them join Wufeng. They probably see Ziyu as the weakest leader and therefore easiest to take over once and for all. Maybe?? Doesn't really explain why the brother isn't really dead and his role in all of it unless he wants the Gong family to join Wufeng and is helping them by killing off the strongest protesters against Wufeng (the father and Shangjue) and then using his close relationship with Ziyu to convince him that joining Wufeng is the best thing to do.

Any way - as I was expecting - we have even more unanswered questions than yesterday :D

hafu_girl:

Maybe the mission is to get Ziyu in place as permanent Sword Wielder that is accepted by everyone (so that there's no chaos in the Gong family, less guard up) and then Wufeng can easily come in and either destroy the sect or make them join Wufeng. They probably see Ziyu as the weakest leader and therefore easiest to take over once and for all. Maybe?? Doesn't really explain why the brother isn't really dead and his role in all of it unless he wants the Gong family to join Wufeng and is helping them by killing off the strongest protesters against Wufeng (the father and Shangjue) and then using his close relationship with Ziyu to convince him that joining Wufeng is the best thing to do.

Are we 100% sure Huan Yu is still alive? 

vesca:

No, but I keep seeing comments about it from BTS I guess? I haven't watched any extra teasers or BTS myself as I want to be surprised on screen.

vesca:

Also after watching today's episodes I have impression that front mansion people are only first guards and guys living in the valley are real deal in terms of skills and powers - they are more like deities - as prince Yun said he is much older than he looks like when he met ZiYu and oldest sister...

I agree that they are more like deities. Jin Fan seems to know about them. I'm becoming more curious about his character and who exactly he is.

Maybe Ziyu's "dead mom" is the woman leader of Wufeng. ?  Did someone already say that?

If the spy has survived for about 20 years she/he might have turned other people against the Gongs.maybe there are more people working for this person and the spy has his/her team inside the Gong mountain.

hafu_girl:

Yes, but A'Yun's mission was to be selected by HuanYu, not ZiYu. So Wufeng and HuanYu could have been in cahoots, but up until he "died". It makes no sense if WuFeng knew what HuanYu would do (being dead) and only giving  YWS the mission to be selected by HuanYu as he is the Sword Wielder-to-be and him dying. That'd be a nail in their own foot. 

sunmoonstar:

But I saw in your first post in this thread that wei shan went from mei to chi I copy pasted the sentence from your initial post

I've revised my theories throughout the thread and some of the theories aren't mine. They have quotation marks around them to indicate that they came from other people watching the drama and commenting in the comment section. Wasn't trying to sound aggressive or anything. Just trying to point out that this has been revised. 

vesca:

Yes, I am 100% sure now. Here's why: 

https://twitter.com/sirry1998/status/1699463352789925975?s=46

He appears in the new trailer. 

From the pictures I pieced together from the new trailer, Huan Yu was most likely behind the core ingredient switch. I'm not 100% sure about this though. I'm deducing this because of the following reasons: 

1. The man who used to work for GYZ but died/tried to use white powder to escape is seen kneeling before Huan Yu. 

2. Huan Yu is holding a small ball-like thing in his hands. 

3. Huan Yu in later scenes is seen fighting what looks to be A'yun and I think maybe SGQ? 

Does this mean I think Huan Yu is one of the "big bad" or "anonymous"? No, not necessarily. Just that there is more to him than meets the eye. I'm still trying to figure out his motivation for doing all this tbh, if he even did it that is. 

Oh also, if the stuff I wrote above is true, then he could also be the one who "planted" the mei tag in the guy's room that died.