My name is Stephanie, but I prefer to be called Steph. I'll pretty much watch anything, but I mainly like mystery/crime, exploitation films from the 60s/70s, and tokusatsu (though I'm only scratching the surface at the moment so if you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me.) I'm kinda shy, but feel free to add me as a friend.

Welcome on MDL Steph! I hope you will have plenty of fun here on MDL ^^ 

So, there is one thing I am curious about. How, or maybe why exactly are you specifically watching exploitation movies from the 60s/70s? Do these movies have something that newer movies from the same genre are lacking nowadays? 

Ventic:

Welcome on MDL Steph! I hope you will have plenty of fun here on MDL ^^ 

So, there is one thing I am curious about. How, or maybe why exactly are you specifically watching exploitation movies from the 60s/70s? Do these movies have something that newer movies from the same genre are lacking nowadays? 

Thank you.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really know why. It's not that newer movies of the same genre are bad, not at all. I guess it's that that's when the genre was at it's prime so it's where I feel the most drawn to. And as for how, If they're on streaming sites, then I'll watch them there. Otherwise, I'll find a place to download them.

Hello Steph! Welcome to the community!

DeadCreampuff:

Thank you.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really know why. It's not that newer movies of the same genre are bad, not at all. I guess it's that that's when the genre was at it's prime so it's where I feel the most drawn to. And as for how, If they're on streaming sites, then I'll watch them there. Otherwise, I'll find a place to download them.

I personally think that exploitation films from the 60s/70s have this distinct depressing mood of an era in which cinema was forced to compete with television and, later, with the advent of direct-to-video flicks. Still, it's only my observation after watching a lot of Meiko Kaji stuff.

Ebisuno92:

Hello Steph! Welcome to the community!

I personally think that exploitation films from the 60s/70s have this distinct depressing mood of an era in which cinema was forced to compete with television and, later, with the advent of direct-to-video flicks. Still, it's only my observation after watching a lot of Meiko Kaji stuff.

Thanks.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

DeadCreampuff:

Thank you.

Hmm... I see! I don't think I've actually seen any exploitation movies from the 60s/70s myself set. Could you recommend any good ones that you loved? Thank you very much in advance ^^ 

Ventic:

Hmm... I see! I don't think I've actually seen any exploitation movies from the 60s/70s myself set. Could you recommend any good ones that you loved? Thank you very much in advance ^^ 

I personally enjoyed Stray Cat Rock: Delinquent Girl Boss myself. Sing a Song of Sex by Nagisa Oshima and Funeral Parade of Roses are also good. (Though Funeral Parade of Roses is more arthouse than exploitation but still.)

DeadCreampuff:

I personally enjoyed Stray Cat Rock: Delinquent Girl Boss myself. Sing a Song of Sex by Nagisa Oshima and Funeral Parade of Roses are also good. (Though Funeral Parade of Roses is more arthouse than exploitation but still.)

Alright. Thank you very much for your recommendation! I think I'm gonna go and check Stray Cat Rock in the near future to see where you're coming from with your enthusiasm about old exploitation movies, who knows, maybe I'll also like it ^^ 

Oh and I send you a friend request by the way.