Welcome to MDL... I'm in Cali too (Bay Area) :)

Thank you!! OMG YESSSS a fellow person from the Bay Area! I am also from the Bay Area :"D Are you in San Jose? That is where I am from haha

I work in Bay Area and we seem to have similar taste in drama, welcome!

Jay:

Hello and thank you! Wow that's cool, what do you do for your work? Yeah, we both love NIF :") I am so happy to see another fan!! Also, I know a Jay on here too and I see you both are friends. https://mydramalist.com/profile/JayEllz How do you both know each other? Hahahaha

Jay:

I actually just asked Jay about you and he said he met you on this website haha that is so interesting how you both have the same name and very similar taste in dramas!!

Glitch in the matrix..I mean I forgot to log out of my second account. 

Jay:

Glitch in the matrix..I mean I forgot to log out of my second account. 

Shut up Jay!

Jay:

Also, please don't misunderstand if you thought I was telling you to shut up, I was telling the second Jay to shut up haha :-) Thank you still for your welcome to me!

langyabang:

Hello and thank you! Wow that's cool, what do you do for your work? Yeah, we both love NIF :") I am so happy to see another fan!! Also, I know a Jay on here too and I see you both are friends. https://mydramalist.com/profile/JayEllz How do you both know each other? Hahahaha

I work in tech, as most ppl in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley.

I'm aware of another Jay and assure you he's not me, otherwise I would've been talking to myself. We met on this site called MyDramaList where there's only a handful of cdrama fans. If you look deep enough into the popular cdramas, you'll probably find my controversial opinions/criticisms somewhere, the other Jay tends to find the positives I think. In fact, I just posted one on Secrets of the Three Kingdoms, I would still recommend watching it though.

NIF is I dare say an objectively good drama so I think a lot of ppl will naturally like it. I actually I think we share similar taste because of the other stuff.

Jay:

I'm aware of another Jay and assure you he's not me, otherwise I would've been talking to myself. We met on this site called MyDramaList where there's only a handful of cdrama fans. If you look deep enough into the popular cdramas, you'll probably find my controversial opinions/criticisms somewhere, the other Jay tends to find the positives I think. In fact, I just posted one on Secrets of the Three Kingdoms, I would still recommend watching it though.

NIF is I dare say an objectively good drama so I think a lot of ppl will naturally like it. I actually I think we share similar taste because of the other stuff.

Yeah, CDramas are kind of a niche on this website, you'll eventually run into the same people commenting on dramas which has its advantages because there's a sense of familiarity. It was inevitable that we'd run into each other because of our similar (great) tastes. You know me so well, I do try to see the positives in anything lol. But I do like seeing your opinions around because of your in-depth analysis and they're usually filled with FACTS.

Jay:

Were you born and raised here in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley? I was haha

This still feels so weird that I am talking to two Jays lmao. You both type so similarly though... are you both sure you're not long lost brothers? LOOOL

Yeah, c-dramas are pretty underrated with the k-drama hype taking over currently. I guess people prefer looking at k-dramas as there's this kind of idealistic romance in most of them lol. I personally have watched all k, c, and j-dramas and I honestly enjoy c-dramas so far the most. I find the acting of most k-dramas are so overexaggerated and over the top, so that's a turn off. The storylines for most k-dramas can get a bit bland... On the other hand, the storylines for a lot of j-dramas are seriously so incredibly brilliant but I find the acting in basically all j-dramas so awkward and restricted like they are not acting to their fullest potential? Yeah, if only jdramas could improve on the acting of their actors, then at least one j-drama could make it on my favorite dramas list! Korean dramas are my 2nd favorite type of dramas after Chinese dramas just like you! Yeah, I read your bio haha :) Remember - War of the Son is in your favorite dramas list too yessssssss you have good taste indeed.

NIF is definitely a good drama to me also. Oh god, I am still in love with the show. It will seriously remain my #1 favorite drama of all time in this generation, that's a fact. I hope to bring out good content like NIF in the future as my major includes film though, haha hopefully I even survive college :-) This world needs more good quality content of dramas like NIF, I'll try my best to make it happen!

similar (great) tastes are right. Anyone who likes Nirvana in Fire and prefers C-dramas to watch has good taste, that's just FACTS.

langyabang:
Yeah, if only jdramas could improve on the acting of their actors

I remembering saying the same thing somewhere but now I think their acting is not necessarily bad, but they have a different culture thus influencing the way they act. It may seem bland to us, maybe lacking in emotion/too reserved but it's perfectly normal for them. What I find most weird is the contrast between japanese acting and anime voice acting.

I can't say I like cdrama more than kdrama overall, but I think China has the best drama at the top end.

Jay:

I remembering saying the same thing somewhere but now I think their acting is not necessarily bad, but they have a different culture thus influencing the way they act. It may seem bland to us, maybe lacking in emotion/too reserved but it's perfectly normal for them. What I find most weird is the contrast between japanese acting and anime voice acting.

I can't say I like cdrama more than kdrama overall, but I think China has the best drama at the top end.

Yeah, the other Jay mentioned about the acting in KDramas being all conducted on a certain level, which in the end, imo, makes the acting not too unique for each actor but I definitely get what you mean.  Every culture is different. Yeah, that's what I was thinking, the anime voice acting is so full of emotion and just fantastic while japanese acting is like no where near that kind of level. Tragic imo. 

Yes, there is bad dramas in every type of country's dramas haha. China is definitely giving us good content for dramas in the end.

langyabang:

Thank you!! OMG YESSSS a fellow person from the Bay Area! I am also from the Bay Area :"D Are you in San Jose? That is where I am from haha

I'm wondering how many of us from the Bay Area... hehehe.  I live in the city, BTW.