what does everyone think?

Or are there any articles related to this that has been published?

I am aware of the unfortunate event regarding the author ... Ive not read the manga but how much do we have to work with from end of it this series and the manga??

Pretty sure most of the story was covered. There were a few things left out, but I don't think it was enough for a whole season.
From what I've read, her husband has no intention of letting anyone take control of her story.  I think it's because of the manner in which she passed, and I would understand his feelings on that.  

As for the making of this into a drama, the Taiwanese version, as far as I've heard, is the closest resemblance to her actually story, including ending it exactly at the point she left it when she died and noting in comments something to the affect, "out of respect for the author, we have no intentions of making a complete ending and deciding the final fate of the characters on our own..."  ...and frankly, we don't know if she actually ends up pregnant and to move forward with the story you'd have to write making assumptions on what Kaoru intended.
ahhh i see, it would be good if they were able to make a special but of course there are her husbands wishes too to take note of, unfortunate that. I understand his feelings too, the taiwanese version from what i remember, its been many years since i watched they kiss again but didnt they make her blind at some point... i dont remember that happening in the korean version either..? O.O

oh well, hopefully we get to see yuki fukuwara and honoka miki in another drama together, not sure on the chances of that..! i'm struggling to watch their other dramas because all i can see is him with her and vice versa! o.O
i think im going to end up re watching both series again...
The Korean one only did the first season and added to it in mini-YT, naver style 10-15 minute episodes.  I think you can search them up, but it didn't take it past the wedding.  Much like the Thai version Kiss Me seems that they'll end with the first season as well.  I think that the most recent Japanese version ending with ALMOST confirming she's pregnant, but I don't remember them delving too much on her "blindness".  Her night blindness was always a part of the story, so it would be hard to leave out that part.
i've seen the korean one but i dont remember much of it...i probably didnt enjoy it very much tbh, when i was watching itakiss: LIT all i kept thinking about was the taiwanese version. I've not watched any Thai dramas, not sure if i'll see it to be honest.
ohhh was her night blindness something that ran during the manga too? did they mention it in the love in tokyo series too or did i miss that part out?

i guess the japanese movie version pretty much finalizes that there wont be a season 3 right? like they've moved on already?
There is supposedly going to be a Kiss Me Season 2 but I have not heard anything on it since just after Kiss Me finished airing. I don't know if it is still in the works or not.
The original Taiwanese version was definitely the closest to the manga and the ending was pretty much where the author left it.  To my knowledge the authors husband and son have only agreed to a complete ending on one occasion and that was for the anime.  They worked with the animators to give a complete ending based on his wifes notes and what she had told him her vision of an ending was.  Beyond that you are aright, he has never agreed to it for a live action version.