Hello~ I don't really know what to say here (I'm really bad with introductions oops). I joined about a year ago and waited till now to write something in the forums cause I realized I wanted to make some friends LOL. My name is Vicki and my Chinese name is Li Fang. You're welcome to call me those, Kiwi, or whatever you prefer ೭੧(❛▿❛✿)੭೨ As you may or may not have realized now, I'm a Chinese American~ I'm in summer break and about to enter my senior year of high school. I was hesitant to message people because I seemed to be much younger than most of the community here, and I felt that it might've been awkward for me to go out and send people messages asking to be friends, but I might as well give it a go ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ I guess my hobbies would be Pokemon, watching dramas, listening to K-Pop (ARMY, Monbebe, Carat, etc.) and playing video games? I also had a huge anime phase a few years back and still enjoy watching the occasional series or movie. I'm not really sure if I'd call myself an "old" drama fan. I've watched Chinese dramas since I was 5, and it was a huge part of my childhood, but I didn't start watching Korean dramas until last year. I've also just recently became interested in Japanese dramas, so if you'd like, please recommend a few for me~ Anywho, I guess that's it for my intro. It turned out to be a lot longer than I thought it would (sorry if it's messy). Come chat with meeeee ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Hey! Nice intro! And I believe there are a lot of younger viewers here than you so don’t worry lol

I haven’t watched a lot of Japanese dramas but the ones I love is Love  in Tokyo or aka mischievous kiss (both seasons) and it’s on Netflix! Check em’ out if you haven’t done so. 

P.S. Welcome!!

hello c:

Senpai:

Hi!!

ty~ I’ll check out the Japanese drama you mentioned. I’ve watched the anime Itazura na Kiss before, but I’ve never checked out the drama adaptation.

Arooba:

Hey! Nice intro! And I believe there are a lot of younger viewers here than you so don’t worry lol

I haven’t watched a lot of Japanese dramas but the ones I love is Love  in Tokyo or aka mischievous kiss (both seasons) and it’s on Netflix! Check em’ out if you haven’t done so. 

P.S. Welcome!!

Lemme know how you like it!

Hi!! I'm about to enter 11th grade next week so I think we're kind of in the same age group~ Feel free to message me (✪‿✪)ノ

Hi Kiwi! 

Welcome! I am new to MDL and Dramas in general but I have covered a lot of ground in the drama world, (I'm not sure if that is something to brag about). Anyways I really like the below Japanese Dramas/Movies so check them out and see if they are your cup of tea. P.S. I'm so jealous you grew up with Chinese dramas! 

Kimi Wa Petto: My favorite Japanese drama.  It is about a neurotic anxious career woman who finds a young man named Takeshi in need of help and a home. She “adopts” him as her pet “Momo” to help her loneliness while she looks for a high spec boyfriend. Takeshi, having fallen for her, agrees to the arrangement. you can watch it here https://www.viki.com/tv/35651c-youre-my-pet-kimi-wa-petto?locale=en  

Wolf Girl and Black Prince (Movie): About a girl in High School who lies about having a boyfriend who happens to be the hottest/most popular guy in school. He agrees to go along with the ruse if she will be his "Pet Wolf" (I'm sensing a Japanese theme here). It was a short entertaining story.  I just watched it at https://kissasian.es/Drama/Wolf-Girl-and-Black-Prince

LDK (Movie): about a girl who ruins her neighbors house and while it is being renovated he stays with her. (Something like that) http://kissdrama.club/watch-online/l-dk-2014 

Have fun! 

Hello there!!! The both of us may be somewhat similar lol!! I just graduated from high school and will be starting college in the fall!! (My advice for an incoming senior is to try your best to the very end. Although it's exciting that everything will finally be over, you need to STILL continue to do your best in school and don't become a slacker. It'll happen since you're in your last year but definitely try to preserve through. - just a little advice :) ) I'm also an Asian American too (yay!!) and have been watching Asian dramas from a young age; from old Chinese dramas/movies to Thai dramas as well!!
Some Japanese dramas you can watch that I really enjoyed are:
-Koe Koi
-Boku, Unmei no Hito desu
-Buzzer Beat
-Aquarium Girl
-Love Rerun
-Hana Yori Dango (aka Boys Over Flowers although I'm recommending the Japanese ver. plus there is a recent second season as well that takes place years after the original story)
Hope you'll enjoy those!!

Thank you Laurli, I'll take a look at the recommendations you mentioned c: It's nice to have a lot of variety, but I tend to find a few things I like and stick with it. Hopefully that'll improve in the future

Julie_Jules:

Hello there!!! The both of us may be somewhat similar lol!! I just graduated from high school and will be starting college in the fall!! (My advice for an incoming senior is to try your best to the very end. Although it's exciting that everything will finally be over, you need to STILL continue to do your best in school and don't become a slacker. It'll happen since you're in your last year but definitely try to preserve through. - just a little advice :) ) I'm also an Asian American too (yay!!) and have been watching Asian dramas from a young age; from old Chinese dramas/movies to Thai dramas as well!!
Some Japanese dramas you can watch that I really enjoyed are:
-Koe Koi
-Boku, Unmei no Hito desu
-Buzzer Beat
-Aquarium Girl
-Love Rerun
-Hana Yori Dango (aka Boys Over Flowers although I'm recommending the Japanese ver. plus there is a recent second season as well that takes place years after the original story)
Hope you'll enjoy those!!

Tbh I've been low key slacking since I was a freshman LOL, but thank you for the advice. Just thinking about college applications is already stressing me out. Good luck in your first year of college~