After Ji Ah and Min Kyu kinda cleared up their misunderstandings and started dating. There was almost no real emotional 'resonance' to the show after that. 

I'm all for happiness and fluff because they totally deserve it (Especially after all the mental suffering and stress they went through) but the last few episodes felt like one huge epilogue arc and almost felt like season 2 or something.

Anyone else agree or is it just me lol. 

I think it was basically fanservice, because after all those cliffhangers and tears everyone demanded the ending to have more sweet couple moments and kiss scenes. I'm actually glad that the PDs granted our wish for some cutesy moments cuz that was seriously lacked throughout the drama. I wouldn't have liked the show that much if they hadn't compensated for all the angst haha

The ending did indeed feel different to me, the beginning few episode’s atmosphere was of course way long gone, and it seemed like a season 2.

However, the episodes were still very enjoyable thanks to the fanservice we were given, Im pretty sure almost everyone wanted to see the couple have more romancy time together, and  to that the last few episodes did an amazing job of it. 

It felt like a three part show : 1. Comedy the first few episodes 2. Nothing but drama, sadness, it became so serious (I started missing the comedy) 3. Cute and fluffy

P.S. what was the ending really about ? People were all rushing to go somewhere and then nothing, we just see the main leads kissing. Does that mean that there will be a second season ? 

I agree wholeheartedly with you and didn't really realize it until I read your comment! I also wonder if they rushed the ending because we never did find out who Madame X was and it really wasn't clear about his father's death... We clearly saw him driving but somehow the driver was involved and the other guy killed him??? That doesn't make sense to me and I was sure we would get that cleared up but it never happened. Really great show though but the ending was a little subpar and didn't match the rest of the show as far as writing goes.

Ashelynn:

I agree wholeheartedly with you and didn't really realize it until I read your comment! I also wonder if they rushed the ending because we never did find out who Madame X was and it really wasn't clear about his father's death... We clearly saw him driving but somehow the driver was involved and the other guy killed him??? That doesn't make sense to me and I was sure we would get that cleared up but it never happened. Really great show though but the ending was a little subpar and didn't match the rest of the show as far as writing goes.

YES!!!!! It's seems the writers didn't know how else to make their relationship interesting after. Like okay they are dating now.  Now where do  we go from here oh yeah the other,  kinda unclear plot about KM Financial lol.

NOW WHAT WOULD HAVE REALLY WORKED 

Basically let's have Min Gyu come back to Korea from the military but he holds on to his mothers necklace and says to Ji Ah something along the lines of its been 2 years but that time apart made me realized something or how much I love you. Then he wraps it around her neck and proposes to her in front of all their loved ones. End Credits. 

BAM! Not only is there closure to their relationship but just enough to make it feel impactful and has emotional weight to it, especially to make up for the no context lazy rushed time skip lol 

I agree. At the end, I  thought there was a wedding or something so eh ending, though not terrible. I personally had low expectations of this drama at first, was blown away by the comedy at the start, hung on in the middle (thinking please have her find out already!), and then got annoyed by the unnecessary lovey-dovey stuff at the end. I mean, the last two episodes were okay 'cuz her brother was funny.

I like the fact that they gave us more than 1 happy ending episode. I think shows should do it more. I don't really watch a show like this for the drama but for the comedy and romance. So many times I wish I could see more of the happy ever after the climax and this show delivered. During the climax I was already getting fed up with it and thankfully they were done with it in 2 episodes. I do wish they showed more of the other happy endings though like more out of the friendship between the two rivals than just a handshake and maybe a scene with the whole group would have been nice.  

I had to skip the majority of the angst episodes because it was too much angst for too long. I felt so badly for him from episode 7 (hour long episodes). When he found out, I really couldn't have it.

I appreciate the 2 episodes of them together. I agree, I dislike when after 16 plus hours we get 20 minutes of their happiness. At least here we got almost 2 episodes

Jinee:

It felt like a three part show : 1. Comedy the first few episodes 2. Nothing but drama, sadness, it became so serious (I started missing the comedy) 3. Cute and fluffy

P.S. what was the ending really about ? People were all rushing to go somewhere and then nothing, we just see the main leads kissing. Does that mean that there will be a second season ? 

I think at the end they all were rushing for the celebration of Min Kyu's comeback from the military.