Hello there, people of MDL. I'm not very good with introductions but here goes nothing; I have recently found the world of K-dramas (Since around May 2018). I am a male (apparently this is the one of the few communities online where this is not a given) and I'm looking to find as many friends as possible who I can talk about dramas with and stuff. I'd love it if someone knows of an exhaustive list of good dramas that I can enjoy that are perhaps directed towards a male audience. So far I have really enjoyed all the dramas I've watched, but in some of them it's obvious the target audience is female and I feel a bit left out lol (doesn't make them any less adorable/enjoyable tho).

Hello FusedAtoms,

Welcome to MDL.
As a woman, I'm pleased each time a man introduce himself here because, unlike what most of my male friends believe, dramas are not all about romcom.

Here are some dramas you can try :
- Bad Guys
- Signal (My All-time favourite drama. Maybe not the best drama to start with precisely because of that but you tried some others already so why not?)
- When a Snail Falls in Love (No, it's not a joke. Despite its name, this is a crime chinese drama. The novel is way more on the romance side, hence the name. But the drama is mainly about the investigation. It's one big case so don't forget the villains in the early episodes if you watch it.)

In your PTW list, You're all Surrounded has romance but not as much as the dramas you already completed. It's mainly a cop drama.

NB : Those are police dramas but you can also try period dramas. You can try Iljimae for starter. It's kind of a mix between Zorro and Robin Hood.

Seonsaeng Community Manager

I am also a male hahaha. There are not many males watching k-drama :(

Welcome to MDL! Hope you have a nice time here ^^

You can take a look at my list. You will probably find a lot of dramas you will enjoy.

@nastou19 I'll be sure to add those to my PTW list. By the way, I do enjoy romcoms, I enjoy them quite a bit in fact. It's just that sometimes seeing how most of the stories are set up in such a way that the female lead is more relate-able than the male lead, like the classic rich man, poor/middle class woman plot, I feel a bit left out you know? I also want to watch romcom stories where I can relate to the guy in the drama XD

@Seonsaeng I'll take a look at your list and see what I can fish out XD thanks for sharing. And yeah I've realized that there aren't many male k-drama fans, hopefully as time goes by more males realize how enjoyable these dramas are. Personally I've really come to really like how Love and Romance are portrayed in K-Dramas as opposed to other western series.

Welcome aboard!   A few recent ones you might check out that aren't necessarily catering toward one or another (M/F) but do embrace the male character(s) very well from a character-development standpoint:

My Mister

Money Flower

Come and Hug Me

Black