ChunTian:

Ohhhh yes! Now that I know he was a heavenly Camellia, it makes sense now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ahhh...learning new things about TTEOTM everyday!

I totally missed that on my 1st & 2nd watch!

A bit curious about Gongye Jiwu in the first timeline (who appeared on the first episode). Was he also the magically-resurrected/reincarnated Xiao Lin?

Though, the Devil God (in ep.1) was reincarnated from Tantai Jin who died from kneeling on the frozen lake, which means, Xiao Lin wouldn’t have the same death story in that timeline. 

It would be an interesting side story, otherwise they’re just coincidentally have the same face.. it’s unlikely considering how everything in TTEOTM is so well explained & linked. :)

Come on guys there are so many materials for season 2, or at least some specials & side stories. *cries*

Mia:

I totally missed that on my 1st & 2nd watch!

A bit curious about Gongye Jiwu in the first timeline (who appeared on the first episode). Was he also the magically-resurrected/reincarnated Xiao Lin?

Though, the Devil God (in ep.1) was reincarnated from Tantai Jin who died from kneeling on the frozen lake, which means, Xiao Lin wouldn’t have the same death story in that timeline. 

It would be an interesting side story, otherwise they’re just coincidentally have the same face.. it’s unlikely considering how everything in TTEOTM is so well explained & linked. :)

Come on guys there are so many materials for season 2, or at least some specials & side stories. *cries*

Yes, Gongye Jiwu was the reincarnation of Xiao Lin in that timeline. 

They should have split it into 2 parts to tell the story better, but they decided on slashing episodes to reach 40 episodes cap.